Forums

The Journey to Trim Comp

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Posts: 3,552 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Flander! (Flandre) :) I've been playing for over 12 years now and while this is quite a long journey, I believe it will be all worth it in the end. :)
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

05-Jun-2017 16:38:19

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Bump, I have just finished all 60 floors of DG on Hardmode! :) Will take a break from DG'ing for a bit, it was quite the grind! :o
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

08-Jun-2017 19:44:22

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Thanks Load Stoned :) Indeed, you are right about comp cape, it is the gateway towards trim. Several years ago I would never have thought to comp, let alone trim. However, after each successful goal completed, I got more ambitious and to keep my interest ingame going, I had to search for future goals to achieve. Also what really helped was once I got past the main hurdles (hardest reqs were usually high level PvM, like Araxxi and Telos), everything else became much easier for me.

Finally, I like your DG reference. :)

Anyways, earlier today I have finally finishing memorial to guthix at prestige 3. :) Now it's just the grindfest of the arc as well as runespan, chompies, and other reqs.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

09-Jun-2017 14:26:16 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2017 14:28:07 by Ut Opus

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This may interest you.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Profound_decorative_equipment

Its a wiki page on Pro Dec armour. Gives a break down of possible ticket + thaler combinations to get the four armour pieces.

For example you can get the full set if you have 650 tickets and 40,250 thaler. Or 800 tickets and 38,525 thaler, etc, etc.

Tried a couple of those CW FC's mentioned earlier by other posters. They want you to fill in an application form. Yuk. Like, what business is it for them to know whether I like brown bread or white bread?And join a discord. *shudder*

Its inspiration though for a troll thread.
Corugi's CW FC
. Fill in this application form!

1) How many times a week do you shower?
2) What do you think of people who do not trim their nose hairs?
3) Tell us the brand diapers you prefer to use.
4) What is the color of the mold growing between your toes?
5) Do you have any weird fetishes we should know about?
6) Have you tested your tap water for estrogen?
7) Can you speak in a convincing French accent?

etc.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

09-Jun-2017 22:09:03

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Thanks SmallChair. :)

@Corugi, I have been with them and they are a decent fc by far. I am enjoying my stay with Cwar United as of far and they are pretty well organized with their games. Anyways thanks for the information about Castle Wars tickets. It looks like I will do both thaler and gold tickets which will all help in the end. I may do more thaler than gold tickets or the other way around depending on how my scheduling fits over the next few months.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

11-Jun-2017 02:13:34 - Last edited on 11-Jun-2017 02:18:04 by Ut Opus

Corugi

Corugi

Every time I tick off a major comp/trim/mcq requirement there seems to be a new one come out. I have heard some vile rumour that there are new comp and trim reqs in Menaphos. Including something to the effect of doing 200 shifting tombs or more....

I am too scared to look at the achievements tab to see if it is true. I'm too scared to look at the achievements tab anyway becasue of the unholy mess Jagex made of it.

Some else risk their sanity by looking and then tell me the rumors are NOT TRUE!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GUTHIX TELL ME THERE AREN'T MORE REQUIREMENTS!

16-Jun-2017 04:10:24

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Unfortunately, there ARE MORE REQUIREMENTS... :(

The saving grace however, is that all these requirements have an amnesty period, meaning that you have 3 months to get these done before they become actual requirements for COMP/MQC/TRIM. Since I won't be able to trim due to the Dahmaroc Replica Statue (still 25 weeks to go!), I am hard time gated until December 2017. I have started Menaphos and will spend a bit of time each day or so, this way I won't have as much to do when the time comes. Most of the reputation grinding can be slightly alleviated with the Desert Pantheon Aura by communing with Amascut (gives +10% more reputation gain for an hour and costs 125 charges on the aura.)
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

16-Jun-2017 18:07:28

Corugi

Corugi

Original message details are unavailable.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sweet mother of Guthix!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait! Perhaps I misheard you, yes, I misheard you, surely there aren't more requirements! haha! Oh my! I was worried for a moment there, haha!.....

Original message details are unavailable.

ARRRGHHHH!

*last seen running off into da deep wildee, wearing nothing but rares and a demonic skull, shouting "pkers are scum" and "you are all noobs!" *

16-Jun-2017 21:55:08 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2017 22:02:11 by Corugi

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411 Back to Top