Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie was ready to go whenever they are ready to go. She asked in a calm voice as she stood up,
“so, when are we going?”
She wanted them to trust her but she was scared to tell them her secret.
-Dances-

06-Apr-2019 02:00:04 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 02:01:13 by Annie1227

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel nodded at Two-Two and Annie. “ We will leave. We just have one more person to get a yes or not from.” Aranel looked to Aureus. “You never answered me before the war. Can I trust you?” She moved to stand with her group who had said yes, and briefly wondered why Garreth declined. She still didn’t trust him fully, something seemed off, like she had met him before under a different name.
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 02:09:51 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 03:36:43 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie nodded and weakly starting to get ready to leave with the group. She felt safe with Aranel around.She was surprised that her new group didn’t realized she was half human and half elf. She was scared to tell them her secret. -Dances-

06-Apr-2019 02:19:21

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRx2QJU1fL8

Name: Mercadier
Race: Human

Appearance (Photo if Available): 6’8’’, approx. 300 lbs, clean-shaven, hazel eyes

Skills: martial arts, Strength, Defence, Attack, commander, disabler

Weaponry/Armor/Notable Accessories: helm, cuirass, pauldrons, arm harness, greaves, sabatons, poleaxe, dagger

History: Mercadier had an interesting life. He was first part of an obscure order of knights referred to as Lawbringers, who originated in a faraway land. When he arrived to Gielinor, he became a mercenary captain and had many adventures with his men. He fought many battles, from elves to ogres, gnomes to mountain trolls, Chaos Dwarves to psycho adventurers in the Wilderness. He also crossed paths multiple times with the fabled Black Prior, Vortiger, and the Temple Knights, but their rivalry remains unsettled. It is possible Aranel had once been a mercenary under his command, but he was a harsh, merciless leader. He would never forget any disloyalty or desertion from anyone...

Mercadier would eventually join the Kinshra (suitably so, seeing as he already had a rivalry against the Temple Knights and subsequently the White Knights), but had a reputation for following his own ambitions yet combining it with the Kinshra code of honor. It was unlikely Captain Darcius became fond of him, yet Mercadier always seemed to get around issues with loyalty or codes of honor. Nevertheless, some Black Knights and Dark Warriors respected Mercadier’s stubborn willpower and followed his footsteps, and joined him in numerous raids into the Wilderness.

Although his equipment was of highest quality, it undergone much damage, and he needed a new armour and poleaxe. The blackened adamantium metal is based on the design of the Lawbringers, but of Gielinorian make, worn over mail and padding. It is possible that the smith who made Mercadier’s suit and poleaxe was also Gareth’s master.

06-Apr-2019 02:30:02 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 05:06:50 by Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gradually, Mercadier’s self-centered ambitions became clear, and although he did not officially leave the Black Knights (Captain Darcius may have demanded Mercadier’s expulsion), he and a number of Black Knights with him ended up travelling far and wide. They eventually stumbled upon and joined Khazard’s forces (hence the skull on his breastplate and visor), attempting to merge Khazard’s forces with the Black Knights and their Dark Warrior allies, but why exactly isn’t known. It was not long until Khazard ranked Mercadier as Khazard Commander, but he was wary of Mercadier’s lack of loyalty to the Kinshra.

Eventually, severe disagreements and irreconcilable differences with General Khazard resulted in a mass fracture. Some of Khazard’s own men defected and joined Mercadier and his Kinshra companions. This resulted in a heavy slaughter for both sides, neither of which could honestly claim victory. In the end, Khazard and his loyalists defended their buildings, while Mercadier, Kinshra, Dark Warriors, and Khazard rebels took control of the docks before the gnome army counterattacked.

Upset of his inability to bring General Khazard to justice, Mercadier took his remaining forces, commandeered some warships, and sailed to Asgarnia. Upon arrival, he supplemented his forces by additional mercenaries and old friends. He knows Sir Amik is deserving of punishment, but Mercadier’s harsh justice was never limited to just enemy leaders. How the rest of the Kinsha will react to his long absence is anyone’s guess. Perhaps a spy was sent after him?

