Forums

× Runestuck (Interactive) ×

Quick find code: 49-50-722-64956995

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

Posts: 2,904 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
× Runestuck: The Interactive Narrative ×

A young man sits alone in his cave. At the center of the cave is a fire. Oddly, this fire sheds no smoke. Were it not for the blizzard raging outside the young man's home, we would surely assume the fire shed no actual warmth , either, and had been placed solely for decoration. Seeing the young man hunched over the fire like his life depends on it, though, I think one can assume it indeed does.

The young man himself is a massive, musclebound monster. He wears a patchwork suit of hides from various furred and scaled creatures, and his sizable mane of black hair defies an obviously great effort to keep his chin and upper lip bare. Quite a few nicks can be spotted, exposing that his effort has been made despite a lack of reflective surfaces.

Although it was over seventeen years ago that this young man entered his frigid world, it is only today he shall be given a name. Such is the custom in their world. As we appear to be the only ones around, perhaps the duty of name-giving must fall to us. Or, rather, to you. What shall his name be?

03-May-2013 18:26:12 - Last edited on 03-May-2013 18:27:40 by YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

Greetings, mine most excellent of comrades, and welcome to Runestuck: The Interactive Alternative.

The story is known to many. Jas creates Gielinor, the gods populate it. Zamorak defeats Zaros, Armadyl passes the torch on to Saradomin. It's a fine story, for sure. We here at
Y
u
'
B
i
u
s
k
I
n
k
o
r
p
o
r
a
t
e
d respect it for its many merits.

It has, however, been determined that it may not be the only tale to be told. Indeed, what would you say if I told you-- you have been lied to ? For millenia, indeed, you have labored under a false notion! What would you say then?

I expect you would say, simply, “Well, what really happened?” I intend to answer you. I will tell you--but I'll only tell you
m
y
w
a
y

With this modified Orb of Oculus, I will introduce you into a fascinating tale of deceit and tragedy, and you will drive it. When there is a period of uncertainty, you will be able to drive what happens by simply--

Narrator: Get on with it.

Yes, like that! With the color, and the command, and the...well, you've got it. Moving on. I'm sure you now have the obvious question preparing to rise within you to--

Narrator: Explain whether we are learning a story...or changing it.

That's a good question. A very good one.

Well, with no further ado, let us proceed!

03-May-2013 18:26:24 - Last edited on 03-May-2013 19:30:07 by YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

This is where I'm supposed to say, “With apologies to the great Andrew Hussie,” is it not? I would apologize, but I see very little need to. I didn't kill him.

PLAY GUIDE
In case you remain confused, allow me to explain in a way you will understand. You are playing a game. There are many roles which you will pass between in this game. When I say 'You are a mosquito,' you follow the mosquito's perspective.

I show you these characters, and you direct them as you please. No matter what I say, remember that you are in truth one character: The Reader. You are meant to follow the perspectives of others, but you must always be prepared to switch between.

If you are following the perspective of a mosquito and say,

Mosquito: Drain that cow.

A follow-up post will be provided of the mosquito reacting to your command. Note that these commands are not always followed--if the character would never do something, you cannot force his values to change.

CAST
Bandos - cloudlessWinter
TYPES IN ALL CAPS WITH EXCLAMATIONS! WHY WOULDN'T HE?!
Fights with Weaponkind.

Name Unknown - serratedCrystals
types quickly it is important to explain things without pausing for periods or commas

Name Unknown - beleagueredHerdsman
EnunCiates CarefullY, so EverYone Will be Sure to UnderStand.

Name Unknown - featherweightOrganism
speaks with very little emotion; never cares enough to properly end sentences;

Zamorak - shamelesslyWitty
Mocks the typing/speaking style of whoever he is speaking to.
Fights with Knifekind.

Zaros - handle unknown
tries to mnmze (minimize) wht she ss (says) rflxvly (reflexively). Somtms has to clrfy (clarify) wht she ss (says).
Fights with Cursekind.

03-May-2013 18:26:31 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2013 19:35:22 by YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

Your name is BANDOS, not that you care what others call you. They basically exist to serve you, after all, so why should it matter? You do enjoy being called MASTER, of course, but...

...well, to be honest, of the NINE WEAKLINGS you regularly have contact with, only one acts anything close to obedient. And you, NOT BEING AS STUPID AS PEOPLE SAY YOU ARE, are pretty sure that weakling is just mocking you.

Besides your MAGIC FIRE, your cave is filled with WEAPONS OF ALL KINDS. Everyone you know has a STRIFE SPECIBUS used to determine what weapons they know how to use. SWORDKIND. RIFLEKIND. KNIFEKIND.

You fight with WEAPONKIND. Nothing more specific than that. If people use it to kill other people, you can use it to kill even more people. You're Bandos. That's what you do. Not that you have anything nearby to kill. No people, anyways.

Oh, that reminds you. You also have a MAGIC BOX (which you're pretty sure isn't actually magic) that lets you communicate through INTERNET. That's how you communicate with the NINE WEAKLINGS. They're pathetic, but at least they're company.

Not that you get lonely up here. That would be a sign of WEAKNESS.

Other than the WEAPONS, the FIRE, the MAGIC BOX and the HOWLING OF THE EASTERN WIND, this part of the cave is empty. What do you do?

03-May-2013 18:31:02 - Last edited on 03-May-2013 19:46:09 by YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

The Level said :
Bandos: Search for an exit.

You look outside.

Snow swirls through mist. Scalding steam rises from the cracks separating your cave from the world beyond. The revenants of those slain by you float around aimlessly--pale ghosts of beasts both ordinary and horrendous.

It's a bunch of goddamn white.

These are the Pale Lands, your home. Poisonous gases from beneath, freezing snow from above, blinding mists from all around, and ghosts from all the monsters you regularly have to kill. Gods, but you hate everything about this awful--

Wait.

What is that?

A shape looms out of the white. The shape of something unimaginably large. A gray, spiky horror of exposed muscle and bone. It's bizarre. It's terrifying. It stares at you, golden eyes cold and wary.

Like the other ghosts, this beast is incorporeal, but something about it is...different. For one thing, it's a whole lot bigger.

04-May-2013 01:50:44 - Last edited on 04-May-2013 01:59:15 by YuBiusk Ink

Quick find code: 49-50-722-64956995 Back to Top