Forums

The State of PvP Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411

JoaoNoFind

JoaoNoFind

Posts: 2,636 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"When a player has been teleblocked there currently isn't a way to
tell when them when
their teleblock timer has run out. The proposed change is to make a chat box message, similar to when potion effects run out, to let the player know when they are able to teleport again."

"Starting defence level has been increase from 70 to 75."

Just thought I'd let the people know.

13-May-2019 22:16:21

Malak

Malak

Posts: 336 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with these PvP changes!!

Gmaul nerf, black d hide nerf, f2p tb, wilderness slayer keys, buffed prot prayers....

You guys really hit the mark here.

I think I could forgive jagex for all past and future mistakes if these changes go through correctly.

One thing I'd like to add is increasing max level disparity if there aren't many targets (to allow one to kill bots more easily mainly, and prevent kill trading) [in bounty hunter]

Another is making impling jars not lost on death so I can pk those people at puro puro and profit

13-May-2019 22:27:29

Crumby

Crumby

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Really hope that the G maul Nerf doesn't come to a poll. This weapon has an entire subculture in osrs attached to it. Please for the love of god do not go down that road. G.maul pking and combo-ing is an art form.

13-May-2019 23:07:54

iTz RaDiaNT

iTz RaDiaNT

Posts: 452 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I LOVE this new Wildy Key Update!!!! that will be so much FUN!! the wilderness should liven up for those keys!! :) I hope there are Good rewards! also, the PVP Max cape kills for more GP is A great Idea! HIGH-Risk PVP! Ftw!
Trading Higher Tear emblems might not be such a good idea due to the emblem bots. Colorblind mode!!! Great Idea! :)

What a great update and Soon to be Polls! Hope to see this soon!
-Best regards iTzRaDiaNT
Need help? Payments and Memberships
I am Online 24/7
I have over 20 years Experience: Or PM me IN game / Discord# David 09876

13-May-2019 23:10:43

lllyrian

lllyrian

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeing the suggestions to "fix" PvP and the introduction of Warding I am personally moving closer to quitting the game. The drastic RS3 style combat changes as well as un-polled updates were enough to make majority of the player base quit back then, as will be the case with these current suggestions.

1. Granite Maul being overpowered? If you're a low level pure maybe. The problem isn't granite maul, it's the fact that trying to learn P2P pking is nearly impossible due to being up against players that have pked for thousands of hours. There aren't as many noobs as back in 2007, so pking is definitely going to be more challenging.

Nerfing a weapon is NOT the solution to the problem in pking. If this is to be implemented, might as well just remove all special attacks altogether.

2. Black Dragonhide Nerf

Unnecessary, lowering the magic defense of black dragonhide will impact pvmers, and new pkers to the point where any AHK brid will be able to easily kill anyone. Just because a few addicts cried on youtube and reddit doesn't mean we need to ruin existing equipment. If people want to tri-brid they shouldn't do it in salad robes or ghostly's. Black D'hide is the only chance most people have against being frozen every barrage.

3. Wilderness Slayer Keys

Good idea, but this just puts PVMERs against PKERs. The keys should be rewarded as an anti-pking reward, as an extra drop for killing the pker that attacks you on task.

4. Imp Box? Leave it alone.

5. TB cancelling when the TBER is killed? This sounds like a good idea, but it may be abused by clans that suicide their own TBER.

Overall was expecting some re-invigorating PVP suggestions, not the horrible ideas that were thrown at us in this post. I'm disappointed again Jagex.

You did excellent with the Rev Caves, go that route, not nerfing everything.

13-May-2019 23:17:15

Canadian xD
Jul Member 2017

Canadian xD

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2 major things that you need to add to the non polling section 1 will be for singles and 1 will be multi... first thing for singles pking on every world add a pj timer. second talk about a toxic/cancer weapon in multi you may be familiar with an item that cost 1k and is a very easy quest to obtain, can smite any item no matter of what value it is whether it is a dragon dagger or dragon claws etc... Wait for it oh my god it is the famous ancient mace! please remove the ability to use the ancient mace special attack in the wilderness. If you do these 2 simple changes that would improve the wilderness for both single and multi immensely. Thanks

14-May-2019 00:29:36

Big DingBong

Big DingBong

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YES nerf the g maul, insta death from full hp is not fun! It can still be used with other weapons like a dragon dagger to gmaul, but at least it's not instant death on a pure, and not ags to maul for also instant death. hell yes on this one!

as for the other changes i'm also on board, maybe not 60% for overheads, but 50%.