Other: Mercadier’s immense height and size means he actually runs fast despite heavy armour, but his stamina won’t last too long. Although he at times is blinded by his sense of justice and self-righteousness, he may still change his mind and is open to compromises, given enough time.

How Mercadier kills foes,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMhbVpnExo

06-Apr-2019 02:30:29 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 02:41:07 by Azi Demonica

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Captain Darcius

"Lord Daquarius!" Darcius spoke into a crystal.

"What is it?" came the voice of the Lord of the Kinshra, sounding far away. The magical communication devices employed by the Black Knights were not quite at the same level as the ones used by the White. After all, they had spent the past seven years in caves, fortresses, and dungeons. They did not have the support of an entire city.

However, these days it seemed like it was only the city. Asgarnia was fragmented. Burthorpe stood alone against the trolls, and the Imperial Guard was the only thing standing between the White Knights and the true heir to Asgarnia's throne. The Druids in Taverly did nothing but pray to their sleeping god and brew potions. Goblins had set up an establishment in the north, there were barbarians in the east, dark wizards and necromancers roamed the woods. Only Rimmington and Port Sarim seemed to be under any semblance of control.

And the White Knights were to blame for this fracture. While no Zamorakian could fault them for being ambitious, their carelessness was the reason Asgarnia fell to this state. They had not consolidated their power beyond Falador, and that would be their undoing.

"Not too long ago we received reports that a large host of barbarians was on its way to Falador," Darcius explained.

"So? They will be slaughtered, if they haven't been already," Daquarius answered.

"They will," Darcius agreed. "And the dwarves have sent reinforcements to Falador."

"And?"

"Their outpost is missing most of its fighters. If we strike now, we can take it," Darcius replied.

Daquarius sighed. "Why are you so eager to kill my men, Darcius?"
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

06-Apr-2019 04:45:20 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 04:46:08 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Lord Daquarius had a reputation for ruthlessness. He was rumored to have boiled a witch alive in her own cauldron for bringing disaster upon the Kinshra Order. Yet, it was also well known that he cared deeply for his men, and did not wish to needlessly throw their lives away. "We can take it," Darcius insisted, "with minimal losses."

"Falador will not stand for that. The White Knights will respond. The dwarves that came to reinforce them will, as well."

"They will," Darcius agreed once again. "But they will be weakened by the Barbarian attack. And if we collapse the mines they will have to climb the mountain to get to us. It will be an uphill battle for them. We will drive them back, and even if we don't we will kill far more of them than they will of us."

"To what end? We need our men far more than they need theirs," Daquarius countered. "We are not Bandosians. The death we cause must serve a purpose."

"It will!" Darcius insisted. "Sir Amik Varze will need to dispatch most of his army if he is to retake the outpost. He has to, or else he will look weak to his people and the dwarves will feel betrayed. He will send his men north and they will bleed. Meanwhile, most of our force is south with you, beneath Taverly..."

"And we will be free to ravage Southern Asgarnia, in any way we wish." Daquarius concluded.

"Or strike Falador itself."

"And die."

"We have someone on the inside. He can-"

"Gareth is one man," Daquarius cut him off. "For all his skills, he cannot take a gatehouse by himself, or singlehandedly clear a wall of archers. His information is useful, but I still think he would be of just as much use here, making us weapons."

"We have been exiled from Falador for seven years," Darcius pointed out. "We aren't getting stronger. If we don't take Falador before we die we will be replaced. And the new blood-"

06-Apr-2019 04:45:34 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 04:46:46 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

"I am fully aware of the state of our newest recruits," Daquarius snapped. "Criminals, outlaws, exiles, thieves, bandits, men who can't show their faces anywhere else, or only wish to spill blood."

"Which is why we need to-"

"Do you forget that we have tried to take Falador before?" Daquarius cut him off. "Each time we failed. My fool of a predecessor lost his hands before those very walls," he sighed. "If we could retake Falador, we would have done so already. I expected you of all people to know better."

