Forums

Add Fortunate Component Crates

Quick find code: 74-75-993-66226129

PiraBob

PiraBob

Posts: 37,493 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
@29Skillcapes

Fortunate components are not designed to be tradeable. Why do Jagex want to make just Fortunate and not the other components like Zamorak and Shadows easier to trade?

If Jagex want to make a change to add material crates to all the invention materials but not just Fortunate then I will agree they won't change the player driven economy.

Nobody says those others shouldn't be tradeable? So I dunno where you got that from. But you've got to start somewhere and you might as well start with the ones that are hardest to trade because they're spread over dozens of different items that don't all fit on the GE together with only 8 slots there.
Bob

13-Oct-2021 21:07:28 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2021 21:07:50 by PiraBob

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PiraBob said :
Dilbert2001 said :
@29Skillcapes

Fortunate components are not designed to be tradeable. Why do Jagex want to make just Fortunate and not the other components like Zamorak and Shadows easier to trade?

If Jagex want to make a change to add material crates to all the invention materials but not just Fortunate then I will agree they won't change the player driven economy.

Nobody says those others shouldn't be tradeable? So I dunno where you got that from. But you've got to start somewhere and you might as well start with the ones that are hardest to trade because they're spread over dozens of different items that don't all fit on the GE together with only 8 slots there.

Jagex didn't make just 1 component tradeable. When they released ancient inventions, ALL the the new archaeology components were made tradeable through crates. They didn't start with just one.

14-Oct-2021 00:17:38

PiraBob

PiraBob

Dilbert2001 said :
Jagex didn't make just 1 component tradeable. When they released ancient inventions, ALL the the new archaeology components were made tradeable through crates. They didn't start with just one.

Idk what point you're even trying to make or what that has to do with the post, but whatever. Start with just fortunates, make them all tradeable, idc either way as long as it happens.
Bob

16-Oct-2021 17:48:14

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

PiraBob said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Idk what point you're even trying to make or what that has to do with the post, but whatever. Start with just fortunates, make them all tradeable, idc either way as long as it happens.

I have made my point very clear and it is over 9000% this post is about. If RS3 makes ALL invention components tradeable to improve the game but not to affect a specific part of the player driven economy, then they should do it.

Invention is a gp sink skill. I don't see Jagex want to let players make gp directly though trading anyway. Archaeology is meant to be an all around skill, and not specifically a gp sink one, that's why ancient invention components coming from Archaeology are made tradeable.

16-Oct-2021 18:25:44

PiraBob

PiraBob

Your first sentence makes no grammatical sense at all. Also, no you didn't make a point clear at all. At least to me I still have no idea what your opinion even is, most of your posts are incomprehensible and devoid of any logical construct. Now you're suddenly talking about gp sinks even though nothing in the skill sinks money other than Seren components through burning through tens of thousands of crystal armour seeds at Islwyn, and that has no connection to anything else you were typing. On the net Invention probably makes more money enter the economy through alching machines and negating gear degradation than it makes it leave through people making thousands of crystal shields for Seren components. Also gp sink has nothing to do with components being tradeable from player to player, which is what this whole thread is about. Bob

16-Oct-2021 20:42:28 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2021 20:44:22 by PiraBob

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

@PiraBob

This thread is not about grammar, neither do I think any thread on these RSOF is about grammar.

Regretfully, since you "no idea what your opinion even is" although I have made my points very clear and have entertained discussions from other posters who aren't talking about grammar, I am just going to ignore your post. Thanks for your comment. :)

16-Oct-2021 21:15:29

Chatters
Feb Member 2017

Chatters

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just made 4 small historic component crates. I opened them and I got a message stating that I received a total of 400 historic components but I did not receive them. They are not in my materials. I should have 706 but I only have 306.

Please disregard.

24-Jan-2022 16:04:52 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2022 16:46:43 by Chatters

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Only reason TT items are hard to buy is 'Most' like myself that do clues often, dismantle them ourselves. I view the average cost for LOTD/GOTE and subtract the onyx cost then divide by 50, everything higher than that number i sell as it will result in a 'loss' on my end creating these items. Most the time, they sell fast. If the GE point to a rise on LOTD/GOTE, i don't worry too much.

Sometimes this process only profits an added 2-4mill from the 50 tt items and i also buy my onyx's under alch value.

I don't support a bulk sale of these items via crates. ^ that extra 2-4mill will close to Zero if people turn this into a buy all 50, create, sell. I do the work to gain my 50, i deserve my profits, not the merchers.

^The wasteful time at GE trying to do just that, is what prevents it from happening. ;)

12-Jun-2022 04:04:57

29Skillcapes
Aug Member 2018

29Skillcapes

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XSlay4DeathX said :
Only reason TT items are hard to buy is 'Most' like myself that do clues often, dismantle them ourselves. I view the average cost for LOTD/GOTE and subtract the onyx cost then divide by 50, everything higher than that number i sell as it will result in a 'loss' on my end creating these items. Most the time, they sell fast. If the GE point to a rise on LOTD/GOTE, i don't worry too much.

Sometimes this process only profits an added 2-4mill from the 50 tt items and i also buy my onyx's under alch value.

I don't support a bulk sale of these items via crates. ^ that extra 2-4mill will close to Zero if people turn this into a buy all 50, create, sell. I do the work to gain my 50, i deserve my profits, not the merchers.

^The wasteful time at GE trying to do just that, is what prevents it from happening. ;)

I don't think merchers are all that inconvenienced by it, especially when it comes to F2P TT items. They have plenty of alts and can just set them up to buy low when folks that do TT chuck them in the GE. In many ways they benefit from the lack of competition from skillers, who would drive up the prices that TT hunters get for their items. This means larger margins, which merchers obviously love.

I disagree with your opinion that TT are only hard to buy because of TT folks making their own items. TT items certainly buy, but the limits and volumes for individual items are so low that it's a time consuming process even if you buy all instant.

20-Jun-2022 17:34:49

Quick find code: 74-75-993-66226129 Back to Top