Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel looked to Aureus waiting on his reply. He said that if they followed the path Gareth suggested that he would refuse to join and leave.
"As I said before Aureus, I am not afraid of Sir Amik. If he knew who I was, He wouldn't touch me, but, it is still not time for that to be revealed yet."
Aranel helped Annie gather her things.

"Annie, I can help you with your magic a little, but at this point you are far to new to it. I agree with Garrett, we should head south to the Wizards Tower. Sir Amik would not leave the city to go after us, and with this battle he has lost a lot of his knights. He is weak. I wouldn't be surprised if Burthrope or the Black Knights decide to attack in the weakness."
She moved to the wall and looked through the boards. The sun was slowly beginning to rise.
" We have to move. Sir Amik will be back soon. He wouldn't let us get away easily."
She turned back to the group.
"Going south through Draynor to the wizards tower will allow Aureus to stop by his home. Its a win for everyone involved."

Aranel turned to Gareth.
"Thank you for your help out there, but we will not be taking your way out of the city. Sir Amik will come for you when he realizes we are gone, But something tells me you can hold your own."
Aranel turned to her small, but ever growing, group.
"Shall we depart? Does everyone have what they need?"
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 12:52:14 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:37:08 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie responded with a smile,
Sounds good to. I am ready to learn. I am ready to go. ”
she felt very excited but nervous at the same time for this new adventure. She has to trust her new friends to keep her safe.
-Dances-

06-Apr-2019 13:51:16

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gareth

"As you command, my lord," Gareth said with another bow and a smile. Part of him was uncertain. Why was Sir Amik taking such an interest in him, a mere blacksmith? Sure, he had killed the barbarian, but that was toward the end of the fight, and he had stabbed the brute in the back to do so. Did he recognize him?

No. It was impossible. Sir Amik had never taken the time to converse with him back when he worked in the castle. He had, after all, been a blacksmith for the Kinshra, and was thus ostracized by all who wore white. There was no way Sir Amik could remember him, even if he hadn't changed his appearance. Unless... had the Temple Knights somehow figured him out?

The thought filled him with a pang of dread. While the King was a puppet to the White Knights, the White Knights were puppets to the Temple Knights. It was the Temple Knights who truly pulled the strings.

He could flee now - report the happenings to the Kinshra, resume his duties as their blacksmith. It would be the safest course, yet it would mean abandoning everything he had spent the past few years working toward.

Then he tried to banish his doubts. The Temple Knights couldn't have known. How could they? He had been careful. His letters had been coded, phrased to sound as casual as possible - an update on his business, the latest gossip, some questions on how his supposed 'family' was doing, and so on. If one knew where to look it contained vital information, of course, but there was no way the Temple Knights could have known, even if they did suspect him enough to intercept his letters.

He nodded his head to Aranel, not offended that she didn't choose his way. In truth he didn't care which route she took - it didn't matter, for she was of no importance to him.

Then he left the building, and sighed.

What would he do?
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

06-Apr-2019 15:27:14 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 15:57:27 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Joric Ironfist

With a grin, Joric accepted the handshake with a crushing grip and refused to let go for a full half-minute. "Sorry lad," he said afterward, "but I can't stay. I need to 'ead to Draynor. Got a bone to pick with Diango. You could say he's been... horsing around."

06-Apr-2019 15:32:41 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 15:56:15 by NotFishing

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel watched as Gareth contemplated something after Sir Amik left. It seemed that he was interested in Sir Amik's proposal She said nothing to warn him of Sir Amik however and watched as he walked out of the building. He refused to leave the city, would he join Sir Amik? She hadn't told anyone yet but she is determined to bring Sir Amik down. She would not let him do to this city what he did to hers. If only she could trust this group with who she really is, but its not time for that yet. Aranel was about to walk out after him to warn of Sir Amik but changed her mind, remaining inside the building waiting for the rest of her ragtag group to collect their stuff so they could go to the wizards tower.
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 17:34:04 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:38:32 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Annie was very grateful that Aranel to help her learned her magic until they get to the the wizards tower. She got her stuff and ready to go. She asked in a nervous voice,
How will the wizards teach me to control my magic?”
-Dances-

06-Apr-2019 17:50:19 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 17:51:11 by Annie1227

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel looked towards Annie as she spoke.
"Your powers are based in the elements. Very different from my magic. Your powers are based in your emotions as well, fear probably triggered it. They will help you learn about the element, and teach you to control your emotions."

Aranel created a ball in her hand again with her magic.
"Control your emotions and you will be surprised at what you can do.
" It shimmered slightly, visible only to those with magic. She hardened the ball and threw it at the wall of the building. It broke through the planks, creating a perfect round hole where it went through. The sound of the impact caused injured white knights and the healers to jump and take cover. Aranel felt very sheepish and apologized, calming down the people in the building.

Aranel looked towards Garrett.
"Im curious what magic you possess."
She walked over to him and smiled behind her face cloth, detectable by the crinkle of her eyes.
"Where is your power based, I wonder?"
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 17:57:57 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 18:41:25 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Annie nodded to calm and tried to control her emotions like Aranel told her to do. She said with a smile,
”That make sense. I know I have fire but, I don’t known what other powers I have. What powers do you have?”
-Dances-

06-Apr-2019 18:31:15

NotFishing

NotFishing

Meanwhile, in the North...

The bulk of the dwarven guards had been sent south in order to reinforce Falador, and as a result, the Dwarven Mine at Ice Mountain suddenly felt far less secure. But the digging had to continue, the ore had to keep flowing, and those who remained had to continue going about their daily business.

That business included the regular testing of the outpost's cannon, to ensure that it would still fire in an emergency. It was a simple process of loading the weapon up with powder but no shot, and then firing it. Even though there was only one, the presence of the weapon alone had always been enough to deter goblins, brigands, and barbarians.

"Alright, let's see if this thing still works," one of the three Dwarven engineers commented, and then lit the fuse. The action was immediately followed by a sudden flash and a deafening boom. "Looks like it-"

He didn't get to finish, because there was a crossbow bolt in his throat.

The dwarf's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. A hand reached up to clutch the shaft, before he fell to the ground. The other dwarves were astonished.

And then the Black Knights emerged from the woods.

"We're under attack!" one of the dwarves shouted, and the outpost was thrown into a panic. The Black Guard who still remained drew their weapons, and desperately attempted to form a defensive line at the entrance. A few dwarven miners and smiths even raised pickaxes, shovels, and hammers to join the defense.

It was not enough. The Black Knight Elite led the charge, with Captain Darcius at the forefront, runite greatsword shining in the sun. They met the dwarven line head on, and for a time the dwarves stood strong. Black knights began to fall, their legs taken out by hammers and battleaxes. It almost looked as if the defenders stood a chance.

(continued)

06-Apr-2019 18:43:03

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel looked toward Annie at her question.
"Light. My power is light. I can manipulate light and have it do whatever I want. I can push light away and create darker shadows, I can pull it together and harden it, creating a physical object."
Aranel waved her hand to the hole in the wall.
"or like the field I create around myself for protection. The waves of Magic earlier, its just condensed waves of light, but they get weaker as they get away from me and act more like super strong gusts of wind."
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 18:46:18 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 18:47:36 by Riniya

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top