Forums

Dragons of Surdaus

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

Posts: 10,061 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I flapped madly, trying to slow my fall... but it was too late; I had fallen too far. As the ground rushed up to meet me, my last thought was that I never got to open the rest of my presents.
Heart of Emerald gave me the gift of dragonhood -my greatest wish, my deepest desire- and had taken away my life as I tried to protect it. As I fell closer and closer to the ground, my life flashed before my eyes.... My first Birthday... my mother gave me a stuffed green dragon; I had taken to dragons instantly. My first day of school... the other kids laughed at me because of how short I was; my parents feared I had been born a dwarf. First Grade... I got beat up and picked on at school because of how much I liked dragons. It got so bad, my mom was forced to Home-School me. My seventh Birthday... I got my first dragon Model from my dad; it was a beautiful, dark, emerald-green. It had lavender wings, golden eyes, snow-white claws and spikes, and a blue-tipped tail. It was always my favorite. I would sit up in my room, just looking at it, dreaming of what it would be like to actually BE a Dragon. My eighth Birthday... I started collecting Dragon Models, even painting some myself, filling my room with them. I got a Poster of a green dragon from my mom. And, on my tenth Birthday... I became a dragon!
I opened my jaws, letting Heart of Emerald fall, and let out a mighty roar. I finally hit, and met the cement's cold embrace....

14-Sep-2007 07:55:12 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2009 00:01:22 by xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

The next scene was witnessed by Aaron's father.

I watched, running down the stairs as fast as I could, as Aaron fell, desperately trying to slow himself, towards the ground. Just as I burst out of the building, I watched as Aaron stopped flapping his wings, and opened his jaws. As the gem fell, Aaron let out a mighty roar. His roar was cut-off as he collided into the cement with a sickening thud.
I immediately ran towards him. I fell to my knees, lifting Aaron's head. His eyes were still open; they were a golden color. My eyes streaming, I gently felt his neck, checking for a pulse... there was none. "No, no, no, no, no, no... Aaron!" I screamed, shaking him, but he lay motionless, a trickle of blood falling from his mouth.
His eyes were emotionless, almost resigned... almost as if he had accepted his fate. My hands trembling, I closed his eyes and gently laid his head back down on the cement. I staggered backwards, not believing what had happened: Aaron was dead....
Suddenly, I saw a glow off to the right: It was Heart of Emerald.... It lifted off the ground and began to float towards Aaron's broken body, glowing brighter as it drew closer....

14-Sep-2007 07:55:13 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2008 00:30:56 by xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

Suddenly, it stopped directly over Aaron. A ghostly image materialized from the gem and floated towards me. As it took shape, I recognized it as a dragon. It looked just like Aaron.... The ghostly dragon came right up to my face... and smiled sadly. ~Don't weep for me, Dad...~ Aaron's voice emanated from it. I was transfixed with wonder. I reached up with my left hand to touch Aaron's wing... but it passed right through. Aaron's face filled with sorrow. ~I guess this is the end... I should've told you about the gem, and this would've never happened. But now... my dream finally came true.~ He smiled broadly. ~I'm a dragon now, and I got to see you one last time.~
"Aaron..." My eyes streamed; I still couldn't believe what had happened. "I'm so sorry. I should never have given you Heart of Emerald...."
Heart of Emerald gave off a dinging noise, as if calling to Aaron. Aaron's head turned toward the gem as it began to glow brighter. ~I guess it's time to go....~ I could see now that Aaron had been holding back his tears, but now they streamed down his long face. ~I don't know what will happen now... but I'll never forget you... ever....~ His eyes still streamed, but a grin spread on his face. ~Goodbye, Dad.~
With a playful roar, he shot off towards the gem as it grew blindingly bright. He hit it, and there was an explosion of light.... When the light cleared- Aaron's body, Heart of Emerald, and Aaron's spirit... were gone, without a trace.

14-Sep-2007 07:55:13 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2009 00:02:17 by xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

The cost of ascension is great, almost unbearable... but in the end, they both finally saw the silver-lining to all of it: Aaron's dream of becoming a dragon had finally come true. And now, Aaron's spirit will pass on from this life to the next - a dragon for all eternity - and finally rest in peace....
But this tale isn't over... not yet. The cost of ascension is the sacrifice of one's own life... and Aaron has made that sacrifice. When Aaron hit the ground, he didn't truly die. And now... Aaron will begin a new adventure, in a land far from here. His life as a human is over. But his life as a dragon... has only just begun....

14-Sep-2007 07:56:00 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2009 00:03:07 by xxDkreignxx

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065 Back to Top