Forums

Add Fortunate Component Crates

Quick find code: 74-75-993-66226129

29Skillcapes
Aug Member 2018

29Skillcapes

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The convenience of the existing crates provide a pretty great template for a major QoL improvement in the form of Fortunate component crates. The low limit of 2 on Treasure Trail items is obviously important to stop manipulation given their low volume, but the increasing demand for Fortunate Components means that a major portion of RS content is locked behind a willingness to spend massive amounts of time at the GE making buy offers for the various items that give Fortunate components.

Adding Fortunate component crates to the game will reduce the amount of time spamming buy offers on and off GE, allow Treasure Hunters and Hydrix manufacturers to deal more directly and unlock Fortunate manufacturing for more of the community. I therefore suggest that Small, Medium and Large component crates be added to the game that hold 10, 25 and 50 components, respectively, with a buy limit of 10 and a manufacturing process identical to the Ancient components.

20-Aug-2021 18:02:58

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i dont see this working well as u cant really get an accurate price for all the different prices of the items that give the components while yes they all cost around 1m but some end up being higher in cost then others and if theres crates itll possibly be easy to manipulate crate prices as ge is set by other players buying and selling stuff
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

20-Aug-2021 18:10:57

29Skillcapes
Aug Member 2018

29Skillcapes

Daddy Roshi said :
i dont see this working well as u cant really get an accurate price for all the different prices of the items that give the components while yes they all cost around 1m but some end up being higher in cost then others and if theres crates itll possibly be easy to manipulate crate prices as ge is set by other players buying and selling stuff

There are calculators on the wiki that average out all the current prices for items that give Fortunate components and have no other real use, but you're right that the items fluctuate wildly and it isn't really a "true" price. The cause of that is the low volume and limits for individual components, which mean that buying quickly is far more expensive. By funneling all the items people only buy for Fortunates into the crates, the price should stabilize as a result of increased volume.

However, I think you're right that manipulation might be a bigger concern, so maybe a limit of 2 for the crates makes more sense. Jagex would obviously have a better sense for the total volume of Fortunate components that are traded on a given day, I don't have the foggiest..

20-Aug-2021 19:46:32

29Skillcapes
Aug Member 2018

29Skillcapes

Tenebri said :
i see this as crashing tt item prices, so i dont think it be a great idea.

I think they would jump significantly since it'd cut out the middlemen wasting their time on the GE. Based on the current price of Alchemical Hydrix and Onyx and some research on forums, I expect bulk Fortunate components are currently worth 1.2-1.3m each. For someone like myself that has all the other required items thanks to Brooch and Scav4, 1.35m would even be profitable.

The average price based on the wiki calculator that I'm using is just under 1.1m each, so that means that every item manufactured with Fortunate components has a ~10m "annoyance fee" that would eliminated by making bulk Fortunate components more accessible. I really wouldn't be surprised if the current process was dominated by bots, because it is AWFUL.

20-Aug-2021 19:56:00 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2021 20:03:08 by 29Skillcapes

Kopaka
Dec Member 2023

Kopaka

Posts: 3,578 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the idea.

I think it would cause items made from Fort components to drop in price.

But I don't think that's a terrible thing.

I think it's a great QoL thing for clue hunters as you say, since it would no longer require collecting 50 components just to make your sale.

I don't see this affecting the price of TT items. Don't see why it would. It's just making the output easier to trade. TT items are still going to be needed to be bought in order to make these crates so why would their price change.

The only aspect that is changing here is an increase in the supply of the components themselves which would bring down LotD GotE etc. since they would be easier to get the materials to make.

But I see no issue with LotD and GotE resting near production value. Currently you can make like 20m just from assembling all the materials to make these items. A bit ridiculous honestly.

TTs would still be profitable. This wouldn't change that.

LotD and GotE would still be expensive (50m range) This is a fine thing as far as I'm concerned. The only people this 'hurts' is people who flip LotDs and GotEs and other fort products. Screw flippers.

20-Aug-2021 21:08:14

Quick find code: 74-75-993-66226129 Back to Top