Forums

Dragons of Surdaus

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065

[#42J4VY9ZL]

[#42J4VY9ZL]

Posts: 20,624 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spelling- 10 Points.
•Your spelling was, for the most part, spotless except for three or four errors I found in your story. Now, you assured me that you checked over four thousand times or so, so I do not have any qualms docking these off.
POINTS- 6/10 POINTS.
Grammar- /10 Points.
•Your grammar, on the other hand, was atrocious and irritated me, not because it was obvious, but because *I* did*’t know it either. The colons were either used incorrectly, as W*kipedia states, or you used it for another purpose that I have no knowledge of. However, I am docking them off, especially the colons, until you can prove to me with a valid article that you used the colons right.
POINTS- -3/10 POINTS.
Plot- 15 Points.
•Your plot was interesting, and you semi-achieved the effect you were trying to write. Writing of dragons on the Runescape Forum is rare, seeing as how you and Geo the Arch are the only people that I know that have a fervent interest in them, but seeing as how you overdid the plot with a prophecy, which is beyond corny nowadays, it sort of ruined the atmosphere. The prophecy of an Emerald Dragon could have been quite spectacular, but that would have been really difficult to do in my eyes. So, overall, it was an okay writing piece.
POINTS- 10/15 POINTS.
Characters- 10 Points.
•This is the part where I had more trouble with, maybe even more than your grammar. For the most part, your story only took up four to five pages, which doesn’t really have the length required to have realistic characters growing as they progress through your writing. However, it *is* still long enough to have some sort of growth of characters, and that I saw little. Skipping through Aaron’s years deletes a lot of fundamental character traits that he could have gained as he learned being a dragon. This is probably the category where you did the worst, in my opinion.
POINTS- 5/10 POINTS.

24-Apr-2008 02:26:03

[#42J4VY9ZL]

[#42J4VY9ZL]

Posts: 20,624 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Overall- 21/45.
Truth to be told, your story lacked the sort of excitement I was expecting for from you. It was riddled with grammar mistakes that were small to notice but extremely hard to decipher, and the characters just did not reach out for me. Your plot was your strongest point, but even with that it was mediocre. I hope that you will improve on the mistakes that I’ve listed out for you, and work on your characters more. Trying to be in their position would have helped greatly. I know that if I was a dragon, I would not have dealt with the situation like Aaron did lightly.
I hope you’ll work on your story more, Arthas, and I hope it’ll improve along the way.

24-Apr-2008 02:26:10

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065 Back to Top