Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The dinner was served quickly. Zaros wasn't sure what to expect, for the Xinadi had no faces, so he didn't know how they could even eat. To his surprise, the Xinadi's food looked something like soup, but he couldn't identify any of the vegetables that were in it.
They did use spoons to eat it, and Zaros was surprised when they pressed the liquid against their solid faces. He was even more surprised when it began to mostly vanish, leaving a sort of white powder behind.
"Umm," Zaros said, not sure how to begin.
Sensing his query, Thega responded, 'My apologies, I should have explained. You see, when we are to eat, our faces become semi-permeable membranes that allow us to take in nutrients. We absorb what we need, and we dispose of the rest.' He wiped the powder from his face. 'It is an efficient method, but far different from that of regular Mahjarrat. The Green Lord had similar shock when first he arrived.'
"Can we eat this the regular way?" asked Sliske, getting some of it on his spoon.
'I don't see why not. It is the same as your food.'
They ate the strange Xinadi meal, and found that it was acceptable. In fact, it was better, Azzanadra remarked, than many of the meals he had eaten decades before in Thida. After dinner, Zaros, Azzanadra, and Sliske were led outside to a nearby hut. It had been furnished for three.
'This is my guests' hut,' Souga explained. 'Usually reserved for dignitaries from other Xinadi tribes. I've never had an outlander in it. The last guest was the Green Lord, and he came many centuries before I gained power.'
"How long ago did he arrive?" Azzanadra asked.
'About eight thousand years,' Souga replied matter-of-factly, much to the surprise of the group.
"I knew Mahjarrat had long lifespans," Zaros said, "but I had no idea it was that long!"
Azzanadra nodded. "How is it possible?"
'I will leave you now,' Souga said. 'Tomorrow, we will go to the Green Lord.' With that, he departed.
"And we'll discover his secrets," Zaros replied.

12-May-2009 04:11:28 - Last edited on 15-May-2009 06:07:40 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Well, I'm upset... I just spent forever working on the next add, and then I lose it because I took too long and forgot to copy it before i logged back in :@ anyways now I'll have to rewrite it, and it'll be Friday before I get back home and can add it... I'm sorry, for this could have been avoided :(

19-May-2009 05:02:15 - Last edited on 20-May-2009 05:09:43 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The group slept soundly through the night, comfortably wrapped in the best hospitality the Xinadi could offer. They couldn't identify the cloth, but their cots were wrapped in a green cloth that felt softer than the most expensive silk from Gielinor. The black sky of the night brightened only a bit as morning arrived, giving way before the gray Freneskaean sky of day.
Zaros, Azzanadra, and Sliske were awakened by a strange device. It was a green crystal orb with a strand of silver circling around it. At the appointed time, it glowed and emitted a strong, deep Xinadi voice shaking them from their slumber.
Shortly after, Souga returned to greet them, and Azzanadra presented him with the device. 'Ah,' Souga said, boasting proudly. 'This is actually Thega's invention. He enchanted his most powerful voice into it. Before we left you last night, he activated it with his telepathy, setting it to go off at sunrise. It is a very handy device, especially since the difference between night and day is so negligible.'
Azzanadra nodded. "So Thega enjoys toying with such things?"
The Xinadi nodded. 'He is always coming up with new devices.'
"You'd like him, Azzanadra," remarked Zaros.
"Perhaps I will have a conversation with him," Azzanadra replied with a smile.
'So are you all prepared?' asked Souga. 'The Green Lord's home is far from this village, so we must leave immediately.'
"It will take all day to arrive?" exclaimed Zaros.
'No, but it will take all day for me to go and return,' Souga explained.
"Why does the Green Lord live so far away?" asked Azzanadra. "If this truly is Tsugon, then you would think he would desire a home after he was exiled from Thida."
'Many of the Lora have asked just that, and he has refused to answer. My guess is that, as an outlander, he would be secluded even in the midst of our village. So there is really no difference.'
They all nodded. They had felt the tension of the village. 'Now, let us go.' And the group set out.

24-May-2009 04:25:57

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top