Forums

In The Wake Of The Autumn Star

Quick find code: 49-50-818-66164821

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The raucous laughter settled into a more subdued chuckle after Booker caught the captain's ire, activating the comm-link built into his chair to reply little more than a couple seconds later.

" Try me cap'n, you know I'll go a round wit' you anyday! " He joyfully exclaimed, eyes browsing over the numerous screens active around him to watch the antics of the crew. Naturally he'd avoided switching off the gravity in places where it'd cause a genuine ship issue, like the engine room or armory. He was bored, not malicious.

His head turned, glancing over his shoulder at the sudden emergence of the resident crew ninja without much reaction - he too having grown used to Kat's habit of creeping up on people, particularly him. He flashed her his boisterous grin, his chair swiveling to face her as an arm extended to the screens showing the shenanigans he'd unleashed.

" It's all this waitin' Kit-Kat! Can't have a man at the helm of this beaut of a ship an' expect him to keep her stayin' put! " He said, sparing a glance at the screen where the captain was gradually pulling her way towards the cockpit - briefly getting a glimpse of that shapely posterior. She wasn't far now, he'd probably have to put an end to the fun soon. His gaze returned to Kat with a wink. " That said, it went and got the attention of my two favourite ladies - now how's that fer' instant entertainment? "
I am Inferi.

10-Jun-2020 19:53:16

Taleisin
Apr Member 2016

Taleisin

Posts: 14,672 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The progress is slow, but all this does is cause more frustration for Jaden - who carefully collects all of that frustration to fuel her anger. Inch by inch, bit by tiny bit, she pulls herself along, through the next door until she reaches the hallway that leads directly to the cockpit.

"Maybe I should just shoot him," she muses to herself through gritted teeth, until she reaches the closed doors. Slamming her hand over the door release, she drops down onto the floor in the cockpit. She straightens up, and strides straight towards the unfortunate but grinning Booker. In one swift movement, she draws up her fist and aims a right hook to the side of his head.
Everyone has the potential to be an asshat in a flower crown.

10-Jun-2020 20:07:25

George Rozas

George Rozas

Lo and behold the captain arrived right on schedule! The look in those icy eyes was not an unfamiliar one to the pilot, and as Jaden straightened out Booker rose up from his chair in time to lift his arm and block the hook aimed for his face. His feet twitched into a stance, fingers curled into fists as his grin widened.

" Good to see ya' too cap'n! " He exclaimed, sending a couple of right jabs her way in retaliation as he shifted to not have his back to the chair. " Round number 47 it is! "
I am Inferi.

10-Jun-2020 20:21:04 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2020 20:22:46 by George Rozas

Bluefirecan
Mar Member 2023

Bluefirecan

Posts: 3,493 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kat pondered Booker's words for only a moment before the Captain burst into the room. She was obviously less than pleased, and almost immediately went to swing at Booker's face. He, of course, retaliated and went to jab at her, which was a surprisingly common occurrence in the cockpit. Kat had witnessed more than a few brawls break out, though she mostly managed to keep out of them herself.

"Right, well, good luck with that! I think I hear... Someone... Calling me to help with food..." Kat called, hitting the button to reactivate the gravity before moving toward the door. The last thing she wanted was for the Captain to swivel around and assume the girl had encouraged Booker's antics.
I just play FFXIV at this point. DC: Crystal

10-Jun-2020 20:34:10

Taleisin
Apr Member 2016

Taleisin

Jaden growls quietly as her first strike is blocked. She sways back to avoid the first jab, but the second catches her lightly on the jaw. She retaliates by dropping down, and stepping forward to rise almost diagonally - bringing up her left fist to try and slam it into his solar plexus, and using her own momentum to put strength into her blow.

"Make sure my food is hot by the time it gets to me this time!" She calls after Kat's retreating back, never shifting her eyes from Booker's movements.

10-Jun-2020 20:38:19

George Rozas

George Rozas

Kat's departure brought momentary distraction to the pilot, Booker's eyes instinctively gliding over the ass retreating back out of the cockpit with his inner monologue of 'nice' claiming his thoughts. Therefore he didn't quite manage to avoid the captain's strike in time, his movements just a moment too slow - but he did avoid taking it full on to the solar plexus, managing to adjust his body slightly for a less vulnerable place. That didn't stop it from hurting though.

Booker let out a sharp grunt at the impact, but stayed standing albeit in a slightly more doubled over state - more through his experience and tenacity than anything else. Still, he staggered back a step from the impact - except it was a feint! An underslung left fist coming in at Jaden's side that would punt her into the path of a right straight should it hit!
I am Inferi.

10-Jun-2020 20:48:17

Taleisin
Apr Member 2016

Taleisin

Jaden shifts to her left, only to come into contact with Booker's right fist. She stumbles back, before drawing her pistol and leveling it to aim at him. Her finger curls over the trigger, and pulls - firing a shot. Instead of hitting Booker in the face, it narrowly misses his ear to hit the wall. It was never intended to hit him, only to distract him enough for her to step in and aim a sharp kick just below his knee and - if successful - slam her hand over his throat and shove him off balance.

10-Jun-2020 20:59:01

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Dylan Riley
Race: Human

Appearance: Dylan stands at 6'7", with light blond hair and dark green eyes. He has a light, slightly pale skin tone, a lean athletic figure, and slightly angular features.

Normal clothing: Dylan's normal attire consists of a dark green shirt, with a pair of dark blue jeans and dark brown combat boots. Whilst cooking, he wears an apron. He also almost always has a holster on him.

Armour: Dylan prefers armour that is as protective as possible, without impeding his mobility. Thus, while his vitals and limbs are well-protected, the weakest areas are in his joints. The armour itself can be environmentally sealed. Its colours are green and grey, with a black visor.

Equipment: Dylan carries a viroblade, a blaster pistol, a stun gun, and a wrist computer.

Skills: Swordsmanship, Pistols, Cooking.

Job: The Chef.

Short history: Dylan was once a chef, and a good one at that, but after losing his job due to workplace drama he decided to join the military. He proved to be an effective soldier.

When war broke out, he wound up on the Autumn Star due to sheer chance. The ship he was stationed on was docked in a space station, undergoing repairs. The space station was then attacked, and had to be evacuated, but the ship was in no condition to fly. So the crew was dispersed among the other ships, and Dylan wound up on the Autumn Star. He ended up accompanying them on their mission, and stayed with them afterward.

Since then, he had served on the autumn star has been both cooking and security. He prepares meals for the crew, and serves as a bodyguard for the Captain during some of their shadier dealings.

Other: Sparkly Dice.

Dylan Riley | 28 | Male | Human | NotFishing
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

10-Jun-2020 20:59:13

George Rozas

George Rozas

" Whoa cap'n! " Came Booker's cry of surprise as Jaden leveled her pistol at him, the pilot freezing in place only for her to fire past his ear. Now that caught him off-guard, as did the kick to his leg and attempt at bringing him to the ground. The captain succeeded, the man was falling back - but that didn't mean he was fully out. His leg jerked, sweeping Jaden's legs in retaliation as he slammed his back to the ground and let out a rough gasp as air got forced from his lungs. I am Inferi.

10-Jun-2020 21:10:20

Quick find code: 49-50-818-66164821 Back to Top