_____###___________________________________
______#_______________Cena4592_____________
_________________________Bump_____________

03-Aug-2009 06:24:48

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-------------------------------------
The heat was nearly unbearable, even as it seared away the nighttime chill that hung over the forest. Flames leapt from house to house, a boiling inferno rushing throughout the city. Drakan stood alone atop the tall stone dome in the center of the city, watching the carnage unfold below.
A pair of his fellow Sons ascended to the perch with him. It was Malak, his lieutenant, and Kagroth, another powerful member of their ranks. Kagroth was chewing on something.
"These humans have an interesting taste," he growled before taking another bite of what appeared to be an upper leg.
Drakan did not answer. The fire that destroyed Dareeyak lit his face, reflecting eerily off his dark eyes.
"What's wrong?" Malak asked.
The leader scowled. "Our instructions were to lay seige to the city for a day," he replied. "And here it fell in about five hours. I'm waiting for new instructions."
Malak nodded in comprehension. Below them, the cries of people being chased down and slaughtered by the invaders and orders being shouted out by the small remainder of the army that was still alive but unable to fully defend the citizens.
"The palace has been completely infiltrated, then?" Drakan asked, passing the time.
"Yes, they fell barely an hour ago," Malak replied. "Ulrich is dead, I think it's his leg that Kagroth is chomping on."
"He had a lot of muscle for a politician," Kagroth replied with a mouth full of flesh.
"He also led the army," Drakan explained.
"He had a lot of interesting stuff in his palace, though. Aelius took a golden shield; it looked pretty valuable."
Drakan shook his head. "He's always taking treasures from battles. He's more than welcome, I'm not worried about such trivialties at the moment. Ah, here we go." At that moment, a tongue of black fire descended from the sky and rested beside his ear. A small whispering sound was heard, and then Drakan smiled.
"Let's go," he said. "We're going to Senntisten."

07-Aug-2009 06:01:46

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
----------------------------------------
Far from the destruction of Dareeyak, the desert sands were burning from their own catastrophe. A group of travelers walked the path toward Khaseph, ready to help the crumbling kingdom.
Akthanakos led the way, followed closely by Azzanadra. Fareed and Kamil formed the rear guard, watching for bandits or worse.
The sun was as bright and hot as any day in the arid desert. However, the atmosphere was heavy, as though a storm was just over the horizon, waiting to strike.
"What's that?" asked Azzanadra, spying two men waiting on the path ahead.
"I'm not sure," was Akthanakos's answer. "But they're wearing the Empire's symbol."
"That's Damis and Dessous," Fareed spoke up from the rear. "They were in the forests around the Lum, and General Zamorak instructed that they come and help us."
"This situation must be bad," Azzanadra remarked. "If I need all this protection."
Damis and Dessous joined their group, and they walked further into the desert territory. The day wore on, and soon they arrived at the city of Khaseph. It looked as it had long before, when Azzanadra left it, although there had been some recent fire damage in the palace area.
The envoy marched their way toward the gate, and there a short man met them. He was dressed in a mix of regal and warrior attire, medals gleaming on his chest.
"Yrota!" called Azzanadra, embracing his old friend. "How are you?"
"Worse than one would hope, in recent days," the dwarf-like old man replied. "But now, hopefully you can change this."
Azzanadra nodded. "That's what I'm here for. I'll meet with Queen Enakhra as soon as possible."
"Then you're going the wrong way. She's been run out of the Palace, said she didn't quite feel safe there."
"Where is she, then?"
"Up at Set's Pyramid."
"The Pyramid?"
"Yes. She said your meeting will take place there, on the apex."
Azzanadra scowled. "Very well. I can't see why, but I'll meet her at the Pyramid."

07-Aug-2009 06:21:58

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Woah woah... Damis, Dessous, Fareed and Kamil; Set's "pyramid"... Azzanadra's going down already?!
Enakhra and Adthankos too... though from the quest "Enakhra's Lament" Adthankos weren't supposed to be tricked and defeated by her until AFTER Zaros' gone from Gielinor - or at least after the Rebellion and Enakhra declared herself to be on Zamorak's side.
Still, great adds :D

09-Aug-2009 02:00:04

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top