Forums

Jake's Journal

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065

Noky

Noky

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very interesting diary! Your determination in attaining your goals throughout the years is slowly but surely beginning to yield the fruition of your labour.

I wish you the best in your hopes of attaining max cape. :)

24-Jan-2017 04:57:00

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Posts: 815 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Noky said :
Very interesting diary! Your determination in attaining your goals throughout the years is slowly but surely beginning to yield the fruition of your labour.

I wish you the best in your hopes of attaining max cape. :)

Thank-you for your support, it's been a while since anyone stumbled upon my diary.

14-Feb-2017 18:47:57

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I've had some free time so I've wandered back into Gielinor for some entertainment and decided to participate in the Valentines day event. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get all the rewards but I don't think gyou could unless you utilised treasure hunter, but no worries. I will definitely be participating in the second part of the event and land myself that devotion sprite pet, even if it isn't exactly in line with the traditional Runescape themes.

Hopefully I can begin making some progress towards level 114 mining which has has been sitting dormant in my absence.

14-Feb-2017 18:54:38

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I now have level 114 mining with 5.1m xp until level 115 which will take a considerable amount of time to do but I have the time to get it at the moment. I also have level 87 invention soon to be 88 when I level my pickaxe up to level 12. I will have to create anot her batch of equipment siphons soon to propel me to level 90. I have been successful in participating in this part of the valentines day event with 9000 fabric scraps, with tomorrow serving as the last day before I can claim all the rewards.

23-Feb-2017 17:55:46

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Time tolls ever onward and I will shortly find myself with more time to play, allowing me creep towards my final 99. I have completed the easter event, I think it was nice to have traditional easter clash with Gielinor's story. It is always nice to hear from Runescape's very own jolly green giant, well...not so jolly since he croaked. At the moment I have been messing with Old School Runescape, where I am cutting magic trees in the guild on the island I believe is called Kourend but I may be mistaken.

It has been nice catching up with old and new Runescape pals and it has reaffirmed my beliefs that this game has one of the best and certainly friendliest communities around.

14-Apr-2017 17:31:39

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Still playing OSRS but I have switched from woodcutting to cooking in the Rogues Den. It certainly brings back memories from when I trained there to get 99 cooking in what is now called runescape 3. It seems as though the market is far more favourable than it was all those years ago. Back then cooked fish traded at a lesser price to its raw counterparts which meant you always made a loss. Nowadays in OSRS, you often make a profit albeit not a massive profit but crucially it's not a loss.

I recently attained 60 cooking and I'm cooking tuna at the moment, mostly because it trades quicker over the grand exchange. I do intend on shortly moving onto lobstern instead.

15-Apr-2017 14:34:01

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

I am creeping up towards 116 mining, I am hoping to get 120 this year or early 2018 if possible. Mining looks set to be my first 120 but before then I should be able to grab my max Cape after a number of years. Invention is my last 99 to get with 700k until level 94, I expect to get 99 before christmas

I would like to see some more quests come out shortly, perhaps something on the elder gods. I guess we'll just have to see what September holds in store.

30-Aug-2017 17:41:15

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

The levels are flying by at the moment, I just got level 96 invention and have a little over 1m experience until level 97. I've stockpiled a number of siphons and divine charges to last me a while at the seren stones. This journey is coming to a close after a number of years.

I hope that the double xp weekend will allow me to claw my way towards my first 120, in mining.

04-Sep-2017 20:36:53

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

At last I have level 117 mining, that's over 77 million xp in total for mining. It's incredible to think that once 13 million xp which is required most level 99 in a skill was considered a crowning achievement in a persons runescape career and now it's more of a side note. To go beyond that frontier was the preserve of the completionists and now it is the proving ground of all players.

This is not the only news of the day as I now have level 98 invention with 912k xp left until level 99 and my max Cape. I hope to half that xp before the end of today but I expect to level up tomorrow, a day that I have long anticipated and will surely be a night to remember.

07-Sep-2017 19:47:38

Yhorm Aegis
Jun Member 2021

Yhorm Aegis

Woooooooooooot!!!!!!!!! 99 invention and MAX CAPE!!!!!!!

This journey has been 9 years in the making and finally it has come to its close, I always took my time to walk this path hence why it took so long I guess. In those early days when I started back in February 2008 I never imagined I would max out it was only ever a fleeting thought that ran through my mind once or twice. Of course back then there was no max cape, all attention was fixed on 99's alone.

I have spent those 9 years burning maple logs outside falador bank which was a popular spot before bonfires. I cut the magic trees near the sorcerers tower and chopped the ivy along the falador walls. I fletched my way through thousands of logs and cooked my way through countless lobsters and monkfish. I mined gold ore in the living rock caverns, fished rock tails, high alched trash, butchered and slain my way through combat stats. I mixed over 29,000 extreme magic potions and delved endless dungeons and many many more things.

This adventure has been long and challenging but it has all been thoroughly enjoyable. I have played long enough to witness many changes to gielinor and Runescape itself, the changes through EOC and RS3 to the return of the gods and reworks of famous locations. Over the years I have encountered many people who have made my experiences all the more diverse. Many of those people I adventured with in those early days are long since gone, while a few remain but they have all played a remarkable role in shaping my experiences in runescape.

All great journeys must come to an end but this is only an excuse for the beginning of a new journey populated with friends of both old and new. Here's to another 9 years adventuring!!

08-Sep-2017 18:43:23

Quick find code: 48-49-131-63718065 Back to Top