Forums

Necromancy Feedback

Quick find code: 74-75-500-66291795

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last Updated 18th August - 21:57 Game Time

Hello this thread is just a collection of thing's i've noticed which could be improved on in the future to make the skill a much better one, these are only my opinions but updated with user submitted opinions too.

Rituals
- The Ritual site could really do with a bank chest nearby, lost count how many times i had to run across that bridge for the sake of a candle. (possibly unlockable after level 20)

- Perhaps allowing you to update and click on items nearby without running off from the platform would make life easier

- The wandering soul and shambling horror is impossible to see or dont have time to react, let them go for a wander rather then here 1 second gone the next

- Repair all option for the site could be better left on the platform rather then the pedestal

- Soul attraction doesn't do much if your only using the glyphs required for the ritual and could be more useful if there was an increase as you do higher tier rituals

- Little bug bare but why do items leave big spaces in the store box and not group together when you close it

- Ashes are a tedious item to collect perhaps selling them in the shop at 500gp each at a base stock of 1k would be easier

- Necroplasm takes forever to collect transmuting 200 into 100 every minute but requiring thousands to get enough to make a decent amount of ghostly ink, perhaps change this to 1000 for 500

- Add 1 soul to the well of souls for every 1 kill using necro as an alternative to rituals

- The area should remember your skybox settings.

- Allow unensouled bar's to be stored in the chest

- Rituals to add a small amount of souls to the well of souls

- Make the glyphs unclickable during rituals
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

09-Aug-2023 11:59:18 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2023 17:16:30 by Werewolf

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Well of souls
- not much to change except the soul cost on tier 8 and tier 9 when it jumps from 8,500 to 35,000 for a single spell perhaps bring it down to 15,000

Transmuting

Quests
- that old black magic quest could be updated slightly rather then saying it has a requirement of 32, but then realising after you started it you need 65 to finish it, why not just mark it as a level 65 quest.

- from 0 to level 95 for questcape is a sharp increase on a new skill perhaps bring the 95 down to 85

- bring the alpha vs omega requirement from 30,000 to 10,000 in line with an earlier suggestion

Area Tasks
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

09-Aug-2023 12:04:41 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2023 14:12:12 by Werewolf

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Abilities
- Abilities that use adrenaline could do with a few seconds cooldown, its very difficult to get adrenaline past 30% with bloated for example

- Split conjure and command into 2 different abilities to allow multiple conjures without a random command box

Combat
- Add a pouch that can hold all the various types of runes or allow them to be stored in the tome of um to save inventory spaces

- Allow Legacy mode to complete tasks by way of some type of conjure tablet made in rituals instead of using adrenaline to cast the ability

- Add a global cooldown on abilities to make it easier to tell whats doing what

- put Ectoplasm in the Quiver/Rune Pouch slot

- Make it possible to wear the armour without having to complete Kili's task's

- Allow Ulthven necroplasm to be dropped from the ambassador during story mode

Additional area's of improvement
- Move the student becomes the master achievement to trimmed completionist as it does require some high level bossing for t90 and its abit strange to have make the armour on trimmed but unlock on completionist, sorry but if I'm going to kill telos, arraxor and the ambassador with necromancy making the armour is the easy part

- small addition but a dead tree with a gold ring on it placed somewhere in the city could be a fun little easter egg with an examine saying "with this ring I ask you to be mine" as a reference to Tim burtons corpse bride.

- Remove some rocks to make it more ascetically pleasing

- Add a teleport to the runecrafting site either a tablet or put it on the wicked hood

- add more soul storage chests particularly in the citadel area and possibly near a bank

- Move Malignus Mortifer 4 squares to the east to prevent misclicking

- Add a necromancy tab somewhere in legacy mode so incantations can be useable
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

09-Aug-2023 12:04:47 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2023 14:11:32 by Werewolf

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agree with almost everything, ashes I found killing the faster way of getting them that way you train combat side of it the same time. I started with the 4 elemental mages south of fally and cut/ burn trees near them in-between. Later I moved to abbysal monsters and they aggressive so no need to waste aggro potions.

Both the summoning tasks took me ages to work out, I just turned off auto attack and remove weapons and punch them once, replace weapons and then summon. (Lower your melee stats if you can but don't boost them)

Not sure if well of souls need to change as you will be gaining xp a lot faster by then, the idea was you have to choose your path rather than unlock everything at once.

The wondering soul I found easy, but the cave horror event fails 4 out of 5 times because it resets when you move, and the click area is too small not to mis click and move to it.

Necroplasam you can set multiply many times later on so you can get way more than 100 back and the higher-level ones last longer so don't need as many.

09-Aug-2023 12:47:10

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

multiply is useful but even with 4x multiply 2 your still on 280, and thats only for lesser if you want to make greater then that amount is reduced as you need more glyphs for that ritual, by increasing the amount you could get all the necroplasm you will ever need in a lot less time giving more time to actually train the skill

with the well of souls getting talent points isnt an issue its getting the 35,000 souls required to unlock the top tier of the talent tree
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

09-Aug-2023 13:18:57 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2023 13:21:09 by Werewolf

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,607 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The bank chest is a must, crazy that there isn't one at the site.

Another small suggestion:
After you select "replace focus" on the pedestal, allow us to confirm by hitting the space bar, as it does with many other skills (instead of having to left click "select ritual"
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

09-Aug-2023 13:38:26

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

alternative to a bank chest is to add another layer of spaces in the store chest for ghostly ink and candles so you can make the repairs without needing them in your inventory
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

09-Aug-2023 14:03:31

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,607 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another thing I just noticed after logging out, I don't think the pedestal defaults to ""last used" and it'd be helpful if it did/

09-Aug-2023 14:16:25

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Also, as there doesn't seem to be a dedicated sticky for feedback, we're making this one ;)

Hope that's ok with you Werewolf, we can direct all suggestions to this thread if you don't mind?

Once Necromancy isn't considered a recent update, we can move this thread to somewhere more permanent for as long as it's needed.

09-Aug-2023 14:24:25 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2023 14:29:51 by Rooh

Quick find code: 74-75-500-66291795 Back to Top