Forums

Devblog: Old School RS Week 1

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259

Nefarious
Jan Member 2024

Nefarious

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
- Firstly, On the OSRS website, make a poll, make polls every week, until the end/mid march, and from then on, make them once a month
- Secondly, I'd love to see a search option and tabs in the bank. Put HP, prayer, and Run energy near minimap and if you can, rest feature, if not, make run regen quicker

25-Feb-2013 16:30:11

REDFISH

REDFISH

Posts: 1,111 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
da Viincii

I don't like this "regular business", once a week and once a month and so on. I think that demands from the community is what should decide the regularity.

I also think that we should be extremely careful with all updates and "improvements" that has to do with making the game easier. Such as Rest and faster energy recovery. Updates that's making the game easier are the ones which ultimately led to the disaster of a game we have today.

25-Feb-2013 16:33:25 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2013 16:34:58 by REDFISH

1st Imp

1st Imp

Posts: 183 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
first of all i would like to say this update of the 2007 servers are one of the biggest and best update ever since i played RS back in 2006!

I think the % of 75 is good voting % to decide wether the update can go live yes or no. And i think the way to decide this is by chosing it after u logg in to the systeem.

Updates that i think is sould be on are:

- the HP of your caracter next to the minimap
- the richtclick to the bank option is kind of annoying :S
- add bank tabs to organize ur bank like the current Live game

Last one and biggest update that i would like to see is that the players may get the choise of chosing between playing OS runescape of Eoc Runscape with all there items, money and skills! since it took me years to get so far! and i think that its kinda of disapionted to start all over againnnnn.... :)

25-Feb-2013 16:38:58

Ghosttalon
Oct Member 2020

Ghosttalon

Posts: 6,596 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My thoughts on consensus.

Most of us who remember and are enjoying OS, want very little change. ANY possible changes should be done slowly and with careful consideration and input beforehand.

Ideally, a true update (adding something new) would have overwhelming community support. In other words, consensus on doing such an update could not rely on a simple majority vote. 51%/49% votes and we would get the update, which would unnecessarily divide the community. A 2/3 majority would be the minimum I would find acceptable. At that point, 67%, most of us clearly would want whatever it was under consideration.

Thanks for asking for our input.

25-Feb-2013 16:43:42

Patrickdev

Patrickdev

Posts: 65 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the updates. I really like to be kept in the loop regarding your activities.

Polls should only be accessible to those who play the oldschool RuneScape. People who don't play shouldn't have a say in what's going to happen to the game. I feel a strong majority needs to be present in order for a vote to pass. Perhaps around 75%?

As for the second question, I don't really feel a lot needs to be changed. What some people consider annoying, brings back memories for me. Having to go to the stats screen to view your hitpoints/prayer details, agility taking ages to regenerate, receiving unidentified herbs, having no G.E., it's all part of the experience for me. High wilderness level pking wouldn't be the same with a lot of energy regeneration!

Regardless, to answer your question, I believe that some issues need to be addressed, mainly concerning the community, not so much the content of the game:
- Cross-game trading. It should be at least against the rules. I understand you can't monitor it heavily, but people following me offering me a lot of EOC money annoys me.
- Gambling. Items such as mithril seeds could be either changed or removed to reduce the players trying to rip other players off. It should be a friendly environment, not one in which people try to make money off other people.

25-Feb-2013 16:46:20

Qeltar

Qeltar

Posts: 14,948 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Something simple that I'd appreciate. There used to be a way to not show roofs on buildings. The roofs make it very hard to click into buildings with closed doors.

This was always in the old RS but was removed for some reason in this incarnation. I think the roofs are part of the new graphics, the rest of which were removed but the roofs are still here.

Any chance we could get an option to disable them again?

25-Feb-2013 16:48:51

Ernie Loco
Jul Member 2006

Ernie Loco

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really care how the polls are administered, but I'd like to see a HIGH level of consensus before any changes are made. I'd set the bar at like 75% approval for any updates.

So obviously, any polls of this sort must have the option to vote yes or no (and as has been pointed out, a "don't care" option wouldn't be a bad idea either). And running the poll from inside OSRS is a good idea too, to prevent non-players from dictating the future of OSRS.

25-Feb-2013 16:51:21

Quick find code: 380-381-71-65448259 Back to Top