Forums

Equipment Rebalancing Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218

Hyper Craft

Hyper Craft

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL! I am livid with the current osrs team thinking they can pass some of these crucial changes WITHOUT POLLING!

I understand the argument for equipment changes and balancing, but at the end of the day, this team made a promise to the osrs community from the beginning that any substantial changes to the game will be polled.

You changing black d hide stats, an item that has been in the game for nearly 2 flipping decades, IS AN ABOMINATION!

You all should take comments like mine seriously, because it feels like you have stopped caring what your veterans feel and think in trade for new players! SHAME ON YOU!

27-Jan-2021 16:28:45

Hyper Craft

Hyper Craft

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL! I am livid with the current osrs team thinking they can pass some of these crucial changes WITHOUT POLLING!

I understand the argument for equipment changes and balancing, but at the end of the day, this team made a promise to the osrs community from the beginning that any substantial changes to the game will be polled.

You changing black d hide stats, an item that has been in the game for nearly 2 flipping decades, IS AN ABOMINATION!

You all should take comments like mine seriously, because it feels like you have stopped caring what your veterans feel and think in trade for new players! SHAME ON YOU!

27-Jan-2021 16:28:46

N0 Dads Kev

N0 Dads Kev

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerfing dhins bulwark further kills a dying wilderness. As a player who primarily participated in PVP at this point in the game I wholeheartedly disagree with winey pkers who complain about bulwark. Currently a lot of people bring little to no risk to the wilderness seemingly as they los rev caves rag bolters have taken to the rest of the wilderness. One of the amazing things about bulwark from a pker and a pvm standpoint is that now with this shield you feel safe. For a few mill you feel almost unkillable. Now this is not true you are not unkillable. It now requires a little better rng but I can kill mains with bulwark on my zerk sometimes. The item only increases the gp value of a kill. Between nerfing black dhide and bulwark in one foul swoop I don’t feel like the understanding of the change to the items in correlation to one another can be understood. IF you must nerf dhide (I don’t think dhide is the issue I truly believe that it is magic accuracy that needs a full rework with a focus on the armor) then nerf it and let the bulwark follow later. This item only has two places in the entire game being turiel skipping and the wilderness. A duel nerf to bulwark and hides will only decrease the overall risk in the wilderness and prove to further kill the content for more of the community.

27-Jan-2021 16:49:44

GAB1N
Dec Member 2020

GAB1N

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think these changes had been a long time coming. The blowpipe being the meta for everything is OBVIOUSLY not the way a game should be played. Variety is the spice of life, and it encourages the use of other weapons that have been accumulating dust. In particular, I would like to focus on the Crystal Bow buff, since it's an iconic item, very representative of OLD SCHOOL RuneScape, and it was a shame that it had been lost in oblivion for so long. Considering an upgrade to the Crystal Bow such as a "Crystal Quiver" to add to make the arrows stronger or the bow faster would be good, or even the possibility of adding option to use different arrows with special effects, or a special attack. All of this would be nice, making this bow very competitive with other ranged armour, and hopefully the meta for some things when using the whole set of armour since it's currently both hard to get/upkeep and also below average in terms of DPS against EVERYTHING.

27-Jan-2021 17:22:52

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The more I think about it, the more irritated I am, especially with black dhide.

Nobody ever quit this game because of the stats on black dhide. Nobody. It doesn't pose a risk to the "long term health" of the game if it's been that way for the last 16 years. This cannot be passed off as a 'game integrity change', if Jagex wants to fundamentally alter content that's been around since 2004, that must be polled.

Furthermore - this is the *exact* sort of heavy-handed "we don't care if you don't like it, we're going to do it anyway" attitude that almost destroyed the game twice - with wilderness removal and then again with EOC.

The single best decision Jagex has ever made was to effectively erase 6 years of content by creating OSRS. That should have been a very humbling experience - things had become so dreadful that the best possible path forward was to grab a giant eraser. What we have today is a return of old (bad) habits. Please don't go down this path again.

27-Jan-2021 18:04:49

Mr-Wildstar

Mr-Wildstar

Posts: 753 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The black d hide, and the rest of the d hide nerf. While I can see why due to the cheap cost. Will make ranged tank builds much less viable. Unless they risk mils against a pker with 200k-400k risk. Just to be on par with the changed stats...Kinda ruining a build here.

I am willing to suck it up. But I'd like a new mid-tier Niche filling armor set. that would be worth 250k-500k in high alch value. So one is bound to risk akin to or slightly more than a melee in rune, fighter torso set.

And the set I'd Like to propose is Croc-splint gear.

The requirements for the set is 80-85 defence. while needing 70 ranged. the set contains the boots, chaps, top, and cap.

Stats. for the Croc-splint gear set

Offense: akin to black d' hide. But gives a good penalty to melee and magic accuracy. preventing the gear from being Op. (Again Niche filler gear,)

Defense: Melee defence bonus. akin to obsidian armor, or Samurai armor. The magic def bonus is only as good as Green d' hide. So it is a ranged armor better suited against melee combat. But fairs not so well to magic users.

