Forums

The Journey to Trim Comp

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just to add to the thalering of CW. You probably already know this, but I find a couple of minigames optimal for thalering other than CW itself. During spotlights, of course.

#1 Flash Powder factory. Requires no team, is immediate ( no waiting ), any world, and utterly afk. Right by a loadstone. Very good for vacuuming the room, grooming the dog, making lunch, washing dishes and putting on a load of laundry. Probably enough time to bury a body in the backyard if you are quick.

#2 Heist. Requires a small team but tends to be popular during spotlight anyway, on the right world. Like FPF is utterly afkable. Roll out that deckchair.

Of course you are not getting tickets, but I find the fact that there is practically no downtime in starting a game to be an advantage. Especially on those occasions when you are just wanting to put an hour or so in and get rid of some incriminating evidence.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

02-Jun-2017 11:00:35 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2017 11:01:19 by Corugi

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Posts: 3,552 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah those minigames and yes I would play them on spotlight. On your previous post about causing a lot of grief, well I don't agree with specifically blackmailing Jagex like that since that rarely seems to work well. Furthermore, griefing a particular group of players just out there to do their weekly activities is not a good idea. It'll only cause more harm than good, not to mention more angry players and possibly trouble. I see your drift there using penguin hunters in the wildy as ransom, but to be honest, I don't believe the result would likely be good at all. :( I would rather keep good relations with other D&D teams, as you would have to consider the long term implications of such actions.

Now for nerfing the requirement, I can't really predict whether that will happen anytime soon, but I do wish it would happen. I think one of the main reasons Jagex would be hesitant to nerf the requirement even further would be due to the sheer amount of players who have invested 800-1000+ hours of game time in obtaining the req, thus devaluing them.

Of course if there was a time-machine to go back to the past, I'd vouch for them to make it something much more reasonable, such as either upping the amount of golden tickets won per game (like to 5-6 for winning, 3 for losing or something along those lines), or much better thaler rates (120-150 thaler per hour on spotlight and 60 off spotlight).

So until there are changes, I will just have to grind out the thaler, gold tickets, or a mix of both. :( Knowing that I still have another 26 or so weeks to finish the time gated req of the Dahmaroc Statue, I know I won't be able to trim for at least that amount of time.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

02-Jun-2017 15:38:09

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The requirement had been nerfed before, and made easier yet again.

I recommend GoldTrimmers, their mechanic guarantees you wins, but requires some pretty advanced tricks to be able to pull it off. It's the fastest way to get your trim requirement, especially with enhancers and on CW spotlight.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

02-Jun-2017 19:42:47

Corugi

Corugi

How are you going with Rank: Master Finix? That's my go to atm with the DIA. So far I am averaging about 1400 to 1500 points per hour with full ethereal infinity. Dont seem to be able to improve on that. I mainly target the middle tier nodes once I have gathered sufficient essence from the soul wraiths.

Btw, a lot of our clannies have become runaways, so to build up clan numbers we have started to recruit hamsters into our clan. I have decided to name one of them after you.

03-Jun-2017 11:36:01

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

For the Master Finix rank, I haven't put as much time into RuneSpan, so I'd say I'm only 12k/125k points needed to get Rank 1 Esteem, which is about 80-85 hours of grinding left. That will be a very LONG grind for me. Unfortunately I don't have the rune ethereal outfit, so my rates will be slower than yours.

Anyways, interesting to hear that you are rebuilding your clan. I'm already in one so I won't be joining another one, plus griefing and pvp is just not my cup of tea. Interesting that you named one of your hamsters after me. :P Well, I'm not responsible if one of your clannies/hamsters griefs others, nor am I responsible for their actions.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

03-Jun-2017 14:37:35

Corugi

Corugi

I would suggest looking at getting the infinity ethereal set, especially since you have just started the grind to rank 1 esteem. The set includes the following bonuses:

Five daily teleports to the Yellow wizard within the Runespan and back. ( Which means you can quick hop to another location if the nodes in your area dry up.)
Gives the ability to move between areas in the Runespan without rune cost ( Which means you dont waste points on moving around runespan.)
7% chance to double your runes when siphoning in the Runespan, giving twice as much experience. ( Which means you gather more runes and so more points. Anecdotally, I found this benefit to be more effective when used on the middle tier nodes )

Not exactly over powerful benefits, but I find it makes my time in runespan a little less frustrating as well as a little more productive.

As you would be acutely aware, there is of course a trade off in the time you spend acquiring the set against the benefits you receive. I acquired most of the fragments needed for this set through two methods. Firstly, siphoning ancient energy when I was knocking off the Arc reqs. Secondly, through doing the free wicked hood rune-crafting teleports everyday. The wicked hood runecrafting is part of my daily JoT, the xp reward is then spent on slayer. For some reason the fragments seemed to come easily from wicked hood runecrafting. Perhaps I just perceived it this way, since the process is relatively painless, using a preset loadout for this purpose alone.

Most of our clan members abhor my evil pking ways. Which probably explains why they have overthrown me in several bloody revolts. This is a fairly regular occurrence in our clan. They dont know that I am recruiting hamsters to act as my own personal bodyguard. I just tell them its to artificially inflate our clan numbers.

03-Jun-2017 21:59:38 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2017 22:01:25 by Corugi

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Ah I see, interesting and I think the time spent getting the outfit might outweigh my road to rank 1 esteem. The increased rate at gaining points might only slightly alleviate an hour or two at best, but gathering the fragments to make it would then be equal or exceed that time grinding, so I might just go ahead and grind out the remaining 113k points or so, over a long span of time. :) I will be rotating between my activities, gathering golden rocks, daily time gated reqs, reaper, etc.

I have also added some progress to each of the tasks to show where I am currently at right now.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

04-Jun-2017 04:23:21

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411 Back to Top