Forums

Devblog: Old School RS Week 1

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259

F1LTHYTOERAG
Feb Member 2020

F1LTHYTOERAG

Posts: 936 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- nothing wrong with Unids
- Take EoC out focus on o7rs more players have been active on runescape since the entire release of EoC, 3 months after EoC release jagex releases 07 servers the pressure must be there.

- take out mithril seeds
- get rid of dicing
- again focus on this runescape version, or simply put remove the stupid eoc update

26-Feb-2013 18:47:29

Buddha Dude

Buddha Dude

Posts: 3,165 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Firstly, how would you like the community polls to work? For instance, what degree of consensus should be required?

I think an in-game poll would be the best bet and if possible an IP lock to prevent multiple accounts from the same IP address. There's still potential for it to be bypassed, but it will require a lot more work so it could be a natural deterrence. As for the degree of consensus, it's obvious that a clear majority would be best but not 49% to 51%. Preferably a 65% majority of all the players who vote with multiple options so it's not strictly "Do you want this update? yes/no".

- Secondly, what content changes would you like to see shortlisted for the first polls?

The first couple of changes should be improving the overall quality of the community. Removal of content that devalues the community, possible good sportsmanship rules to promote healthy competition rather than "I wr3k3d u s0n!" sort of mentality, and improved chat functionality.

26-Feb-2013 18:48:39

Haligonian

Haligonian

Posts: 1,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like 70-80% for the vote.

And update wise, I don't really want much changed or added to the game content but a bigger screen size and maybe the new style F keys config.

Pathfinder fix would be good.

Also, no GE I doubt you guys would even consider this and I don't think it would get enough votes.

26-Feb-2013 18:58:29 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 19:00:34 by Haligonian

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"- Cheaper way to go to Catherby, Don't have the cash for a boat from Port Sarim."

See Pips, that ^ is the kind of thing this dev team should NOT be considering!

This game doesn't need "cheap" just because people are too lazy to search for (or ask about) other options!

There are THREE ways to get to Catherby (and anybody who was here back then knows it!).

1. Charter ship (yep, spendy if you're just starting out)
2. From Port Sarim pay 30gp to go to Karamja.. thieve the man at the dock on Karamja for another 30gp and walk across Karamja to the customs officer on the Northwest side directly North of the fruit tree patch.
3. Go through Taverly and walk AROUND White Wolf Mountain. That's right.. AROUND it, not over it! There's 2 wolf as you start up the path around it.. save your energy to run past them and walk around it.

They want "quick" and "easy" and when you let this dev team loose on those things which made the game what it was... you might as well agree to let them have a pre-eoc game because you're killing what old school was the very first time you listen to the whining about wanting easier or faster.

Don't do it!
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

26-Feb-2013 19:00:56

The Bug

The Bug

Posts: 6,719 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
75% to pass a poll option.

Get rid of dicing and all this flower game crap. Nobody likes it except the hosts and most of them are scammers anyways.

I don't see why you haven't gotten rid of different colored flowers yet anyways, must just love seeing people get scammed by something so easy to fix.

If anything make the damn things untradable, the seeds are cheap and so are the flowers themselves.

26-Feb-2013 19:35:49

Flame Rider

Flame Rider

Posts: 162 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
im pretty sure everyone well almost everyone would be with me on this but you should make at least an option to put in a resize of current graphics for the screen because pretty much no one has the same sized monitor screen that they had back then now so please at least put it in as an option thanks guys

26-Feb-2013 19:46:07 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 19:47:31 by Flame Rider

John Gotti
May Member 2022

John Gotti

Posts: 3,556 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Topics to Vote for should require 80%+ to pass.

Make flowers a predetermined color.
Make Horses say the same thing
No GWD [Ruined economy]
No Rares
No GE ever
Bigger screens sure
Anti Analising sure
Fix of the backwords running sure
Bank Tab and search also, not very deprimental
Proud 28%er
12 Year Vet. Process Engineer. OSRS only since Day 1.

26-Feb-2013 20:03:05 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2013 20:04:14 by John Gotti

Eyox

Eyox

Posts: 280 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Zaros Puppet

I'm so sorry. :)
I only saw at the skill defence/attack and there was no barrow armor/weapon on it, so I thought there is no barrow armor.
Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand it.

26-Feb-2013 20:52:29

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259 Back to Top