Forums

Optional Randoms & Goblins

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061

Os Thaddius

Os Thaddius

Posts: 908 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put a barrel of Pickaxe Handles in Bob's Axes in Lumbridge for those of us who actually liked using Pickaxe Handles for costumes?

What will it hurt for players to have access to Pickaxe Handles?

Seriously annoyed at Jagex for taking away my Pickaxe Handles AGAIN.

11-Sep-2014 15:13:04

Saving Guide

Saving Guide

Posts: 1,479 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the goblin invasion, many people can't find the goblins at all. Some times they wander 1 at a time from the north gate out of the blue but there is no hive spawn area like guards at telly spot. I know im on goblins side, but this seems unfair.

11-Sep-2014 15:15:47

PinkiePi

PinkiePi

Posts: 2,467 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes! A glorious day for scapers everywhere!

Can the randoms get a little tag for which one they are though?
Like, "Mysterious Old Man (Maze)" or something? I don't want to accidentally go into a mime random or anything.

11-Sep-2014 15:19:45

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Andrew Vin said :
Also, not sure if I clear enough above, but could we be allowed to change sides with the goblin event? At least be given the option to do it once.

I think they might still be poking around to see why the goblins don't seem to be spawning as much as expected! But once that's sorted, I'll make sure they know people are asking to switch sides. So long as there doesn't turn out to be a reason why it's not offered.

TeeeBOMB said :
I didn't notice the vote on this one, so I got blind-sided, all of a sudden my friends were online, but I didn't see them log on, lol.
Well if you could maybe put in like a toggle switch would be nice, to turn this feature on or off.

Poll 24, question 9, 80% support.

We'd be happy to add a toggle. We've got space on the menu after the last redesign.

Given that it's naturally easier for us not to add a toggle, and 80% of people were okay with the feature not having a toggle, we'd kinda hoped that it would be accepted in the form that was polled, especially as we had a lot of other features that people wanted us to develop quickly too.

11-Sep-2014 15:24:41 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2014 15:26:22 by Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
PinkiePi said :
Like, "Mysterious Old Man (Maze)" or something? I don't want to accidentally go into a mime random or anything.

If the MOM is going to take you to a mime show, he'll say " Hey, XXX, would you like to come and perform in a mime show? "

If he's going to take you to a maze, he'll say " Hey, , would you like to come and solve a maze for me? "

You'll then have the choice to tell him to go away.

11-Sep-2014 15:31:39

Os Thaddius

Os Thaddius

Posts: 908 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Os Thaddius said :
Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put a barrel of Pickaxe Handles in Bob's Axes in Lumbridge for those of us who actually liked using Pickaxe Handles for costumes?

What will it hurt for players to have access to Pickaxe Handles?

Seriously annoyed at Jagex for taking away my Pickaxe Handles AGAIN.

11-Sep-2014 15:33:23

Gad Zook

Gad Zook

Posts: 1,883 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The "skilling action" is sometimes teleporting, no? For me it's most often the action a random would interrupt. Now, uninterrupted teleporting hardly gives a "choice" of whether or not to engage the random. Sad to watch a genie simply observing me teleport away from him, and he has no way to follow. :(

11-Sep-2014 15:35:15

PinkiePi

PinkiePi

Posts: 2,467 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
PinkiePi said :

If the MOM is going to take you to a mime show, he'll say " Hey, XXX, would you like to come and perform in a mime show? "

If he's going to take you to a maze, he'll say " Hey*****;name>, would you like to come and solve a maze for me? "

You'll then have the choice to tell him to go away.

Right on, thinking ahead of the curve. Thanks ^_^

11-Sep-2014 15:37:20

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061 Back to Top