Forums

Cross Minigame Reward Shop

Quick find code: 322-323-808-66044823

4ev

4ev

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cross Minigame Reward Shop

Preface:

So this one passed a poll a very, very long time ago, but still nothing has been done with it. It was polled (and passed) December 26th 2013. Unfortunately none of the rewards passed along with the shop, mainly because they were rewards that had nothing to do with minigames and fit better into skilling activities etc.

I have some ideas on what would be fair rewards, and a fair way to have a cross-reward shop, that neither devalues any minigames or their rewards thus far, and also encourages people that probably wouldn't give certain minigames a shot, the opportunity to do so.
Castle Wars in Theme - A few minor changes to fix cheating
Cross Minigame Reward Shop - Polled December 26th 2013
Mobile Improvements and Ironman PvM Solution

15-Sep-2018 03:03:30 - Last edited on 31-May-2021 23:43:05 by 4ev

4ev

4ev

So the main thing people
DONT WANT
is to feel forced to play a minigame. They also don't want to feel like minigames are a waste of their time. This is what makes this cross-minigame shop such a challenge. Efficiency driven players will figure out which minigame is the 'most efficient' and that minigame will be grinded out.

There's a nice way to avoid that, or at least lessen the impact it will have on the overall player-base:

New Currency System

There would be a new currency system, where you receive 1 of (insert name here) currency every minute, in addition to whatever the current rewards already are.

I would only want this currency to be gained in minigames where you had to interact with other players, and the minigame itself wasn't seen as an efficient way to profit or gain exp. I feel the list below fits that:

Barbarian Assault
Castle Wars
Clan Wars
Pest Control
Fishing Trawler
Trouble Brewing
Burthorpe Games Room

Weekly or Bi-Weekly Minigames

Minigames would be rotated, and when the minigames are highlighted, you could earn 10% bonus new currency in addition to the original 100%. The trick here is to make this new currency take the same amount of time to earn, no matter the mini-game. The reason for extra incentives to certain minigames, is it will increase overall activity for those minigames in that given time-frame.

It's easiest to look at minigames where there is basically a timer, but I'm suggesting the cross-minigame currency would basically be a 'participation reward' so other minigames need to be looked at in the same manner.

Example
Week 1
- Trouble Brewing highlighted (base rate 60 currency per hour)

You could go play 3 games of trouble brewing and earn 66 of the new currency, or play 3 games of castle wars and get 60 of the currency, for the same time investment.

I feel Pest Control should never be highlighted.

15-Sep-2018 03:03:40 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2020 05:11:56 by 4ev

4ev

4ev

Reward Shop
- Suggestions

Everyone wants rewards, but nobody wants rewards that are seen as useless or overpowered. To me, that means improving things already existing, but not making anything game-changingly over-powered (more convenience updates than anything). I'm open to more suggestions that would fit this sort of a criteria, but I'll get the ball rolling...

These would all be non-tradeable of course (we don't want to add profit/hr).

Morphing Combat and Skilling Armour

If anyone remembers the combat gear from stealing creation, it could morph into different corners of the combat triangle. That was a very unique feature, but due to the gear's set stats, it was highly under-utilized.

Combat

I'm proposing combat gear that starts out with the stats of leather, wizard robes, and iron. From there, you could "feed" it better gear, and it would gain the gear's level requirements to wield, and the gear's stats (along with the model, to allow players to still see gear stats). It could only consume non-degradeable gear, and would have some visual identifier to the set (a unique trim effect, particle effects, etc.) Gear can only be consumed, and can be uncharged at any time, reverting to base stats for that style, allowing to be charged with something else. Gear consumed is never refunded and instead sunk out of the game.

Skilling

Basically, this would be a way to have multiple skilling gears as one, without allowing you to have the benefits of all at once. For example, you can charge it with any of the existing experience boosting gear, graceful, rogue, etc. However, it needs to be morphed into that gear piece, for you to receive the benefits from it. Unlike the combat variation, this could be uncharged freely, since there's no need to sink out untradeable skilling gear (some can get visual upgrades, like graceful).

15-Sep-2018 03:03:51 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2021 16:04:33 by 4ev

4ev

4ev

Board Games

These would be transportable versions of the board games found in the games room. Sometimes people just want to hang out and this would give them something to anywhere, a reward very much in the mindset of minigames.

Currency Pouch

Tired of all those various currencies (usually from minigames) using your valuable bank space? Well this can help with that.

Non-Equipable Toolbox(es)

This is another bank space saver. This would only allow basic tools to be stored in it. These tools could be used from within the box (open to them not being used, but I tried limiting the tools to not overpower). I tried limiting it to only items that would have no affect on adding additional inventory space (please point out if I overlooked something) to anything where inventory space matters (for example no saw + hammer - construction exp boost). Everything stored in it drops to the ground on death. It could also be split up into three two separate items if need be, basic tools, fishing tools
and a mould holder. Items that could be stored are:

Amulet Mould
. . . . . . .
Hammer

Bracelet Mould
. . . . . .
Chisel

Necklace Mould
. . . . .
Knife

Ring Mould
. . . . . . . . .
Tinderbox

Tiara Mould
. . . . . . . . .
Pestle and mortar

Bolt Mould
. . . . . . . . . .
Shears

Holy Mould
. . . . . . . . .
Needle

Unholy Mould
. . . . . . .
Glassblowing pipe

Sickle Mould

- Fishing tools removed due to tackle box implementation

15-Sep-2018 03:04:09 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2023 06:19:08 by 4ev

4ev

4ev

Potions and Consumables use-able only in minigames

These would be use-able only in combat oriented (safe) minigames
Castle Wars
Clan wars
Pest Control

Overloads - Magic/Range/Super Strength/Super Attack/Super Defence potion that does 50 damage
Spec Restores - recovers 25% special attack per dose, and has a 2 minute cooldown per sip
Prayer Enhance - has a delayed prayer recovery effect for 5 minutes per dose. Restores slightly more prayer than a prayer potion, but the effect is delayed.

Catalytic runes set (100) - works as all non-elemental runes
Elemental runes set (100) - works as all elemental runes

No exp would be gained when casting spells using these runes.

Other posters suggestions:

One proposed idea is to have the NMZ imbues added to the shop. I'd be okay with that, if it wasn't used as a stepping stone to get other minigame rewards added to the shop. This shop should be used to bring new content into the game, and fix bad content. Not as a way to not have to play certain content.

15-Sep-2018 03:04:20 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2019 14:38:00 by 4ev

The contents of this message have been hidden.

15-Sep-2018 09:54:44

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FYI there's a stickies thread that you could use rather than create another thread. 200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

22-Sep-2018 14:30:21

4ev

4ev

This thread is to discuss my idea, which is fundamentally different from simply inserting rewards. I want to create a new currency to not make a single minigame most efficient currency, etc.

Also, I've not seen the owner of that thread update it in some time.

Please stay on topic.

22-Sep-2018 14:45:49

Quick find code: 322-323-808-66044823 Back to Top