Forums

Devblog: Old School RS Week 1

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259

Nogi

Nogi

Posts: 972 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Something to show us our remaining Bank Space. (Have I just not seen this? I would think this was already in)
- Bank Tabs.
- Bank search option.

I don't see how those 3 can ruin the feel of 2007scape but instead make your bank far easier to navigate and manage. Having one giant page of items is just an eyesore.

25-Feb-2013 16:52:57 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 16:53:49 by Nogi

Iced94

Iced94

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"- Firstly, how would you like the community polls to work? For instance, what degree of consensus should be required?"The option should happen in game so it affects more players, the vote should have a 75% of the community wanting it so it is definitely the majority, and I also feel there should be some sort of total level requirement, perhaps 400/500 (to start with a lower total would be required) as that would mean people who actually play could vote but those who don't really cannot (this will not be needed if we do not reach 500k as we'd have to pay extra to vote anyway) and if we reach 750k only members could vote as f2p voting could skew the votes in an unfair way. "- Secondly, what content changes would you like to see shortlisted for the first polls?"I would love the option to press tab to reply to someone and also fix gambling before it starts please. :D

25-Feb-2013 16:54:50

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A bit of housekeeping to get out of the way...

1. Make a new website for EOC, and change its name to whatever
2. Hire an outside firm to conduct all polls. Your poll reading ability got us into this mess.
3. Don't touch anything

Pretty easy right?

25-Feb-2013 16:57:47

Heidly Ees
Jun Member 2023

Heidly Ees

Posts: 5,484 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Firstly, how would you like the community polls to work? For instance, what degree of consensus should be required?

I think the polls should be mandatory on login. You can choose "yes" "no" "don't care" or "remind me later", which will make the pop-up reappear on the next login. A majority positive or neutral vote means it's put through, simple as.
I'm just a man; I'm not a hero.
Just a boy who had to sing this song.

25-Feb-2013 17:04:09

Chris B
Oct Member 2019

Chris B

Posts: 4,669 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Firstly, how would you like the community polls to work? For instance, what degree of consensus should be required?

I would like to see the community poles on the page when you log in so that EVERY player will need to put in his/her input. When you have polls, the people who are extremely for something tend to vote whereas if some people don't like it they may not vote. Having it on the login screen would make it so that everyone would vote.

- Secondly, what content changes would you like to see shortlisted for the first polls?

Content? None. Except for removal of gambling.
Bug fixes? Yes
Chris B

My pm is always on if y'all need anything

25-Feb-2013 17:09:52

Ms Glamazon

Ms Glamazon

Posts: 3,448 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
like the guy said on the first page i can care less about herbs being identifiable. Its actually a good thing to prevent scammers. More scammers arent what the community need so im with him about doing something with the flowers and gambling. And also small fixes to for good ergonomics. I am not asking for ge or gwd. Just small fixes to ensure good ergonomics for the players.

As far as the poll a simple poll will do one positive and one negative field. Nothing like the eoc survey with biased questions. E.g. (I like the ge and the bankstanding but i hate it or gambling is bad but its totally awesome.) Please stay away from questions like these when taking a poll. Just say make gambling against the rules...yes or no.

25-Feb-2013 17:19:38 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 17:20:48 by Ms Glamazon

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,593 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
" TheJLC
Forum Mod
25-Feb-2013 14:48:34 Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 14:48:46 by The***

A substantial majority of around 80-85% should determine consensus in the vote. But that's just my opinion. "

- I agree with that wholeheartedly. One of the reasons 2007 is hitting off so well so far is because players enjoy the content of the game during that time.

As far as question #2, -" Secondly, what content changes would you like to see shortlisted for the first polls?"

There are minor improvements which could be made such as a similar chat messaging system as the EOC version of the game, effectively making PMs easier to respond to.

Additionally, the inclusion of holiday items is something that is very important to many players as holiday items are historical. Perhaps asking in the poll whether they should be in the game at all, how they should be obtained, whether or not they should or should not be tradable would be a good question to ask as well.

Thanks for the update Pips.

:)
Forum Moderator

25-Feb-2013 17:20:07 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 17:23:58 by Theos

Ms Glamazon

Ms Glamazon

Posts: 3,448 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i agree with aristophanis and his quote from Thejlc chats need help i end up standing in eoc lobby just to talk to clan members who refuse to have anything to do with OSRS. I asked them to join my friends chat some of them are so bitter they refuse. So a friends chat and clan chat update is very important keep us from logging into eoc while being unable to access or friends list on the OSRS. And best of all communication with clan which citadel is in eoc.

25-Feb-2013 17:26:47

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259 Back to Top