Forums

Patch Notes - 10/12

Quick find code: 442-443-0-66065966

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,165 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Most world redistributions sound fine, but Shades really should have their distinct world - especially considering you're using it sometimes for bingo cards or other promotions. All in all some good other fixes as well.

"It is now possible to toggle between barbarian and normal fishing after having completed the barbarian training miniquest by talking to Otto."

Wasn't that listed a few weeks ago already? And why should you even want to do this, unless it was fully cosmetic?
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

10-Dec-2018 14:24:27 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2018 14:25:40 by Rikornak

Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Sharp-shin said :
So a patch week it is indeed... what a disappointment, seeing as you guys have proven the ability to deliver meaningful weekly content in the past. Patches are nice, but we need new content as well.

Not sure why a new section was made entirely for patch notes though, when we have RGU.

I'd say I'm surprised that you're disappointed but that really isn't the case, the unrealistic expectation of having a deliverable game update each week is just silly, we're on the verge of being an 18 year old game.

Honestly, lighten up a bit :)

The new section is something for the short term, the idea is to eventually push patch notes to their own news posts, but they're in a new section for now just to keep it away from RGU, as we unsticky patch note posts in RGU they get lost and eventually deleted when they hit page 50 of RGU, I'd rather not lose them at all.
Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!

10-Dec-2018 14:24:47

Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Also I'm seeing comments about Shades of Morton for W88, I'll see if we can get it added back, thanks everyone :) Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!

10-Dec-2018 14:25:39

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Shauny said :
Also I'm seeing comments about Shades of Morton for W88, I'll see if we can get it added back, thanks everyone :)

Cheers! :)

Mod Shauny said :
Sharp-shin said :
So a patch week it is indeed... what a disappointment, seeing as you guys have proven the ability to deliver meaningful weekly content in the past. Patches are nice, but we need new content as well.

Not sure why a new section was made entirely for patch notes though, when we have RGU.

I'd say I'm surprised that you're disappointed but that really isn't the case, the unrealistic expectation of having a deliverable game update each week is just silly, we're on the verge of being an 18 year old game.

To be fair, we used to get at least 3 solid updates per month in addition to patch notes (fewer of those than now though) and they weren't more unpolished or anything. My guess is graphical costs have increased over the years, but I'd rather have 2008 graphics and more updates than the current situation tbh. :/ August and September combined this year, if I recall correctly, had but one update. :( (obviously not counting MTX)

So far this year we have 4 quests, no minigames, one D&D, some large skill updates, two elite dungeons, not much more. Just in 2008 we got over 20 quests including WGS, several minigames (more than usual to replace the Wildy though), lots of smaller updates, three holiday events, etc. And importantly, no mtx. There definitely is a discrepancy.

While Blackwing may be overly pessimistic, it's for a reason. Personally I'm fine with no-update weeks (or patch weeks as they're now called...) since there's plenty to do in-game anyway, but it's definitely a downgrade from what we used to have.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

10-Dec-2018 14:28:02 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2018 14:33:24 by Lord Drakan

keggyyy

keggyyy

Posts: 1,602 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Shauny said :
Sharp-shin said :

The new section is something for the short term, the idea is to eventually push patch notes to their own news posts, but they're in a new section for now just to keep it away from RGU, as we unsticky patch note posts in RGU they get lost and eventually deleted when they hit page 50 of RGU, I'd rather not lose them at all.

To be fair in the second half of the year there have been very few game updates. Sometimes going on a drought of 2 months without an update.

10-Dec-2018 14:32:18

Lindsay

Lindsay

Posts: 3,130 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
W84 was already a portable world in all but official description, so not sure why everyone’s upset about it. Just makes it easier for people who are unfamiliar with discord and ports fc to find portables instead of constabtly asking for a portable well. *shrug*
¸•º´ˆ*¸•`˜•¸¸•º..:.:¸•³ .:.x.:. ³•¸:.:.. °•¸¸•˜´•¸ˆ`º•¸

- ., ,.-˜......¸›´-„¸¸„•´.... #Hashtag Lounge ....´•„¸¸„-‹¸.....˜-., ,.-*

10-Dec-2018 14:32:25

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Shauny said :
Sharp-shin said :

My expectations are based on Jagex's expectations of the game's worth; if Jagex thinks that the game is worth paying $11 monthly with all the forms of MTX that it has, then my expectations are naturally higher than they would be if Jagex expected only the membership revenue like they did in the past. If Jagex wants someone to lower their expectations, Jagex should do the same too, rather than expect others to do what they say but not adhere to their own word.

Now, personally speaking, I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if a corporate took something dear to you and tried to rip you off as much as possible for it. If that hasn't happened to you yet as it has to me with RS3, great, and I hope it never will, because I can tell you, it's disheartening.

EDIT: Thanks for replying though, it's progress still.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

10-Dec-2018 14:34:11 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2018 14:36:05 by Sharp-shin

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, suggestion; W22 is Community Fishing Training and W89 is Fish Flingers. I'd suggest to merge the two (for obvious reasons) under "Fishing Training & Fish Flingers" and then that frees up a world for elite dungeons (assuming Shades of Mort'ton is back to W88 by itself; otherwise this slot could be used for e.g. Dom Tower if SoM and elite dungeons share that world). Also maybe change Community Smithing Training to "Blast Furnace & Artisans' Workshop" as I said earlier, in light of the rework.

EDIT: I forgot Artisan's Workshop already has its own world; merge it with the community smithing one as two is superfluous. Or change community back to Blast Furnace, to have two. Also, elite dungeons can easily be merged with 68, Group Bossing, allowing Shades to keep 88.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

10-Dec-2018 14:36:12 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2018 14:39:38 by Lord Drakan

Quick find code: 442-443-0-66065966 Back to Top