Forums

Dragons of Surdaus

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065

Dragon7350

Dragon7350

Posts: 2,078 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bump. This may be the last bump my friends to maybe the 1 or 2 people that somehow stumble upon this. I don't think anyone will now that it's been hidden.
God, this brings back memories. This story has...so much meaning to me. It is a marker for one of the greatest moments in my life...living in Canada after my Mom pulled me there. Regardless of any turmoil that was there, I happened to be playing RuneScape at the time. Then, I stumbled upon the forums and the stories.
Then I stumbled on this.
I'd always loved dragons. Damn near too much. I read your story and, from the best I remember, fell in love. It was heartfelt and, well, it grabbed my emotions.
The story made me weep, and it called me for something greater in life.
Great. Writer's block. I remember it so well too! Reminds me of the time you and I roleplayed on another thread.
You pushed me to write more by the way.
I know I'm gushing like a big fan. I am. Parting is such sweet sorrow. This is the end!
So back to the point: you inspired me. And now here I sit taking a screenwriting class about ready to write. I guess that's what brought me back here. This is where I saw the magic of storytelling.
I know this is so corny. Reading back, it looks like you made this a mechanical endeavor...a simple writing of words in a correct order for the betterment of your own writing. But that's not how I saw it, and how I see it even now.
To me, it's a marker of simpler times. Of cliché. Fantasy, elementals, the chosen one taking on the hero's blessing/curse.
To me, it is a writer I'd never really met.
To me, it is a mirror into my soul. Who I am.

And now, without further ado, I'm going to leave this here until it dies, the forums die, RuneScape dies, or even the way the internet works dies. Goodbye, old friend. I'll carry you on in my heart.

183 characters left.

There once was simpler times
in life was grand
canyons of virtue slung
by the seashore

twirling round
the echoes of a paper plane

It dies at last
carry it now

04-Sep-2019 02:23:13 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2019 03:25:31 by Dragon7350

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065 Back to Top