Forums

Equipment Rebalancing Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218

Star Eternal
Apr Member 2022

Star Eternal

Posts: 135 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
16.4 years on this account; A few years after my first.

BLOWPIPE:

There's no BP replacement for inferno. That strains supplies significantly, making it MUCH harder.
HALVE the scales attained from all methods
, and you already make blowpipe too costly for general purpose.

CURRENTLY 1,235,600 GP/H to BP Dragon darts.
652,400 GP/H for Rune.

Lower tier dart DPS reductions are fine. It should
retain DPS for rune & dragon darts
, or you have made these items pointless. Who is going to pay
HUGE
consumable costs for
LOWER DPS
than alternatives????

DOUBLE SCALE CONSUMPTION / HALVE SCALES ATTAINED =
BLOWPIPE TOO EXPENSIVE =
BLOWPIPE FIXED

Consumption / Degrading costs already cause barrows/scythe/magic infrequency. Provide a BP-similar item from the new raid without consumption, easy.

================================================================

BULWARK / DHIDE:

I use the Bulwark to train prayer at the Chaos Altar.
It has no use in PvM.

In Armadyl & Bulwark, praying Augury & Protect mage, 99 Magic & Def, I have been frozen repeatedly to death MANY times - unable to do anything.

You already needlessly remove MDEF from D-hide,
despite RANGE intending to COUNTER MAGE.
These nerfs make
ancients magic inescapable
. The Bulwark is only used in the wildy to survive. Being frozen = dead.

Now it also has no use in PvP?

Just delete the item; you're making it useless.

27-Jan-2021 02:29:28

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support a blowpipe nerf. But guess what? First of all, it should be polled.

Second of all, even if you were going to force it down our throats, at least don't have a dozen different separate issues going on at once. These are distractions. Things like the warhammer buff deserve to be polled. Attack speed changes need to be polled. All these little things are meant to draw attention away from how much changes are being implemented. It makes it hard to consolidate discussions. It makes it hard to see how many people are for/against what.

Now a beta has been hastily shoved out. For who? Players don't want this. The game doesn't need this. Why tighten up the combat triangle on dragonhide.. and then loosen it on chain armor? Why not remove the str bonus from climbing boots at this rate. The goals of these proposed changes do not align with long term longevity of the game. They align with short-term appeasement of a subsection of the pvp community.

If you want to force some integrity changes, you should start with yourselves.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

27-Jan-2021 03:02:41

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instazome said :
Please reconsider the Bulwark nerf. It is as rare a COX reward as Dragon Claws, and you see how low its cost already is due to its lack of usefulness. To do this, it will be just a junk drop from COX. Why create dead content?

Having defensive stats means players are less likely to instantly drop you in the wilderness, so obviously it needs to be nerfed.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

27-Jan-2021 03:04:25

Blue02

Blue02

Posts: 456 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm dropped into a new world.
The contrast hurts my eyes.
Adventurers are screaming all around me.
I walk for what seems like forever.
Step 674, 675, 676...
Near the end is a sign.
" Over half of those surveyed didn't get polled"

27-Jan-2021 03:17:07

I Rule 75

I Rule 75

Posts: 973 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I was expecting much more after seeing the backlash, especially that a majority of the community does not want any of the changes. Everything should be polled... which coincidentally is why I came back to the game, with players actually having a voice.

Months later In swift kick im miles away from doing a lot of bossing content because of the extreme pricing of other options. Content that other's were able to enjoy for ample time periods, and now Mid-Levels just have to kick rocks? Really a shame

27-Jan-2021 03:50:43

Sanotsuto
Mar Member 2014

Sanotsuto

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Their reason for blasting the blowpipe into the ground is partially listed as "everyone uses it", but once you stomp it down, the next best piece of cheap but decent equipment will become "what everyone uses" because there will always be a best option that isn't a 1b tbow. Jagex should have taken a more conservative nerf approach and tested that in the beta world and tweaked it to "more nerfed" if it was still "too op", not just stomped it down from the get go.

27-Jan-2021 03:52:14

Steelman87

Steelman87

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Officially quit. Just sold all my stuff and disputed the charge on my credit card. I hope Jagex fails miserably.

I came back to this game because the community was supposed to decide what changes happened, and spent hundreds of hours getting my total level above 2000. All that was a complete waste of time.

This is just the beginning. Everyone stop wasting your time and quit before it becomes EOC again.

27-Jan-2021 04:05:19

Hankhenry1

Hankhenry1

Posts: 515 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know, when I first started playing oldschool runescape, I wanted Jagex to just leave it as it is... partially out of fear that Jagex would push some change in.. and partially because I loved the oldschool feel/difficulty. I was more than ok with the decision to make it community driven, though, since I knew the community would have our back (there's a bit of mistrust because of the changes of... removing wilderness/free trade... and EOC in rs3). I loved this game, and loved that Jagex respected the community for once. I can't say I fully agree with the degree that we've voted to change this game, but... it still was democratic and still had somewhat of an oldschool feel. It makes me really sad to see this same elitist "we know better than you" behavior manifesting again. Ultimately the community is just as much a part of the game, and to undermine polling.. even once... will be its real death. Maybe this is on purpose... they're trying to get us to quit so they can be like... hey guys... we messed up... lets start over again? I don't know... but what I do know is... if a major update like this gets pushed in without a poll it'll be the end of runescape for me and I'm sure for many others permanently. Such a shame.

27-Jan-2021 04:44:19

xoxoverdose

xoxoverdose

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still agree with the desperate need for a change to the blowpipe, it really has become the only way for most people (myself included) to do most PvM given the cost of better tier weapons. I feel like the changes are in a good direction but still need some tweaking. Lowering the overall stats of the blowpipe itself while raising it's level requirement doesn't make much sense. It's continuously compared to the crystal bow and armadyl crossbow, which are both t70 weapons, so why not lower it's requirement down to t70 aswell. This way you could better argue for the accuracy reduction without having it's level requirement contradict it. Also, keeping the blowpipe nerfed stats the same while changing the darts will still be a huge nerf overall to the weapon. The majority of people use adamant darts because rune and dragon are too expensive to consistently use, opting to only use them in certain places or just not at all. Buffing rune and dragon dart damages so much will just raise their cost even more, making them more likely to be unused by mid-high level players that don't have much money to spend. Which means the majority of people will still use adamant darts just as they do now.

I respect your dedication to the idea of the crystal armour effect being useful, but the truth is that in most cases people won't wear the full set just to use the bow. I personally can't think of any boss situation where I would want to wear it over armadyl/god d'hide, especially since a lot of bossing content makes use of a slayer helm, effectively making wearing the armour over the slayer helm bonus a flat downgrade. Perhaps a buff to just the crystal bow itself could make it more useable without being tied to having to use the armour aswell and then stronger if used with it, or possibly add in some way to combine the crystal helm with a black mask to make it usable on slayer tasks but only at certain places given the lack of earmuff/nosepeg etc.

27-Jan-2021 05:08:43

Quick find code: 380-381-688-66200218 Back to Top