Forums

~*~Questcape Hall of Fame 7~*~ Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 48-49-450-66067844

Kevartis

Kevartis

Posts: 2,558 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello! I have seen this thread before, but I never applied back when I first got the Quest Cape. After an extended absence, I have finally re-obtained the Quest Cape and am ready to make my application!

Display Name: Kevartis
Were you in the Questers list prior to applying?: No
If yes, what is your quester list #?: N/A
Is your Adventurer's Log set to public?: I think so!
Have you completed all of the quest reworks?: I think so, but I don't know how to actually check this...I probably completed them a while ago
Skill total: 2289 (but climbing all the while due to Archaeology :P )
Combat Level: 123
Questpoints: 410!
What was the last Quest you completed?: Once Upon A Slime (I did the remaining ones according to release order when I came back! :) )
What was your favourite quest?: Wow, it's been so long since I've done some of these quests it's hard to remember...but I'd have to say Recipe for Disaster. It was such a great quest for the 100th, the way it was done and the content itself! I also really liked One Small Favour, I know I'm in the minority on that one :P
What was your least favourite quest?: Least favorite has to be Curse of the Black Stone; I didn't like how they forced the Elder Dungeons into a quest (it's gotta be said that I'm not the bossing type, so I was completely out of my element). Thanks goodness for Story Mode! ^_^ It was such a relief when I bested The Ambassador! (Honorable mentions are Nomad's Requiem - before EOC - and the Menaphos quests after Crocodile Tears.)

Thanks for having a thread like this! It's a nice gesture for us questers!
Thou must do as thou must, no matter what. Thine actions bring balance to this world.
May Guthix bring you balance.

01-Jun-2020 04:43:14

Trevopada
Jan Member 2005

Trevopada

Posts: 17,686 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
---------------------------------------------------------------
=*=*=*= Questcape Hall of Fame Admissions =*=*=*=
---------------------------------------------------------------

Achieving the Questcape is a great achievement, demonstrating that the player is well rounded in skill stats, understanding Runescape lore, combat and problem/puzzle solving.

The following player has achieved this and have been successful upon their application to be apart of the Questing Community's coveted Hall of Fame.

Congratulations, and welcome!

- Kevartis

Signed,

Trevopada
Founder
Hall of Fame #0001
Trevopada | |
Forum Help
|
Questcape Hall of Fame

03-Jul-2020 18:14:20

Trevopada
Jan Member 2005

Trevopada

@ Kevartis

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!!

Congrats on getting your quest cape and good selection for your favourite and least favourite. Recipe for Disaster will always be a nostalgic favourite of mine as well. I feel it did an excellent job and bringing a lot of the lore of Runescape together in a sense.

Curse of the Black Stone is one of my recent least favourite for a similar reason. I'm not the bossing type and although I don't mind a little challenge, I don't like PvM content being forced in on me. I'm interested in the lore, but I would of preferred it be geared more for that.

It's been a very dry year content wise, especially for quests. Hopefully we have more to talk about soon. :(
Trevopada | |
Forum Help
|
Questcape Hall of Fame

03-Jul-2020 18:18:44

Trevopada
Jan Member 2005

Trevopada

So what did everyone think of the Despite Measures quest?

Overall, I really enjoyed it from a lore perspective. I also sound the new scenery that we built was impressive. The only negative feedback I have is around the boss fight. I'm not a PvMer myself but it could of been a bit more difficult - I didn't even have to use a single food!

BUT, it was nice to finally have some more content this year. lol
Trevopada | |
Forum Help
|
Questcape Hall of Fame

09-Aug-2020 15:10:25

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a trimmed completionist, quest caper, and achievement hunter myself, I thought the Desperate Measure quest stood up quite well. The boss fight definitely wasn't challenging, but I think the intention was accessibility rather than difficulty, so it probably wasn't supposed to be challenging. Either way, I think Jagex did an incredible job with it! I had a blast, I'll tell you that much.

Quite a rough ending (maybe) for Kerapac although some might argue he got what was coming to him.

29-Sep-2020 03:43:30

Trevopada
Jan Member 2005

Trevopada

Sorry for the long hiatus everyone - its been very busy IRL lately for me!

@ King Bibbler - I completely agree with your points of DM. I agree that the boss fight was intended for accessibility for sure, but a little more scaling difficulty would of been appreciated. As for Kerapac, I would argue he got exactly what was coming for him. :P

@ Everyone - Thoughts on Halloween event this year?

Personally, I found it much better than a lot of the events over the last several years. This year was much more traditional with a good sense of humour. I'm also interested in the new holiday event strategy with a 'hub' that will see future. I would like to see Yeti Town be the Christmas Hub - maybe?
Trevopada | |
Forum Help
|
Questcape Hall of Fame

09-Nov-2020 23:01:58

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does having it at one point a handful of years ago count :P ?

Honestly, I enjoy doing Quests. It's working up to doing them that frustrates me. But, I digress! I will say that the voice acting in the RS3 quests keeps me captivated and preventing hitting the spacebar.

- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

08-May-2021 02:36:04

Hadopelagia
Nov Member 2023

Hadopelagia

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm hoping this isn't a necro...

Display Name: Hadopelagia
Is your Adventurer's Log set to public?: Yes.
Have you completed all of the quest reworks?: I think so..? I have all quests marked as done so probably I did.
Skill total: 2516
Combat Level: 138
Questpoints: 418
What was the last Quest you completed?: Rat Catchers
What was your favourite quest?: Sliske's Endgame. Not just for the 1.25M XP reward, but also for providing perhaps one of the toughest combat challenges in any quest in the game. You also can't help but feel amused whenever Sliske engages in banter during the race.
What was your least favourite quest?: Rat Catchers. I deliberately left it for last and I dreaded every second of it, having a kitten instead of a cat during the quest. The kitten is yet to grow up past adolescence, by the way.
Now how's this signature thing work again?

15-Jun-2021 20:11:00

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rank 40 and to this day I still have the questcape, I've got a master questcape in the bank would love to wear it again one day but could take a while with a 12 month requirement :O
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

20-Jun-2022 23:08:55 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2022 23:09:13 by Werewolf

Wolf Demon0
Dec Member 2023

Wolf Demon0

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just got the Quest Cape today!

Display Name: Wolf Demon0
Is your Adventurer's Log set to public?: I...think so?
Have you completed all of the quest reworks?: Yes
Skill total: 2409
Combat Level: 126
Questpoints: 434
What was the last Quest you completed?: Succession
What was your favourite quest?: Recipe for Disaster
What was your least favourite quest?: Oh boy where to begin? Well there's quite a few quests that I wasn't overly fond of, but I think I'll have to pick Sliske's Endgame (considering this is the only quest that made me ragequit for a year lol)

31-Dec-2022 06:07:16

Quick find code: 48-49-450-66067844 Back to Top