Make the grotesque guardians drop the maul attachment, this would also be really nice for the pvmers, win win. finally make the irritating rushers actually risk more than 30k!

14-May-2019 00:57:46

Posts: 925 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nubby Nubnub said :
"Make teleblock spell F2P
To encourage more people to try out PKing in F2P we want to allow them to access the teleblock spell as it is a key component in PKing as such, the spell will become F2P."

This was polled multiple times and always failed by quite a large margin. It is clear that the community doesn't want this to happen. Why is this listed as an 'integrity change'?

I don't see how this will attract more people into the Wilderness. If anything, it'll drive even more people away from it.

Yeah, the community also voted to keep in 6 hour afk. Some things should've been classified as integrity from the very beginning.
Don't solely bash risky drop tables and not the risk-free ones then wonder why the JGods shut your opinions out when analyzing why PvP polls never pass.

14-May-2019 01:57:53

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Angel2D4 said :
pcptester said :
Something that failed a poll 4 times is now an "integrity change." Was it not the point of OSRS that we'd be able to vote on all changes?

FWIW I would happily vote yes to making teleblock F2P, but I cannot support anything that significant being unpolled.

It isn't that I disagree with your position on the f2p teleblock, but..

The only "point" of OS was to regain lost players from a massive screw up.

Polls? Shouldn't have happened in the first place. There was nowhere near enough votes in that initial poll to support polls being added.

Now, it appears that jagex is 'taking over' and will simply call whatever an "integrity fix" (though at this point I can't imagine why anyone would be surprised at something like this).

They know something would never pass a poll (in this instance they've polled and watched it fail multiple times) but they want it in the game anyway and it's really nothing more than a middle finger to ALL the people playing that voted NO (multiple times, even).

Jagex is nothing.. if not consistant.. and players don't need to "support" what jagex wants. They've repeatedly proven this.

They don't seem to realise that this time, there is no 'do over'. They're too busy milkin' that cow to see anything beyond what THEY want. Consequences be damned.

Way to go jagex. I knew you still had it in ya to royally muck up this one too. gratz.
Once again, those were clearly minimums. Everyone knew that lmfao. Imagine being so upset about a game prospering that you stick around hoping for them to screw up. I am glad that you agree that they shouldn't have polled f2p teleblock in the first place!
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

14-May-2019 03:05:22

4ev

4ev

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So overall, I like the proposed changes.

However, there are a few I have concerns with. I'll list them in the order they showed up on the blog.

First, imp boxes. What is the purpose in these remaining as an item then? There's not many uses for an imp box beyond banking in the wilderness. The boxes themselves cost a decent chunk of change, so the fact they are upto 2 remote banking is fairly mitigated when you consider they aren't trade-able and you have to drop the box afterwards to reclaim that inv space. Alongside this change, make the imp take the box with it on the last use, if you really feel the desire to push it through. At least then there'd be some limited niche uses still.

Teleblock F2p - it's been polled multiple times. While I agree it would be beneficial to f2p PKing, I don't think just stepping on the player bases toes like this is the best approach. I'm not sure what you should actually do in this case, but forcing it in isn't the answer, it will lead to a lot of the player base feeling alienated, since it was polled 4x.

Clear TB when TB'er dies - This will hurt TB'ing in multi, quite a bit. Maybe make it so if the TB'er dies, you can teleport again if you make it to singles (if that's possible), since 9 times out of 10, if you make it to singles, you can get a box until you can tele anyway, so it will have minimal impact on the overall meta of clan PKing. Otherwise, this will lead to TB'ers getting targeted even more than they already do, which would be unfortunate. Many people already don't like to TB, this will just make it worse.

Maul change - would the upgrade drop on death? If it does, I could see this being acceptable, since a 50% maul would now become "high value." If it doesn't, nerf the maul to 60% and keep it there.

Overhead prayers - Please no, whoever came up with this, clearly doesn't understand PvP. That much protection makes it so certain people are basically invincible.

Continued next post.. (next page)
Castle Wars in Theme - A few minor changes to fix cheating
Cross Minigame Reward Shop - Polled December 26th 2013
Mobile Improvements and Ironman PvM Solution

14-May-2019 03:22:23 - Last edited on 14-May-2019 04:38:10 by 4ev

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411 Back to Top