Forums

The Journey to Trim Comp

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Posts: 3,552 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fuck, my journey has be tiring as of late, ugh I suppose I will take it at a slower pace, but not too slow either. Menaphos is just more of a time sink against my current trim reqs but it will become officially trim reqs later in September.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

22-Jun-2017 04:04:14

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Fuck, my journey has be tiring as of late, ugh I suppose I will take it at a slower pace, but not too slow either. Menaphos is just more of a time sink against my current trim reqs but it will become officially trim reqs later in September.

Trim. Its three steps forward and two steps back.

Honestly I am beginning to wonder if they have misjudged the senior player community this time.

We all know that RS is a skinner box, we all know that keeping us lingering on as regular subscribers is the business model ( in addition to MTX ). But in the past it has been more subtle, well camouflaged, and in many respects we have been willing participants in these manipulations, for we have fun and are able to interact with engaging content. I read it as: "This content is fun and challenging and will be sure to keep our players subscribing for longer. We love you guys! Big smiley hugs from Jagex!"

But Menaphos is different. It is blatant. It is more like: "We will make you do this content even though it is obviously designed to keep you subscribing and for no other reason. Haha. We know you are addicts. Haha! Get gud kid. Love and inappropriate fondles from Jagex."

Not to say that Trim and Comp haven't had their quota of such content previously, but I would argue that for those of us engaging on the Trim journey, we considered them to be old fashioned hurdles, archaic left overs from a bygone era, or simply mistakes that are irretrievable. But I, for one, didn't expect this level of head banging pain in the butt and poorly executed design in 2017.

And slayer 120, well, the backlash is readily apparent on reddit. People are already questioning why they should be leveling another 90 mill xp when they could be bossing instead. It starting to sink into them that 120 slayer is designed to keep them subbing

I just see people dropping out of the whole rat race when the rat race walls begin to look like rat race walls.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

22-Jun-2017 06:03:53

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you have absolutely no time to play you can just do soul obelisks for the most part and that takes care of Menaphos almost entirely. The bigger issue is slayer codex, by far.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

22-Jun-2017 11:19:49

Corugi

Corugi

If you have absolutely no time to play you can just do soul obelisks for the most part and that takes care of Menaphos almost entirely. The bigger issue is slayer codex, by far.

Very true. My strategy is to pretend it doesn't exist. What slayer codex?

23-Jun-2017 04:27:35

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Thanks Railgun and I do my daily 20k soul obby rep points. I will of course have to do the quests but only after I unlocked them and all. My main focus is the time gated stuff like Dhamaroc Replica Statue and Fish Flingers as well as doing some castle wars/thaler farming time to time. For FF, I have all the medals now just need to finish getting 1860 or so tokens so I can get that requirement done.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

23-Jun-2017 20:12:47

Corugi

Corugi

Man, I had completely forgotten about the fish flingers requirement.

Right. No problem. I know how to deal with this. I will simply pretend that doesn't exist either. What fish flingers?

25-Jun-2017 02:18:50

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Just recently finished with Penance King req, still working on maxxing my roles on Barbarian Assault. With just a few hours on SL left, I will try to make use of it because otherwise it is hard to find a team during the day.

Still a long road (longer if including Menaphos), but one req done is one req closer to trim. :)
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

26-Jun-2017 14:59:22

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Just got lots of FF rounds done, and now almost halfway with my tokens for the Champion's Tacklebox. I just wished the FF enhancers gave you double tokens instead of just double medals because I would long have 500 medals well before getting 1860 tokens for the champ tacklebox. :@

Finally, also been doing my daily 20-22k rep at obbies at Menaphos and also city quests so hopefully the 1.2m rep will be sorted by late July or August. Then I still have to do Menaphos quests since now I have T10 city rep and T7 merch, T6 imp, T6 ports, T5 workers.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

27-Jun-2017 21:11:08 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2017 21:37:39 by Ut Opus

Corugi

Corugi

Then I still have to do Menaphos quests since now I have T10 city rep and T7 merch, T6 imp, T6 ports, T5 workers.

You have similar rep to mine then. Tell ya what, race you T10 in all factions. Winner gets to call the loser an "Achievement tasks interface update."

Yes, I realize that being called an "Achievement tasks interface update" is tantamount to being called a "FUBAR". But this would be a very serious competition. Yes. Yes.

Then we can have a race to find all the gems, and then another race to find all the cats, do all the quests, spam 200 shifting tombs, all the city quests ...and ...and ....and... OH DEAR GOD! Say, what do you think of me just taking my bank into da wildee and letting you pk me?

28-Jun-2017 10:32:20

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

The last part, umm.... no. Also that sounds like something of potentially a "lure". I can't say that I'm interested in that. :P

Back on the Menaphos discussion though, I guess having an informal race to max reputation (1.2m rep spread across 4 factions), and completion of the Jewels of the Elide, Cats of Menaphos, well that could work, hehe.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

28-Jun-2017 16:03:59

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411 Back to Top