Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
thanks for the patience...
I'm sorry I've just been studying for my semester tests (which are brutal, I might add), so that's why my adds have been slow (nonexistent). I swear an oath to add as soon as the opportunity presents itself

16-Dec-2008 02:36:09

joel000456

joel000456

Posts: 3,936 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Without our annoying nagging this thread would've died!
Keep those lovely, juicy, mouthwatering adds coming!
On the last day of Christmas, Saint Nicholas gave to me...
A chapter of Riekan's story.

16-Dec-2008 12:19:51 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2008 12:20:16 by joel000456

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-------------------------------------
Zaros and Azzanadra did not stay long in Ghorrock, only just long enough to exchange pleasantries with Lycurgus, Imperial Lord of the city. Ghorrock was a beautiful city, deep in the northern Wilderness. It was a walled city with a giant clock tower in the exact center. A coniferous forest surrounded the city and dominated the northern world.
Azzanadra led Zaros down to the shore of the northern sea, where Sliske was already waiting with a boat. They all boarded, Zaros hauling the body of the strange assassin from Senntisten and Azzanadra carrying several vials and tools.
"What's all that?" asked Sliske as he helped them into the boat.
"It'll help us find the gate," Zaros replied.
Azzanadra dumped his trinkets into a pile on the floor of the boat. "You haven't explained how you plan on actually doing that," he said.
"Well, remember that time that I listened to you talk about your studies? How you thought that the gates of Freneskae leak out unique Mahjarrat magic?"
Azzanadra nodded. "I see."
"What?" asked Sliske.
"He reasons that if we approach a gate that leaks Phori magic, our power will increase slightly. Not anything spectacular, but just enough for my instruments to detect."
"What if it's not Phori?" Sliske fired back.
Azzanadra smiled. "That's the brilliance of it. It is possible that this corpse utilizes magic of the Khanu variety, and its levels will spike as we get closer. Even if that is not the case, however, due to the neutralizing effects of Phori and Khanu magic, our own magic levels will decrease."
Sliske's eyes lit up. "So we'll know either way."
"Exactly," Zaros replied. "Sliske, I'll tell you which way to steer. Azzanadra, tell me every time there's a change in your instruments."
"Alright," they replied in unison, taking their places.
"All set? Good. Start going forward, Sliske. We've got a gate to find."

16-Dec-2008 18:57:00

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
even though sliske was called the "serpent-tongued", he didn't hiss like a snake - in the story "fall of the six" in the lores section he didn't hiss, so that name was probably just to describe how good he is when it comes to fighting with words.

19-Dec-2008 01:18:20

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top