Forums

D&I and Quest Speedrunning

Quick find code: 380-381-850-66266263

SkeleBoneZ3

SkeleBoneZ3

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think anyone asked for the changes to Recruitment Drive. If it does go down this route for appeasement, I will at least wait for the "Dark and Darker" game on steam. For the little amount of time that it was available, it was fun.

09-Nov-2022 18:47:40

Starswirls

Starswirls

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess I won't be resubscribing to Runescape after all. This is the same kind of appeasement to a tiny crybaby minority of people that has pushed me out of so many other games I've played over the years.
You desperately chase the approval of an insignificant group of people at the expense of your own product and your other customers, and then you have the gall to take the moral high ground in response to our criticism. The only way you win is by silencing that dissent and doubling down even harder on it, driving still more of us away.

You've violated the very notion of why we even play OldSchool to begin with, and you look upon your irreverence with the giddy glee and self-righteousness of a witch-burner. I hope it was worth it!
You may live to see manmade horrors beyond your comprehension.

09-Nov-2022 20:54:08

R 0d
Oct Member 2021

R 0d

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big ooooooooof Jamflex go woke go broke keep it up.
A Midevil Game set back a long time ago.... is changing lore in game to allign with current politics? Are yall mad? Didnt yall say, "we do not want a small group of people dictating content in this game"?????????????????
BUT THEN TURN AROUND AND LET THE SMALL GAY COMMUNITY DO JUST THAT?????? OOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff lmao

09-Nov-2022 20:55:07

Kev 1n
Jan Member 2017

Kev 1n

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well since my opinion keeps getting me banned on reddit in all the runescape groups so yall wont be able to see it. At least i can do it here.
Stop changing your midevil game to satisfy such a small demographic. Ive had enough of the gays being forced into all the media i want to consume now. Its literally everywhere, Yall are trying to groom and neuter the next generation of men. What yall are doing is a serious problem that will have dire consequences in the future for why? What is yalls issue?
Why do yall have to make me have this conversation with yall. You are not my government, you are not my mom, or related to me in anyway. You do not control what I say and how I feel. Nor will you ever. Yall are playing with fire stop trying to tell people how to live and entertain us. Im not here to be told how to live my life. Im here to be entertained and you are despretely trying to change my mind. Yall are literally instigating arguments and fights for no reason

09-Nov-2022 21:05:13

Zen Out
Feb Member 2024

Zen Out

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wokescape.

Gender politics has no place in my medieval fantasy mmorpg. This has to be the most out of touch decision you’ve made since EoC when you fucked the game up the first time.

I won’t touch this game with a 20 foot stick, thank you for giving me a reason to actually put down RuneScape and not want to touch it again.

Wankers, try adding content instead of dumbass changes nobody asked for
Jagex turning woke and turning the game to **** yet again. I’m actually appalled at this update, gender politics has no place in ******* old school RuneScape you *******. **** off

09-Nov-2022 23:12:07

Icycoldnight

Icycoldnight

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm all for acceptance and the equal treatment of others, but I don't see a reason why we need diversity and inclusion changes in this game. There are Elves, Goblins, Fairies, Demons, Tribesmen, Desert Warriors, Knights, Vampires, Werewolves, etc. Runescape is very diverse by default.

I'm currently on a hiatus due to work, but I play this game with a large group of friends (of diverse backgrounds I'll add) and not a single one of us has a problem with the gameplay that we have all enjoyed for many years. I'm sure I'm not the only one who plays OSRS to relax and temporarily escape the nonsense going on in the world, so I'd prefer the game to stay politically neutral.

I understand it's possible that this is being done with the best of intentions, but you're actively dividing the community by forcing these politically correct changes on the player base. This version of the game has been around for almost 10 years now and there was never a problem. You're searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and causing problems in the process.

I don't know what other changes you have in mind, but all I ask is that you think them through and ask yourselves: "Is this
really
necessary?" before implementing them.

09-Nov-2022 23:50:06

TheCorpyMule

TheCorpyMule

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright, I think for the most part these changes are pretty benign and I can understand... or at least tolerate them well enough... but I have to let it be known that I really worry about the can of worms this has the potential to open up. The subject of diversity and inclusion is an extremely divisive and vitriolic one, when it's handled correctly its no big deal but it's so often botched and ends up creating an endless pit of toxicity that has the potential to destroy the IP that adopted it. I really think not polling these changes and just going ahead with something that unfortunately is inherently political has the potential to really damage the game in the long run. I love this game, and I have seen so many other IPs that I love desecrated by companies just changing things for the sake of doing so to appeal to an audience that simply is not the core of their pre existing and loyal fan base. Again I really hope this is not going to be case here, and maybe it can even bring in some new players... I dont know, but it worries me greatly.

09-Nov-2022 23:52:34

Kijiji
Oct Member 2015

Kijiji

Posts: 56 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why was this not polled? Oh yeah the vote approval wouldn't even hit 10%. You guys at Jagex knew this, that's why this forcefully happened. Inviting woke modern politics to this game is a stain on why this version of RuneScape even exists in the first place.

10-Nov-2022 01:32:07

JimbixRSIM
Apr Member 2023

JimbixRSIM

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1/1

Hey Jagex, if you want to fundamentally destroy your relatively successful business by injecting this woke nonsense into this game, then crack on.

May I ask however, if you're going to head down this road shoving identity/ social politics and woke propaganda down our throats, can it at least make sense in terms of the actual reality the game is based off. For instance, medieval guards were almost exclusively male (as you have rightly depicted in your game for over a decade, until this update). Now you've filled the majority of human run towns with female guards wearing chainmail likes it's a crop top. In what universe would a medieval guard wear armour that leaves their lower torso fully exposed?

Here is a quote from an East Carolina University paper entitled: An Exploration of Conformity to Medieval Male and Female - Roles in the Chronicle of Alfonso X, which highlights the gender roles during the Middle Ages.

"The Middle Ages is often labelled as a patriarchal society because of the
rigid roles that assigned men to the public sphere, and women to the private. Males
dominated feudal society, which was defined by the three orders of society (those who
pray, fight, and work). Men were expected to exude dominance in order to be considered
masculine, in terms of women, war, and authority. Though we know that women
intervened within these orders of society, they were undoubtedly restricted to the private
sphere and left out of the hierarchy. Instead, women were confined to the roles of mother,
widow, or virgin."
https://thescholarship.ecu.edu/bitstream/handle/10342/1701/Laura%20Stoss.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

With the ToM quest, you take over a kingdom through the route of marriage. But the new update now gives the option of taking over a kingdom through friendship. Of all the possible ways a King or Queen can ascend to a Throne, friendship is not one of them. That's just stupid and lazy writing. If you wanted to offer alternative…

10-Nov-2022 01:51:50 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2022 02:09:39 by JimbixRSIM

Quick find code: 380-381-850-66266263 Back to Top