Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Barlak, right? Good to see you man. Glad you still enjoy ^_^ It's really good to hear. Very reassuring.
And it's cool to copy if it's just to read it. Feel free. No worries.
I'm working on a long add for Feel the Silence, and I actually do have a decent amount of homework over the Thanksgiving break, but I'll do my best to get at least something up on this this weekend. Basketball is starting up, which means I'll be even less likely to be able to add beginning next week. I'd like to get something up before I have to cut myself off altogether again (although hopefully that won't happen this year).
Anyway...yeah. I'll see. I've got a project and I have to practice but hopefully I'll have some time to write a little. We'll see.

29-Nov-2008 02:57:16

The contents of this message have been hidden.

12-Dec-2008 07:05:10

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

~*~*~*~ Chapter Eleven ~*~*~*~

Krystal stared ahead with rapture into the rising sun and the light that poured over the gray walls until her eyes stung. Finally, at long last, the walls had come into view. The army had broken free of the trees a few minutes ago and now they thundered across the open plain, the last stretch of the journey. She’d reached Varrock. Krystal ducked her head as she felt tears stinging her eyes. Here she was, outside of the city. She never expected to be here again.
As they came closer and closer, she could not help but remember all she had been through, all that had got her to this moment. An image of the ship flashed through her memory, that great monstrosity in its last moments before it was overwhelmed by the tidal wave. Then the jungle, so vividly she almost felt the thick, humid air swirling around her, and she heard the Duke’s screams echoing in her ears. And she could not help but remember that first day, the moment that started it all, when she came into contact with a smiling, blond-haired man at the Dueling Arena. She had felt connected to him from the start, drawn to his cheeky smile and easygoing personality, and her feelings had only grown as he defended her on the ship and throughout their stay on that miserable island.
The weight of all the emotions she had felt since he had been gone, that terrible ache, that desperate sense of loss and emptiness, crashed down upon her as they always did when she thought of him, but for the first time in weeks, she fought clear. The joy she felt could not be dampened. Finally, she was going to see him again. She was going to save him.

15-Dec-2008 01:20:02

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

At the thought of what lay ahead, however, she felt a sickly cold fear creeping into her stomach. Fear of the mess she would find within the walls – the world had changed greatly since she last set foot here. Fear of what she would find in the castle – were her friends still alive? Had they won? Had they been defeated? Was Bond there, was he alive? So many questions, rattling around her head, all soon to be answered. It was almost more than she could bear. She swayed in the saddle a moment, grasping desperately at her horse’s mane for balance.
“Krystal?”
“Hmm?” She turned to the other woman, quickly blinking the tears from her eyes. Now she wasn’t sure if they were from joy or anxiety or fear or any other emotion running wild in her system. But Rivera wouldn’t get to see her cry.
“Are you all right?”
“Just tired.” Like Rivera cared anyway.
“So am I,” she agreed. “We all are. But there was no other way – we couldn’t have got here any sooner otherwise. And it seems we are direly needed. Look.” The red-haired woman flung an arm toward the city. “You see that?”
Krystal stared for a moment, seeing only the walls and the tall roof of the palace – the palace! “Oh!” she exclaimed. Smoke was rising in thick columns above the palace. “We have to hurry!” She squeezed her thighs, urging her horse faster, ignoring the pain it caused her. She’d been riding non-stop for two days and felt as though she might topple over at any moment. She had to get to Bond, though, she had to save him –
As Rivera signaled, the army galloped across the river plain, and it was only a matter of minutes now before they were approaching the wide gate. A small crowd of guards, having seen them coming, now milled anxiously about.
“Don’t stop,” hissed Rivera. “We have to ride them down.”
“What about the gate?” panted Krystal.
Rivera gestured, and a rider came up beside her. “When we charge, get inside the gatehouse and open that gate for us. Be quick about it.*

15-Dec-2008 01:20:15

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top