Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hasan led his son along the cold path of Necraeda. Zaros was burning with questions, but for once he was simply content to be in the presence of his father. Finally, Hasan began, "Do you know why I'm here?"
Zaros gave him a puzzled look. "Because you're dead, of course," he answered.
"Yes, but there is more to it than that. Ever since I fled from Kharyll all those many years ago, my life has been out of my hands."
"What do you mean?"
"My choice became unimportant; my life was meant for others instead of me. It is a cold feeling to have your every move dictated, my son. And I fear that you are suffering the same fate."
Zaros imagined the figure of Ihrba*ka, silently pulling all the strings. "Yes, I suppose," Zaros responded. "But if things turn out well, isn't it worth it?"
Hasan's expression did not change. "That is for you to decide. From the moment I left Kharyll, my life was meant to create you. That was the most important thing I did. Back in those days, fortune telling was popular in the Empire, and not one of those witches could tell me anything. Because I had no destiny; the stars would not let my future be read. Why? So that I would go to the one person that could help me, and he was there waiting."
Zaros nodded. "Ihrba*ka," he muttered.
"Exactly. This is my story, the one that I have remained here in Necraeda for all these long decades to pass on to you. So that Ihrba*ka's hand may be fully exposed to you."
"Is Ihrba*ka truly an enemy?"
"Of course not! However, he is someone to watch out for because he sees not for your benefit, but for the benefit of the world. In many cases, they do not match up."
"He hasn't been around the Palace lately," Zaros mused. "Does that mean that he is done with me?"
"No one can say for sure. But trust him at your peril."
"But he has led me for so long!"
"To what purpose?"
"He... he didn't say."
Hasan's face darkened. "Be wary, my son, for he may cause your downfall. Just as he did to me."

13-Mar-2009 20:14:43

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, Riekan's been using so much cliffhangers I think we're all becoming immune to it. Or it's just by the time the next add is up the cliffhanger already has lost its effect on us. Not that I'm complaining about the pace of the adds, of course, since Riekan, like many of us, have a life outside RS and its forums.

15-Mar-2009 07:25:35

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top