Forums

The Journey to Trim Comp

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Posts: 3,552 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah Corugi, nice to see you on my thread and offering advice. Thanks for the tips and as far as agility, yes I have heard of that place. I do go there for my rocks. :) For hunter, I will consider hunting charm sprites when I run out of protean traps.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

30-May-2017 15:37:57

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well it looks as though you are far ahead of the ball than me on this then. There I was, thinking I was Mr Smarty Pants incarnate. But it appears my leet secrets have been leaked! Or deleeted. Or something. I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

01-Jun-2017 07:49:58

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

As of now, I'm still looking for advice on how to approach the castle wars requirement, whether to do it all thaler or mostly castle wars games? Keep in mind that I must have ALL wins for 2075 games to get the requirement done. Thaler all the way is 795 hours (950+ hours including wait times and breaks) and Castle Wars alone is also close to ~798 hours (assuming ALL wins and no enhancers).

While I do have an enhancer for Castle Wars, there isn't enough charges on them, like 20 charges per enhancer, in which I only have 2. Also having a draw or losing game means I don't utilize the enhancer as much as I should.

I have yet to find which way is the most optimal way to go about this requirement.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

01-Jun-2017 15:10:16

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I used a mix of thaler and castle wars games. The key for castle wars is to join one of those fc's that basically allow you to win every game in order to maximize ticket gain.

I bought 4 pieces with tickets and 1 piece with thaler.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

01-Jun-2017 18:46:47

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

@Bentoki
I don't know and the last time I heard it was planned to be removed, but no date set on if/when. Also, considering that it is not confirmed, I have to assume that it is still a requirement because unless it is removed it is still one of the tasks needed for trim. If/when it does get removed, it may be much, much later, like in late 2018 or something. I plan to trim at the end of 2017, maybe in the beginning of 2018.

@Railgun
Did you use buy the helm or platebody with thaler?

Right now I'm just going between time gated requirements and cycling in between grindy reqs as well as rng reqs (Champion scrolls, HM Dungeoneering, Kalgerions, Chompies, etc.) As far as minigames like BA and MA, I would need a team for BA for both the level 5 roles + Penance King kill.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

01-Jun-2017 20:11:54

Esploratore
Apr Member 2006

Esploratore

Posts: 1,675 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Lunar Reisen,

I've also been whittling away at trim requirements for a while now, and will enjoy reading about how you progress on your journey.

As of now, these are the things I have left. Perhaps we can help one another with some things.

How many games?
(cw)

Mobilise This
(ma)

Champions. What Champions?
Master Angler
(fish flinger) I have 2 boxes unlocked so far. (I've been using the fc "2flingfish" (w84 as I recall) on the days I work on this goal)

The Death Effect
(death's book remaining)

Penance to the King -
would really appreciate some help with this one

Kal'gerion Commander
(2 commendations left to find)

Telos If You're Angry
Nomad's Mirage

May I add you in game? It would be fun to have a friend to discuss strategies while working on this!

==============
Edit 21 August 2017

Finished:
The Death Effect
Kal'Gerion Commander
Pro Tackle box remaining at Fish Flingers

01-Jun-2017 23:17:56 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2017 16:58:28 by Esploratore

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
uhhhhh since I did more cw games and I had tons of enhancers I think I only bought helm with thaler. It's been over a year since I touched cw so it could be either way though. I think doing castle wars, especially during spotlights, is faster.

Also keep in mind I used thaler to buy skilling outfits back then.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

02-Jun-2017 01:46:09 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2017 01:46:43 by railgun

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Esploratore, sure I can help you with Telos and Nomad. Granted I'm not as good at Telos as it was costly and hellish. I barely, and I mean barely, just got the 100% enrage kill. This just shows how sloppy shit I am at PvM... (I hope there is no Telos like boss in 2018 or too soon).
For Nomad I would bring a shield and be prepared to resonance his wrath attack which his 7500 typeless damage. Also, since most of nomads attacks until the last phase are ALL typeless hits, don't expect to reduce much damage against his attacks but I would still protect melee as Gielinor avatar can hit 3k melee damage without protection prayers (3k hit reduced to 1.), and the magic attacks always hit a constant 2k, there is no mitigation against that. In the final phase, you would be using a lot of food so it is important to keep turning your prayer back up as he will constantly turn it off. Also, keep your health high as you can die very easily in this fight when your prayer drops and getting hit by magic fireballs.

Railgun, I see. I probably should have did more castle wars and thaler grind back in 2015, but other life activities and priorities... ugh I can't go back to the past, so now it's just time to grind and grind it through. I will look into doing CW on spotlight as much as I can. At any rate, this will be a very, very long term req that will take me at least half a year or longer to finish. :(
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

02-Jun-2017 03:51:52

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
As of now, I'm still looking for advice on how to approach the castle wars requirement, whether to do it all thaler or mostly castle wars games? Keep in mind that I must have ALL wins for 2075 games to get the requirement done. Thaler all the way is 795 hours (950+ hours including wait times and breaks) and Castle Wars alone is also close to ~798 hours (assuming ALL wins and no enhancers).

While I do have an enhancer for Castle Wars, there isn't enough charges on them, like 20 charges per enhancer, in which I only have 2. Also having a draw or losing game means I don't utilize the enhancer as much as I should.

I have yet to find which way is the most optimal way to go about this requirement.

Likewise, this is something that ticks over in my blood crazed mind from time to time.

My strategy so far has been to just visit the motherload everyday to get enhancers, but they are sadly few and far between. And of course spotlight. Finding a fc that specializes in rigging CW is optimal but I have yet to find one that achieves consistent wins. It grates on me a bit to even consider this.

So far I haven't achieved enough tickets or thaler to even consider the best approach to obtaining the armour. Probably I am just going to wait until its too late and then make some very poor decisions which I will later regret. Just like irl.

The other optional strategy is to cause Jagex so much grief that they give into our demands and nerf the CW requirements down to something resembling sanity. Perhaps if we all formed a dedicated pking gang that only targeted penguin hunters? I have some experience with that.

"Unless you nerf the CW trim req we will kill each and every penguin hunter in da wildee so they NEVAR get full points!"

Imagine the backlash from the Penguin hunters!! Soon the entire wolrd60penguin community and would be clamoring at Jagex to give in and nerf the req.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

02-Jun-2017 10:48:40

Quick find code: 48-49-267-65950411 Back to Top