Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maston and Kzahar shared a look, wondering who could act faster. Maston burst forward with extraordinary speed, vaulting the low stall door and slamming the king into the wall, even as Kzahar skidded up behind him. The startled hoarse squealed and reared up, pawing at the air, unable to escape because it was still tied by its halter to a ring in the wall. Kzahar dove sideways, barely avoiding being crushed. Maston cackled gleefully as he pressed one arm into the king’s throat, just beginning to cut off his air supply.
“So here we are,” he spat in Issavan’s face. “Finally.”
“Finally,” Issavan agreed in a musing tone, though his voice was high pitched and rasping from lack of air.
“Get back, Maston! You don’t get to do this!” roared Kzahar.
“Shut up!” exclaimed the enraged warrior. “I have fought too d**n hard to get here to give this opportunity up now. Do you have ANY idea how much you have tortured us, Issavan? How much we’ve suffered? All because of you and your island? Do you have ANY idea what you have unleashed upon our world?” He was trembling with rage, every vein in his face popped out, and his eyes were wide and bloodshot and terrible in the half-light of the stable. Despite his calm demeanor, Issavan was shaking too. Maston was a truly terrifying sight at the height of his wrath. “Every time I close my eyes I see it again. I hear the screams of the Duke of Ardounge as those SAVAGES ripped out his heart and ate him alive! I have had to put up with that for weeks! I could be home and happy in Ardounge, but instead I’m here, tormented by memories I will never, EVER escape, and it is entirely your fault. You know, you did*’t have to do any of this. We never would have hurt you. But you did this to us. You brought this on yourself. And now you’re going to pay the price.”

09-Nov-2008 22:36:16

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“He killed my wife!” bellowed Kzahar.
“He ruined my life!” Maston retorted. “We had plenty of survivors after Amodiel crashed the boat. I tried my best to lead them to safety. I tried to save us all, but I couldn’t. The plague, the natives…One by one, they died. And you took Bond! Bond, who did*’t deserve to be taken and ruined by your guards! Is he even alive any more? And that’s not even to mention what you’ve done to this world. You unleashed that plague. You brought it here. You reached farther than you had any right to, and now the entire world pays the price. You don’t even suffer in the tiniest bit, no, you don’t even CARE what happens. Tell me, *emperor*, how you plan to rule an empire when all the people are DEAD!”
He paused for breath, gasping, and Issavan seized his chance to get a word in edgewise. “And killing me will save my empire…how?”
“Killing you will make it stop,” hissed Maston in a low voice. “You die, and it ends.”
“So kill me. Save the world, little hero!” Issavan mocked, laughing. He knew his end had come, and he did*’t care anymore. His death would accomplish nothing. But if they thought it would…he found that hilariously funny. As if one man’s death could have such an impact.
“Gladly,” Maston growled, and with his other hand, raised the mace, prepared to bash the king’s skull in. White-hot adrenaline raced through his body and he trembled violently as incoherent thoughts raced through his head. He was going to kill the king – it was time – they were saved – he would get revenge – it was all over –
“Noooo!” the frantic yell bit through the air, and as Maston swung down, a heavy weight slammed into his arm, throwing the strike into the wall and sending him crashing back through the stall down. The stallion screamed piercingly and came flying down. Maston was struck by a hoof as Kzahar rolled out of the way. Pain ripped through his shoulder and his vision went black for a few moments.

09-Nov-2008 22:36:41

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

There was a gust of wind as something raced by him and he scrambled upright in time to see the stallion galloping madly toward the stable door with the Emperor perched wobbling in the saddle, Kzahar sprinting after them. Maston let out a furious roar and sent a fireball in that direction, not in the least satisfied as it exploded and set Kzahar flying. There was a burst of insane laughter and a black shape cleared the flames, burst through the door, and disappeared into the night.
There was no catching the horse, Maston knew. Issavan got away.
In a flash, he pounced on the other warrior, crushing his fist repeatedly into the man’s jaw, ignoring the searing pain in his shoulder as he did so. “You son of a *****!” he bellowed. “He got away, you IDIOT! I had him and you let him get away!” He was dizzy with rage. How could this have happened? How could their entire mission in this castle have become worthless, all because of this man’s foolish mistake? It was all for nothing now. Them coming back, fighting like hell to get to this very moment, every single person who had died along the way – it was all for NOTHING. Stars flashed before his eyes, and he had no strength to fight back as Kzahar shoved him off.
“I couldn’t let you have him!” Kzahar roared, but there was shock and pain in his eyes. He couldn’t believe what he had done either.
“Well now neither of us can!” Maston shouted. There was a thunderous sound as one of the roof beams caved, sending sparks in all directions. The stable was rapidly going up in flames. “I hope you’re happy, Kzahar.” He turned and walked away in a daze through the flames, back into the corridor. The fire engulfed him, burned at his skin, but he was too numb to notice it. Kzahar lay in a stunned heap in the burning stable as Issavan escaped into the dawn, laughing triumphantly.
~*~*~*~ End of Chapter ~*~*~*~

09-Nov-2008 22:36:56 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2008 22:40:17 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

7 posts. WOW. Unfortunately it all may be a little flat, considering I'm REALLY out of shape writing-wise. I apologize for that.
At least it advances the plot quite a bit. I'd been wanting to write that scene for a while. It's kind of lacking the emotion I wanted...I'm sorry. By far not my best.
I want to touch it up, but I REALLY need to finish my homework. Sorry, guys. I hope you like it anyway.

09-Nov-2008 22:38:20 - Last edited on 09-Nov-2008 22:40:58 by Crystal Smee

Khaos Calls

Khaos Calls

Posts: 1,911 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When can we get more!!! this is amazing, i took the time to copy and paste both TD* and Blood Debt onto word and saved it, just finished reading everything but i want more\
when do you think we can get the next bit?

18-Nov-2008 03:14:54 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2008 23:50:57 by Khaos Calls

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Hey,
Glad you like it. I'm not sure how I feel about it being copied - I guess it's all right, like, I used to do that and stuff. Made it easier to read sometimes. Just don't plagiarize me or anything, k?
No adds this weekend, I'm afraid. I'm miserable. So much freaking homework and I was doing stuff all yesterday so I have to do all the work today...Sorry.

23-Nov-2008 15:45:43

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top