Forums

D&I and Quest Speedrunning

Quick find code: 380-381-850-66266263

EggShapedPP
Feb Member 2023

EggShapedPP

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ironic. In one breath, you praise the game for being so far ahead of it's time and explain how you already could be whoever you wanted to be. Then, in another, you lament being forced to change your gender to progress a quest, which makes you feel less safe.

Have you stopped to think that the people complaining about these changes feel exactly the same as you do? That they no longer feel they have a safe space from the insanity of the world? They have to be confronted with ''hip'' politics. I could excuse it, only somewhat ofcourse if I am to remain honest, if the changes were atleast consistent and stopped up to a point, where immersion was being broken.

But that's not the case is it? Look, you're a human just like me, just like all of us. We don't want to hate you. And I hope you don't want to hate us simply because you see us as bigots. But please believe me, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, that these changes in favour of diversity and inclusion are extra insulting because they are not polled and critics of said changes are put away as, well, hateful bigots. Again, we are truly all human and we do not hold believes for the sake of hatred. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't either right?

23-Mar-2023 19:21:57

EggShapedPP
Feb Member 2023

EggShapedPP

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
God bless you man. You and many others see the truth of the matter and are able to present it as such. Jagex literally refuses to understand that they're only shooting themselves in the foot long term. There are so many examples to learn from in the videogame scene. And yet...learn they shan't.

23-Mar-2023 19:27:08

Quick find code: 380-381-850-66266263 Back to Top