Forums

Optional Randoms & Goblins

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061

TeeeBOMB

TeeeBOMB

Posts: 1,480 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks the updates and trying to make RS OS more fun. I am limited by time here, and don't want to just be a negative nancy here. I really do like most of the updates here, just...

Why are you mess'* w/ my private chat? Did we vote to have disappearing text on our pvt chat? OMG please retract this, or make it optional.

Actually, making it optional would be best. Since there are times all my friends log'n on and off spams my pvt chat.

Ok, Please make it an optional thing. And quit making disappearing stuff in my chat, I think would be nice too. Unless the community votes yes on it. (ok, if you guys did vote on this already, I'm sorry and apologize. STILL: I'd like disappearing stuff from my private chat to be optional)

Thanks your time :-)

11-Sep-2014 14:37:44

Andrew Vin
Oct Member 2022

Andrew Vin

Posts: 10,829 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you so much, Mod Ash, for fixing the desecrated pet house bug.(or at least for maybe helping with the process?)

When you told me to submit a bug report, I honestly thought that meant it would never be fixed.(since I submitted a bug involving people automatically being poisoned once they enter a POH a few months ago and... ~_~)

But, thanks for fixing the pet house issue. I have been given proof that bug reports are read. :)

And as the person above me said, could the disappearing chat thing please remain optional?

I use the forums for over 10 seconds at time and I'm already missing a lot of notifications.

11-Sep-2014 14:38:53 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2014 14:40:11 by Andrew Vin

TeeeBOMB

TeeeBOMB

I officially support the person's post above. Specially their support of the person's post above their post.

;-)

(Now I'm just being silly, sorry)

OMG - where does that goblin spawn in fally anyways? lol. is there only one?

11-Sep-2014 14:45:35 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2014 14:52:57 by TeeeBOMB

Rallipeikko
Nov Member 2023

Rallipeikko

Posts: 462 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"The messages you receive to notify you when a friend has logged in or out will now disappear after 10 seconds."

Why on earth did you do this? Why didn't you give us an option to turn it on instead of forcing us. Yes, I understand that +75% of players wanted it but it's really annoying when I don't notice that someone logged in/out if I don't happen to be looking at the screen for +10 seconds. Please give us an option to have it like it used to be and everyone will be happy, it's supposed to be a quality of life update after all :)

Thanks for other updates though

11-Sep-2014 14:51:55

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Astralach said :
Is there any chance of Alfie rejoining the team after he has completed his degree?

You'll understand no-one at Jagex can reasonably predict the outcome of a job application nearly a year before the applicant is in a position to decide whether he'll make the application!

Iron Spotty said :
Where are my elemental and mind rune packs :( was really hoping they would come out today since they didnt come last week

In testing.

TeeeBOMB said :
Why are you mess'* w/ my private chat? Did we vote to have disappearing text on our pvt chat?

What you voted for was that login/logout notifications would vanish after 10 secs. If we've broken something else while installing that, perhaps you could use the bug report form to describe what text is disappearing, and when it does it.

Andrew Vin said :
When you told me to submit a bug report, I honestly thought that meant it would never be fixed.

No. Those reports go into a database for our bugtrackers to read. It means you don't have to rely on your thread being seen by the right staff, which is kinda handy for people who post outside of UK office hours!

You'll understand they're not going to be in a position to get into detailed discussions for every bug report if they (1) consider it not to be a bug, or (2) don't quite grasp what's being described, or (3) went looking for the bug and couldn't find it, or even (4) concluded that the bug is best left alone, compared to the consequences of changing it.

In the case of the POH pet house being too tall, Mod John C passed the details on to Mod Alfred, who fixed it. Since neither of them would necessarily have seen the threads on which you'd tried to report it, the bug report form was the most effective way for you to get your message to them.

11-Sep-2014 14:56:15 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2014 15:00:21 by Mod Ash

TeeeBOMB

TeeeBOMB

Mod Ash said :

TeeeBOMB said :
Why are you mess'* w/ my private chat? Did we vote to have disappearing text on our pvt chat?

What you voted for was that login/logout notifications would vanish after 10 secs. If we've broken something else while installing that, perhaps you could use the bug report form to describe what text is disappearing, and when it does it.

Oh ok. Well no, the disappearing stuff in my private chat that I was talking about, was when my friends log In/Out. I didn't realize it was already voted on.

I didn't notice the vote on this one, so I got blind-sided, all of a sudden my friends were online, but I didn't see them log on, lol.

Well if you could maybe put in like a toggle switch would be nice, to turn this feature on or off.

Thanks your quick response, sorry I miss your polls sometimes.

11-Sep-2014 15:05:17

Quick find code: 380-381-95-65476061 Back to Top