Forums

RS Story Contest - Survivor 2

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Snowbuster: Wow! This is a new Snowbuster. This is very well crafted and definitely a great use of the second person. (I feel like you’ve learned from Lebbeh.) It definitely questions who we are and how much resistance we have against the hands of society. Do we have free will? This is very deep, and the second person really makes the reader feel the emotions seeping out of this story. Fantastic! Although to be a critic, I must note one little mistake. The first time the words “But your resistance never conquers,” shows up, it is supposed to contradict what is being said beforehand, but it actually agrees, so the but should disappear the first time or what was written before it should be changed a bit. Other than that, this was a fantastic entry and I really enjoyed reading it and seeing your improvement!
Lebbeh: Woah… This questions our own senses. It is written very similarly to another story of yours and it definitely shows. The addition of the second person allows the reader to really get a sense of the loss of these senses. No other form of writing can get that across, so great job with your choice of writing. Just another amazing entry from you, Lebbeh. Again, I have trouble finding words to say.
RuneWolf12: As I said with Uppercut, if you’re going to make a mistake, please make sure it is not in the first sentence. You shouldn’t have an apostrophe in the its within your sentence. This is definitely an interesting entry regardless. The description is pretty good and it answers a very serious question: Should some people be sacrificed in order to save the rest? It’s also very sad that only one out of those twenty survived. This definitely tells a lot in such a short space. Great job.

11-Oct-2011 00:20:26

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The winner of this round… what a tough decision. So many good entries, but this decision has to be made somewhere. Snowbuster and Lebbeh both got me with their entries the most. Out of those two, the winner is…
Lebbeh!
We will consult in game about the extra reward as being the winner of this round. As for the voting round, there will be none. MickeyT, Reegena, and The Level have been eliminated due to lack of participation. As I was hoping for eight people for round three, a twist will be posted up shortly so one more person can be a part of this contest. Stay tuned.

11-Oct-2011 00:20:44

[#IBFOD3N0L]

[#IBFOD3N0L]

Posts: 768 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could I possible be allowed to participate if I enter the twist round then?
EDIT:
If so, is the round for all participants, or just those who have been eliminated or would like to join?

11-Oct-2011 00:44:46 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2011 00:45:44 by [#IBFOD3N0L]

Borna Coric

Borna Coric

Posts: 3,785 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is no voting round, Aeraie, so it is unnecessary.
On another note, I thank you very much -- this is a round I really wanted to win. I'll get in-game when I can, as I'll be around for the next six hours or so. Just log on when you can, and I can you see via the toolbar. Again, thank you. :)
Also, congratulations to everyone who participated in this round. It was perhaps my favourite challenge in any contest, and I'd like to make particular mention of Snow, both for his fantastic entry, and for helping me with philosophical questions to write about. It is awesome to see so many contestants writing in each round.

11-Oct-2011 05:49:23 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2011 06:10:24 by Borna Coric

Old Gnomish
Jul Member 2023

Old Gnomish

Posts: 2,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Congratulations, Lebbeh. You thoroughly deserved to win again. I appreciate your compliments, and you're welcome for the help regarding this round's theme. :)
It is good that there is no voting round, as everyone wrote superbly. I'm looking forward to the added competition the winner of this twist will bring. :)
Snow
| Runescape Stories Forum |
Guildmaster - The Novelists' Guild

11-Oct-2011 15:48:06

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305 Back to Top