Forums

Jake's Journal

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Posts: 815 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So far I have level 42 Archaeology, I haven't yet worked out whether this skill is very quick to train or if its just because I have been training mining in OSRS which is very slow.

I have upgraded my mattock to adamant and I believe I can equip my rune on at level 50. I have not decided if I'll get the dragon one yet, I have heard that its 18m. Whilst I can afford it, I don't know if its really that necessary.

07-Jul-2021 12:09:21

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Getting closer to reclaiming my Max cape, I have managed to get level 54 archaeology. I am currently excavating amphitheatre debris at the everlight digsite. There aren't as many people around as I thought there would be, each digsite so far has been rather empty. I may have a go at some of those new quests once I meet the level requirements but I think 74 is the level I need to achieve first.

08-Jul-2021 14:01:21

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I now have level 61 archaeology and have moved back to the Everlight digsite to excavate the stadio debris. I have noticed that the levels have become a little slower to level but I'm still enjoying the skill. I will be using the stadio debris until level 65 before I move on.

14-Jul-2021 17:38:28

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Just got level 73 archaeology! One thing that I have noticed whilst training and I think its one of my favourite things about archaeology is that you get to travel to lots of different locations. This has the effect of keeping things fresh and stopping it from becoming stale.

For example, roughly 10 years ago when I was training for level 99 mining, I trained from level 80 to 99 in the living rock caverns by mining concentrated gold ore. That meant staying in the LRC for a very long time which eventually gets boring and repetitive.

With archaeology, its very different. Every few levels you move onto another resource at a different site giving you a change of scenery and some new lore to uncover which keeps things interesting.

I have also being doing some quests that I have missed during my absence. Some of the newer quests look visually stunning. I am a little stuck on the "Pieces of Hate" quest. I am about to fight Rabid Jack but I can't seem to beat him. I think its largely down to the fact that I don't understand this combat system, I don't know what I'm doing so I just end up button mashing and hope I kill them.

21-Jul-2021 16:37:38

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Level 75 archaeology today! I have also been using lamps and prismatic stars to boost archaeology as much as I can.

I also took a trip to Menaphos and started fishing there to build up my reputation so I can meet the requirements for some of the newer quests in their series. It seems to be taking quite a while to build up reputation there, I am only at level 3 so far.

I have also looked at the deep sea fishing area as that seems to have been added during my absence. It seems sailfish are the best fish in game now. I noticed that rocktails are at 4k each. I remember when they came out initially I thing they peaked at like 2.8k then eventually settled to 1.7k-1.8k. A lot of items seem to have risen in price but it also seems like its easier to make money now too so I suppose its all relative.

22-Jul-2021 13:44:06

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065 Back to Top