Forums

Mourning's end part III

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151

Britisher

Britisher

Posts: 1,276 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate players who think of themselves as Jagex Moderators, no quests have ever been made by any players, so what's the point?

Your story also has a lot of dialogue and I think it's forgetting the fact that
*SPOILER*: Prifddinas has reverted to seed form *SPOILER*

Anyway, I would rather wait until the writers make a quest that honours the series, rather that than read onto this droning piece of non-sense.
"Saint of Seren" isn't... Nooooo.....
No Saints.... In Runescape... Why start now.... And "cheapen godhood" - Mod O.....
"Guthix was right, Gielinor is better off without its gods. I will not leave you, not again, but I will not lead you."
Seren

11-Feb-2014 21:04:49

Britisher

Britisher

Original message details are unavailable.

No Saints.... In Runescape... Why start now.... And "cheapen godhood"

So Saint Elspeth doesn't exist, then?

No Serenist saints!
"Guthix was right, Gielinor is better off without its gods. I will not leave you, not again, but I will not lead you."
Seren

11-Feb-2014 21:23:25

Lykos
Feb Member 2008

Lykos

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've only read little bits so far but overall it looks good and fits in with the current style of quests, I've noticed a few things that might need changing to make it more lore-friendly.

Post 2 page 3, I'm not sure about mentioning toilets, as mentioned in the quest "the feud" The only problem is that no one has ever actually seen a toilet in RuneScape.

Post 7 page 7, is not lore correct since the release of The World Wakes.

11-Feb-2014 22:25:45

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Posts: 2,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate players who think of themselves as Jagex Moderators, no quests have ever been made by any players, so what's the point?

Your story also has a lot of dialogue and I think it's forgetting the fact that
*SPOILER*: Prifddinas has reverted to seed form *SPOILER*

Anyway, I would rather wait until the writers make a quest that honours the series, rather that than read onto this droning piece of non-sense.
No Saints.... In Runescape... Why start now.... And "cheapen godhood" - Mod O.....
Really, I'm surprised you think this way. If I recall, there is at least one quest that was a player suggestion, but I'm afraid I don't remember which. Evil Trees was entirely a player suggestion.

And your other point... Um, *spoiler* Prifddinas's seed-um is mentioned fairly often. In fact, the entire ending cutscene is *SPOILERS*.

And Saint of Seren is a bit of a Chekhov's gun towards the end. :P

But of course, I wont judge your opinion. But if I may ask my friend who is more-than-British, what would you prefer as an Elf finale quest?

No Saints.... In Runescape... Why start now.... And "cheapen godhood"

So Saint Elspeth doesn't exist, then?
*high fives*

I've only read little bits so far but overall it looks good and fits in with the current style of quests, I've noticed a few things that might need changing to make it more lore-friendly.

Post 2 page 3, I'm not sure about mentioning toilets, as mentioned in the quest "the feud" The only problem is that no one has ever actually seen a toilet in RuneScape.

Post 7 page 7, is not lore correct since the release of The World Wakes.

The toilet part was just a joke, but whats the problem with P7P7, exactly? I wrote this after TWW...
I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

12-Feb-2014 01:32:31

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Continued.

I wrote this after TWW was released, everything was meant to act as a Sixth Age quest. What part stood out to you? I'll see if I can correct it a bit. :)

12-Feb-2014 01:33:23

Lykos
Feb Member 2008

Lykos

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
P7p7, Guthix didn't create Gielinor, he only discovered it. He did shape it to better his liking though. He did also inadvertently gave it the name Runescape due to the creation off rune stones.

12-Feb-2014 14:35:45

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

LykosMactire,

Huh. I wonder why I put that there. I probably had some reason for why Seren would think Guthix created Gielinor, but I can't remember what it could ever be.

All the same, I'll see if I can change that when I get to a computer.
Thanks for the heads up!

12-Feb-2014 16:19:45

Britisher

Britisher

I want Jagex to surprise me :)
They said it'll answer all problems, so hopefully West Ardougne will finally be fixed :o
Or maybe the plague is a double buff, and is real :P ahaha
I don't know, and I supported your world event with Tuska !
Seren

12-Feb-2014 23:37:13

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151 Back to Top