Forums

Dragons of Surdaus

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065

Chuk

Chuk

Posts: 14,177 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll start reading tonight.
Done with the Prequel. I liked it quite a bit. The biggest problem I noticed was that you sometimes used the same word too close together. Remember to look for synonyms.
EDIT: Now I'm to Chapter Four. The overuse of words is still there a little bit, but not too bad. You also tend to mix-up your use of semi-colons, colons, and commas. Check out the uses for those again. I'm really not too good with them, so I don't want to try to explain them to you and have something be wrong, otherwise I would.
The final thing is that Skye seems to become too good of friends with Aaron too quickly. Would you really say "Aaron... whatever might happen to us, remember that I will always be there for you, no matter the cost." when you haven't even known them for a whole day? It seems to me that it would take longer to get to know that person better, even if they were in my dreams. Just remember to keep things realistic.
Your description is very good. :) I like how you describe the houses and dragons especially. Keep it up in your future writing.
I'm still very much liking this. I'll have to make sure I read the whole series.

16-Feb-2008 04:52:22 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2008 05:56:08 by Chuk

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

Posts: 10,061 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chuk- You're curiousities on that scene aren't unfounded- At this very moment, I'm working on bumping that up in the story (I'm moving it to after the battle, after Aaron saved his life- Makes more sense to have it there)
EDIT: Surdaus- Sir-Doss (Rhymes with boss, loss, moss)

16-Feb-2008 06:39:33 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2008 06:51:01 by xxDkreignxx

The contents of this message have been hidden.

16-Feb-2008 22:08:49

Smok Taunter

Smok Taunter

Posts: 58,110 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I finnaly started reading and so far it's pretty good. The chapters are a bit short though. I also found one little mistake(s). There small ones though. Not anything major.

"tablet in a ;arge room"
Change the ';' to an 'l'.
"I was breathing heavily: The even had triggered something in my memories..."
Is it me or does 'The' not sound right in this sentence? 'They' could work maybe.
"...can't breathe fir yet..."
Forgot the 'e' in fire.
"...either side of the it..."
It could either ben "...either side of it..." or "...either side of the sink..."
"The Heart of Emerald gave gave off..."
Only one gave.

18-Feb-2008 15:19:01 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2008 16:19:58 by Smok Taunter

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065 Back to Top