Forums

The Heart of Darkness

Quick find code: 49-50-730-64090394

Dredigan

Dredigan

Posts: 1,549 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys, thanks for clicking. I know the title is less than original, in fact it's been used by several other authors before. I'm trying to think of a better title and if I can then I'll ask a mod to change it.
I'm gonna start the story on page 2 so you can go there if you wanna get to reading.
So the first thing I wrote on this forum was a standalone short story called 'The fall of Ysmora'. However over time I decided to add a sequel, and from there I knew I had to add a final third chapter. Yet the third chapter was never finished and I thought "Well one day maybe I'll get back to it". I went on for a few months and kept trying to write but I couldn't because this story was stuck in the back of my head and I couldn't get it out. So *ow I'm going to do this trilogy the justice that it deserves and re-vamp it, all three chapters will be re-written and put on this thread.
The general concept will be the same, however I will be changing some things around and a few different events may happen but if you've read the other stories then you pretty much know everything that happens up until the middle of the third one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Synopsis~
I'm not writing a synopsis for this because it will make it look cheesy. Just know that it's in a place called the Mountain Kingdoms to the north of a place called The Mainland.
Also note the proper names of these continents: The mountain kingdoms proper name is Norgard, the Mainland's proper name is Sothgard. The forbidden lands to the east of the mountain kingdoms is known as Esgurd, and the two island nations to the west which likely won't even be relevant or even mentioned in this story but may have their own one day are Wesfurd and Wintergard.

14-Nov-2012 16:14:08 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2012 19:44:12 by Dredigan

Dredigan

Dredigan

=======================The Mountain Kindoms=======================
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Frost/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. /\/\/\ . . . . . . . . . . /\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/. .() . /\/\/\/\/\/\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
/\/\/\.() Ysmora . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Govani. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
/\/\/\/\/\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .lllllllllllllllllllllll. . . . . . . . Lake Lorik.
. /\/\/\/\/\/\ . . . . . . . . llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . . .~~~~
/\/\/\/\/\/\ . . . . . . . . lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllollllllllllllllll. Holt o ~~~~ . /\/\/\/\. . . . o Devon . . . . . . . lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. .~~~~
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ ./\/\/\ . .lllllllllllllllllllllllll The Lorik Forest llllllllllllllllllllllllllollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.~~
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\./\/\/\. . . . llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllolllllllllllll. . . . . . . . . .
. . . /\/\/\/\/\/\. . . . . . . . . . . . .llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllolllllllll. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\. () Peldehall. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .~~~~~~ . (). . . . . . . .
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Survet River . . ~~~~ Survet ~~
===============================================================
South to the Mainland

I hope everybody can read this. To give an idea of the size of this, it will take about one month to get from Peldehall to Ysmora. Three months from Survet to Ysmora.

14-Nov-2012 16:14:55 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2012 03:35:35 by Dredigan

Dredigan

Dredigan

A note on Point of View (POV)
This story follows the point of view of several characters all over the continent. For this reason it's nearly impossible to make all of the chapters chronological. For instance, if one chapter starts during a storm and ends just after the storm is over, the next chapter may take place during the same storm just in a different place.

14-Nov-2012 16:37:31 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2012 15:17:44 by Dredigan

Dredigan

Dredigan

===============================================================
The nobles of the mountain kingdoms
------------------------------------
(This is as of the beginning of the story.)
House Silmi:
Lord: Wulvir Silmi
Heir: Wulvir Silmi II
Sigil: A white wolf's head on a plain grey field
Other family members: Lady Gwenna Silmi, Polve Silmi

House Worrick:
Lord: Vaylar Wo*rick
Heir: N/A
Sigil: A brown bear on its high-end legs on a plain white field
Other family members: Anais Worrick, Roseline Worrick, Catherine Worrick, Lady Ellan Worrick.

House Roham:
Lord: Luthor Roham
Heir: Aenis Roham
Sigil: A whitewashed sword on a red field
Other family members: Lady Reden Roham
House Valten:
Lord: Guyard Valten
Heir: Adam Valten
Sigil: N/A, the banner is divided in the middle with red on the left and blue on the right.
Other family members: Tolvar Valten (Lord in the mainland), Yorlede Valten, Clydas Valten
(They are vassals of house Roham)

14-Nov-2012 16:37:37 - Last edited on 17-Nov-2012 06:22:08 by Dredigan

Dredigan

Dredigan

Notes:
I know I told you all the names of the continents and so on and so forth but I need to give you a bit more depth now. Mostly about Norgard and Esgurd. Esgurd is attached to Norgard, obviously from the east, but what is not shown on the map is that just beyond the border is a mountain range so nobody can actually see into Esgurd without entering. Also, Esgurd extends down south to about a month's boat ride apart
The people of Sothgard believe the tales about the forsaken land beyond the mountains and therefore do not travel there. Needless to say there is no transportation or trading out of Esgurd and I will explain why in the story so I don't spoil the mystery here. That's all you really need to know.
Also I want people to realize that this is an alternate universe. Not everything that exists here will exist there and the other way around. In the story if I decide to have people mine steel out of lava pits then that is just where steel forms in this universe. If I decide that knights are really just useless nobles with no real training then that is what they will be. Everything I put in the story has planning behind it and it is completely intentional, so if you read something that is not true for our own world then it is simply because this is a fantasy story and that is how I wrote it. Thanks.

14-Nov-2012 16:37:42 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2013 23:10:02 by Dredigan

Quick find code: 49-50-730-64090394 Back to Top