"Each time we attacked Falador, we were the attackers, and the White Knights were defending themselves at full strength," Darcius argued. "But if we lure most of them to fight a battle they cannot win, Falador will be left at a fraction of its power. If you lead an army in from the west, through that breach we were told about, you can take the city and fortify it against the White Knight survivors from the north. This time they will be the ones who fight and die against Falador's walls. My own men can strike them in the rear, and finish them off."

"That might work," Daquarius conceded.

"We might die," Darcius acknowledged, "but we are Zamorakians. It is time to stop lying in dark corners where we will only grow old. We meet our fate with sword in hand, and by the will of Zamorak, we will retake our home."

There was silence for a long time. And then, finally, Daquarius spoke, his voice a low crackle through the crystal. "Get it done."

06-Apr-2019 04:45:56 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 04:47:23 by NotFishing

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel threatened to shoot the white knights with her bow, and Garrett helped her to stop the little girl with magic Annie from being taken away by Sir Amik. Sir Amik was furious. You can see anger in his blood shot eyes. He wanted to kill all those who defied him, but seeing as they just defended the city for him and everyone else was looking at him, he had to compromise.
Fine, suit yourself. Blacksmith, you can join me in my chamber tomorrow at sunrise.
And left the makeshift infirmary.

Aureus was shocked at Aranel's defiance. Sir Amik will not take kindly to this, no leaders would. Aureus then answered her,
Yes, you haven't heard me just now because the barbarians were already at the gate. You can trust me, and I will trust you too. I will not let Sir Amik lay his hands on you or your bow. Too much power corrupts a person.

He then checked Two-two out. She was injured but she will be fine, so he breathed a sigh of relief. Aureus then introduced himself to all the new friends,
Hi Garrett. Pleasure to meet you. Thanks for helping Aranel and Falador. I'm Aureus, gold trader and miner in Falador. Grew up here.

He turned to the blacksmith,
Gareth right? I might have seen you somewhere. But we haven't formally spoke. I know your late master, he was a great blacksmith. I suppose
you run the forge now? You can choose to join Sir Amik. He'd need you.

((If we end up leaving Falador, you may powerplay against him as you wish, he's just a non playable character so no worries.))

Finally he looked at Annie and introduced himself, before patting her on the head and said,
Follow Aranel, she will keep you safe, I've seen how she cared for people and animals.

Then the group decided to leave Falador. Gareth suggested through the broken walls on the west, and Garett suggested south, towards Port Sarim. Aureus had another idea,
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

06-Apr-2019 08:17:05 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 19:49:56 by Hell Wizard

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aureus came out of the makeshift infirmary after Sir Amik and his white knights left. He waved to Captain Hovrec Brewborn of the dwarves and acknowledged them,
Thank you so much for helping Falador.
Beside the captain there stood another dwarf, in which the captain introduced him as Joric Ironist, a travelling dwarf. Aureus reached out and tried to shake his hands like gentleman, and said,
Thank you Joric, do stay here a little while longer, there will surely be another fight coming soon, it won't be finished so soon, we need all the help we can get.

He then turned towards the group still sitting in the infirmary.

Gareth suggested us to leave from the west but he wouldn't follow. I don't like the feeling. He may be right, or just helping, but I am not keen on heading west, there is nothing there other than some druids, though we may be able to seek asylum with Prince Anlaf of Burthope if we head north from there.

But I can't leave Asgarnia just like this. Everything I have is here. I have got to go home to pack at least.

Aranel and Garrett, take Annie and Two-Two to somewhere safe. I won't be going west with you all if that's the decision, my home is in South Falador. If we have decided to go south then we can stop by the house and then may be I'll come along.

Anyhow, now that you all have angered Sir Amik, we will surely have to leave Falador, only thing is where to. What do you all think?
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

06-Apr-2019 08:28:10 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 08:35:05 by Hell Wizard

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top