Forums

Equipment Rebalancing Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218

Loliskrt

Loliskrt

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's nice to see you've gone back on changes like the face guard, thank you! I don't understand what you're doing with the blowpipe. You're nerfing it and then increasing the range requirements on it? Then you're talking about a crystal bow heavy buff?

You're creating a massive hole in the meta whilst saying "we'll poll the fix later dont worry teheh"
urhm, pog?

26-Jan-2021 15:44:16 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2021 17:04:30 by Loliskrt

Millar7

Millar7

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It seems except the face guard you are completely ignoring what the community want you are nerfing the blow pipe so u can do a raids 3 and have a new range weapon cost 1 bill plus. Still do not understand why you are nerfing black d hide its magic defensive should stay the same at the very least its the combat triangle.

26-Jan-2021 15:55:11

General Yoda
Nov Member 2019

General Yoda

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still dont see the point in nerfing the blowpipe and d hide armor like that. you should take 10 range strength off the blowpipe and maybe 1 each off the darts but not like that man. Why reduce the dhide armor by half? why can't you just do like 10-15% but no you wanna take it all, thats some crazy stuff man, can't believe you're still going to go through with this!

26-Jan-2021 16:08:10

Aladinxs2
Feb Member 2024

Aladinxs2

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I dont agree to increase the Blowpipes' level requirement in the same moment when indicating its going to be usable only for low level foes.

Just doesnt make much sense to me.

Increasing a requirement should indicate a useability for higher tier bosses and reducing the requirements should indicate the usability at lower tier bosses respectively.

For example: I liked to slay cave horrors with the blowpipe in my early days on osrs. A typical scenario where it would not loose much of its power.

why to punish the newer, lower lvl players now by adding a higher req. to hunt the same low lvl creatures? wouldn't it make more sense to lower the req. level for the blowpipe whilst lowering its accuracy / damage?

26-Jan-2021 16:10:00 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2021 16:13:35 by Aladinxs2

Neko Inori
Mar Member 2024

Neko Inori

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly, glad you listened on the faceguard, but the hides, i agree with some stuff ive seen. There are 3 tier 7 range armours. Those being Karils, Black D'Hides and Arma, the problem with nerfing the blessed hides and the black dhides is the fact that, well, karils and crystal both degrade, crystal is locked behind a quest that is basically base 70 requirements and is therefore useless for a lot of mid game players, especially ironmen accounts. Karils for low levels, and irons is not a feasable option for a while because cost to repair is to great. the pvp world needs to quit crying about this. Like, wheres the filler if you nerf it? are you going to change the fact it requires level 70 defence AND 70 range to wear it after you nerf it? My personal thoughts are just adjust the way karils and arma scales. The majority of your game is PvM. Listen to the majority on this please, the pkers who think its op should really take a back seat here.

26-Jan-2021 16:11:11 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2021 16:13:13 by Neko Inori

Rankaisija

Rankaisija

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you even thought what kind of harm would the warhammer update cause to free-to-play PvP? The reason why F2p pking is still active after all these years is the fact that the usable gear has got only very small updates, like the hill giant club (same requirements and str bonus as rune 2h), energy potions, snare etc. Especially returning players can hop quite easily to fight in the Wilderness because pretty much everything is just as it was over 15 years ago.

Making warhammers require only 1 attack would be a massive change because the meta would be then of course 100% members-world factured 1 attack pures instead of traditional ranged-to-2h'ers.

This is why I would suggest that if you really have to make warhammers require 1 attack, change them into members only weapons then. They have no use anyway in f2p.

26-Jan-2021 16:11:37

CautionReq

CautionReq

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why are you still talking about the crystal armour? its trash. im not giving up armdyl for that horrid looking shitpile. that you have to replace 4 slots. give up on it leave it.
Create something better were we dont have to give up on existing items. create another bow that can use armor penatrating arrows or something.

id rather take the nerfed blowpipe to high defence enemys then wear crystal armour and bow.

there so much unique weapons for melee all good for something. ranged has nothing. work on some variety...

26-Jan-2021 16:12:00

Dex Faith
Dec Member 2023

Dex Faith

Posts: 59 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the updated equipment balances. However, I am and have always been a big fan of the crystal bow, and would love to see it come back to the meta. I think it would be amazing to see harmonized, eldritch, and volatile bowstrings as items to be added to the crystal bow, just as the orbs can be added to the nightmare staff for similar effect. These "loaded" crystal bows could have a higher stat requirement than the base crystal bow (again, just like the nightmare staff). Maybe these bowstrings could be raids 3 rewards?

26-Jan-2021 16:13:24

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218 Back to Top