No prayer bonus. Nor Range strength bonus.

Something that can replace the mid-tier d hide that will become low tier. But also to avoid it being op. nor super dead content. (Think of the magic gear set split-bark. not as good for magic offense. but sports melee def bonus.)

Suggestions would be nice. to tweek it or what not?

27-Jan-2021 18:07:17

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is evoking a strong response from many people, as we've all invested substantial amounts of time into runescape. We've all seen this show before, and we know how it goes when Jagex starts making poorly-thought-out and highly unpopular changes.

For me, across my various accounts I had something like 250 days of total time played when Jagex unilaterally rendered the game unplayable with EOC. I felt really bitter about that, the instant and total destruction of a place where I had spent basically all of my free time during my teenage years by a company that really didn't care about their player base.

When OSRS came out, the only reason I came back was because I was convinced that Jagex had sincerely learned their lesson.

Today, I'm seeing the start of the same behavior that ruined the game last time. Put it to a poll! I don't care what your spreadsheet says, let us vote .

Ignore your player base, lose your player base.

27-Jan-2021 18:26:33

grotbag24
Feb Member 2019

grotbag24

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Jagex,

In response to your recent newsthread, as requested, here is my feedback:

Would you be happy for another unique to be added to the Gauntlet to upgrade the Crystal Bow?

Yes, this is fine.

Should the current blowpipe remain as it is but with a potentially higher cost upgrade?

Yes, there are so many tasks in game that have built over time around the blowpipe (such as the fight caves). I think, like the granite maul ornate handle, an expensive, tradeable attachment should enter the game. This shouldn't necessarily buff the blowpipe to the stats it has now, but certainly a lot closer.

Or would you prefer to see a new Ranged weapon come from new future content, such as Combat Achievements or something entirely new?

N/A, I prefer the idea of an 'ornate handle attachment' idea - This has worked well for the g maul, so hopefully would for the blowpipe (though bp doesn't tend to get risked in pvp so much, thereby meaning the upgrade should be far more expensive - at least several million gp).

As for some of the other changes - changing stat requirements to make t80 weapons etc. - works well, good idea!

Neitznot Faceguard - thank you for not changing this, it really would have made it null and void - this would be disappointing as I was excited when it was released and saved for a good while for one. It is only one strength bonus difference - but I always have a serp helm and faceguard in the bank and vary use according to the scenario!

Leave all current Personal Best kills times as they are!! Soo many players have worked so long and hard to earn those times, there would be an uproar if you removed them!!! This would be like saying 'well done for achieving a pet, now we're going to take it away'. Yes, you can add items to make these times viable again, but don't wipe away all that hard work, it simply wouldn't be fair.

Kind Regards,

Grotbag24!
grotbag24

27-Jan-2021 18:36:30

grotbag24
Feb Member 2019

grotbag24

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Jagex,

In response to your recent newsthread, as requested, here is my feedback:

Would you be happy for another unique to be added to the Gauntlet to upgrade the Crystal Bow?

Yes, this is fine.

Should the current blowpipe remain as it is but with a potentially higher cost upgrade?

Yes, there are so many tasks in game that have built over time around the blowpipe (such as the fight caves). I think, like the granite maul ornate handle, an expensive, tradeable attachment should enter the game. This shouldn't necessarily buff the blowpipe to the stats it has now, but certainly a lot closer.

Or would you prefer to see a new Ranged weapon come from new future content, such as Combat Achievements or something entirely new?

N/A, I prefer the idea of an 'ornate handle attachment' idea - This has worked well for the g maul, so hopefully would for the blowpipe (though bp doesn't tend to get risked in pvp so much, thereby meaning the upgrade should be far more expensive - at least several million gp).

As for some of the other changes - changing stat requirements to make t80 weapons etc. - works well, good idea!

Neitznot Faceguard - thank you for not changing this, it really would have made it null and void - this would be disappointing as I was excited when it was released and saved for a good while for one. It is only one strength bonus difference - but I always have a serp helm and faceguard in the bank and vary use according to the scenario!

Leave all current Personal Best kills times as they are!! Soo many players have worked so long and hard to earn those times, there would be an uproar if you removed them!!! This would be like saying 'well done for achieving a pet, now we're going to take it away'. Yes, you can add items to make these times viable again, but don't wipe away all that hard work, it simply wouldn't be fair.

Kind Regards,

Grotbag24!
grotbag24

27-Jan-2021 18:36:32

Exisle

Exisle

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the problem with the blowpipe is how CHEAP it is relative to its power...? So rather than address the issue of WHY it's so cheap (hmm idk maybe 6 YEARS of zulrah bots :| ) we instead have to nerf it?

A question though, if say, Sara godwars became heavily botted and the armadyl crossbow price dropped to 3m; would this then also require a "rebalancing nerf"?

My opinion: You want to push the crystal bow so much...make the crystal bow to shortbow speed instead of more % damage boosts... if there is a situation where I can just use a crossbow (with offhand, spec, AND bolt specs) for the same speed as crystal bow, then why wouldn't I?

27-Jan-2021 19:49:59

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218 Back to Top