Forums

Devblog: Old School RS Week 1

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259

lil_angel073

lil_angel073

Posts: 48 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've spotted an error in the post: "Remember the poll is still open, and it's outcome will have a big impact on the degree of on-going development support we can offer...". The "it's" should be changed to "its".

26-Feb-2013 11:20:40

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Mod Pips

Perhaps you can clarify then, the "difference" between "maintenence team" and "dev team"?

The "openness" and "clarity" might not come into question.. if the wording wasn't changed (at least once) on the voting situation (posts from jagex).

Y'all were NOT clear.. or the 250k "maintenence team" would be for maintenence (and you wouldn't be asking for player input on how to run polls on maintenence!).

I do hope you remember that with 51% support, you still have 49% of old school players quite unhappy with what you do to this old game!
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

26-Feb-2013 11:47:13

Eyox

Eyox

Posts: 280 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Money pouch.
It's nice, handy, don't have to bank anymore for some cash, extra invent space.
I mean, are there really people who thinks that was a bad update?

- No GE/Gravestones, it makes the game more Hardcore. :D
But it's maybe good if you have to choose what you lose when you die.

- GWD or barrows, else is dragon/fighter torse the best armor in game...

- Untradeable Rares that you can destroy and goes to diango in draynor, allways liked that one. :)

- Filter for quests.

- Left clicking banks.

- Run/prayer/health next to the minimap.

- Right click in chat to reply.

- Auto join the Clan chat when logging in.

- Cheaper way to go to Catherby, Don't have the cash for a boat from Port Sarim.

26-Feb-2013 16:01:15

Nuclear

Nuclear

Posts: 4,586 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1) Remove or update mithril seeds. Imo, this should be top priority seeing what they have done EOC-scape.

2) Give options to 2x/4x up-scale the client window. It's hard on the eyes on modern desktop resolutions.

26-Feb-2013 17:15:03

kiriya aoi

kiriya aoi

Posts: 2,784 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Adjustable game resolution, grimy herbs, tab to reply to pms, bank tabs.

Edit: About mith seeds, if changed they need to follow some set sequence. Changing to just one color would be boring*

**-edit: pathfinding.

26-Feb-2013 17:39:07 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 18:32:19 by kiriya aoi

Ancient Magx

Ancient Magx

Posts: 1,402 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@eyox

We have barrows? What are you talking about? We have d full helm also because we have mithrils. You really should not have opinions about something you don't even understand.

Flowers , they have been this way for as long as I can remember over 8years. They should not change. If you change flowers you may as well do the same thing to the duel arena. It's all gambling they just suck at dueling so they play with pretty flowers. You can accept it or not but we have had gambling sense the beginning.

26-Feb-2013 18:03:25 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 18:12:46 by Ancient Magx

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Firstly, how would you like the community polls to work? For instance, what degree of consensus should be required?"

I think that you should only allow active OSR players to vote in community polls. This is so that no updates enter the game which make regular players unhappy with it and quit playing. After all, it is these players who keep the core of OSR's community alive and without them, the service would probably receive *a lot* less usage.

You could use a variety of factors to determine the activity of an account. For example, looking at the total level of an account, the number of quests completed, the amount of interaction with game content per week and many other things. You could then set thresholds for these and if an account meets or exceeds certain ones, it could then be automatically given the ablility to vote in community polls for content updates. These factors would be calculated by a system and automatically factored into polling pages to decide whether or not an account can have the ability to vote.

Just make sure no polls become biased/rigged by players with no interest in the survival of the game. We don't want damage to happen to this game that will deter away most of the players that actually play it.

26-Feb-2013 18:22:17 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 18:26:47 by Aeroxmaster

lungfishh

lungfishh

Posts: 79 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think if 51% vote for a change, it should be.

Things I want in OSRS:
-Tab to reply to PMs, modern clan system.
-Ability to turn profanity filter off.
-Full Screen, take off roofs option.
-Left click banking, modern bank organization/search.
-Unids to be taken out.
-NO GE! At all!
-Visible HP and World Map as they are in the modern game. I've died like 6 times because I couldn't see my hp. I know it was still my stupidity, but It would be nice.

26-Feb-2013 18:34:30

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259 Back to Top