Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-------------------------------------------------
The days began to creep by in the Palace of Zaros, as the Emperor started looking through the masses of his vassals, seeking one that was to betray him. Among his own Guard--not counting Akthanakos, who was away--there were the humans, Ruari, Viggora, and Mesta. Ruari had been loyal to Zaros's father, and the brothers also did not fit the profile. The Mahjarrat in his guard were Akthanakos and Spyridon. Akthanakos had gone to the desert, so he was out. Spyridon had never shown anything close to disloyalty; however, Zaros decided to keep an eye on him.
Then came the vast numbers of the army officers, under the direction of Zamorak. Beneath Zamorak were Sliske, Zemouregal, and Hazeel. Sliske was surely his, though the other two he did not know well. The next link in the chain of command was composed of a larger group: Thammaron, Damis, Kamil, Lucien, Fareed, and Dessous. The quickest way to determine which of these it could be was to ask someone that knew them: their commanding officer, General Zamorak.
The throne room was silent as the door creaked open and Zamorak slipped inside. The places for Esther and Azzanadra were vacant, leaving Zaros alone on the dais. His guards, Viggora and Mesta, were waiting outside on Zaros's orders, for he did not wish them to hear this conversation.
"You summoned me?" began Zamorak, falling to one knee before the throne.
"Please stand, my friend," was Zaros's response. The throne room was tense and cold, and it seemed to reflect the mood of the Palace in the present climate.
"What did you want?"
"Zamorak, Ihrba*ka recently came bearing some troubling news."
Zamorak stiffened, though Zaros didn't notice. "What did he have to say?"
"He told me that there is a traitor in the Palace."
The General frowned. "Wait. You suspect me?"
Zaros shook his head. "Of course not, my friend. I simply called you here so that you could speak clearly about the matter."

29-Jul-2009 21:58:38 - Last edited on 03-Aug-2009 19:39:01 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"What do you wish me to say?"
"You are in charge of my army," Zaros replied. "You know your officers better than I, and I suspect that one of them wishes to turn on me."
Zamorak's face darkened. "They do not confide everything to me, you know. I'm their commander, so I'm not usually considered that friendly."
"Just give me what you can."
Zamorak sighed. "Fareed and Kamil are trustworthy, that's why I sent them with Azzanadra. I would say Damis is as well. That is where the sure things end."
"And Sliske," added Zaros.
"Of course," replied Zamorak with a curt nod. "And since that is true, Zemouregal is as well. He is Sliske's best friend, so they would agree no doubt. I trust Lucien, for he has managed to keep the Sons of Raldeir from destroying Kharyll for months now. Dessous is very secretive, but that may or may not be a sign of rebellion. Thammaron is loyal. In short, the two I most suspect would be Dessous or Hazeel."
The Emperor nodded. "I see. But we have nothing concrete yet, so we cannot act."
"I will conduct a full investigation," Zamorak replied. "Whoever it is, he shall not remain hidden for long."
Zaros nodded, and Zamorak turned to leave. His footsteps on the marble floor resounded throughout the empty room, leaving Zaros to his thoughts. Finally, as Zamorak was nearly to the door, Zaros called, "Zamorak!"
Zamorak turned to face the Emperor. "Yes, My Lord?"
Zaros gave a soft smile. "Thank you."
Zamorak nodded, a grin on his lips as well, though it was not as hearty as Zaros's had been. The General turned back and left the room, the door closing behind him with a loud thud.
------------------------------------------
Zemouregal was waiting for Zamorak several corridors away, and the two began walking together. "Well?" asked Zemouregal.
"Exactly as we thought he would act," Zamorak replied, much to Zemouregal's pleasure.
"Then the plan is still intact..."
Zamorak did not respond, for both knew just how true that was.

29-Jul-2009 22:15:45 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2009 23:48:01 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I HAVE RETURNED!
Awesome dude! You are making Zaros look really gullible. What if Zammy frames one of his loyal dudes as a traitor then Zaros kills him. This puts Zaros at rest until Inakh*** or whatever his name is (I'm terrible at names) warns him once again. He is now racked with guilt and still has a traitor to deal with.

01-Aug-2009 22:00:04

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top