Forums

Game Integrity: Revision

Quick find code: 380-381-470-65997996

Lost Rogue
Nov Member 2014

Lost Rogue

Posts: 311 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thieving NPC's

This is gonna really effect people with a low thieving level that fail a fair bit and need to bring an invent of food, and pretty much make it only viable for people who are at the point where they no longer fail or have a very low fail rate so around 90+.

Solution

lower the gp you get by 5-10 gp per pickpocket and make the coin pouch a 1/10 chance to receive that gives 100 gp alongside your normal gp.

Bots

As for people saying that people could still make bots to open the pouch i think that is the point its properly hard for them to tell apart someone using an auto clicker and someone using mouse keys this would force auto clickers to use bots that do more actions which i assume make them easier to detect.

Rogue

17-Mar-2018 11:56:55

Ivoos
Nov Member 2021

Ivoos

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't read all 9 pages, so I don't know if this has been said already, but the proposed change to the mage training arena doesn't seem very useful to me. I got bones to peaches recently and never saw more than 1 other player in the same room.

The problem is bots hopping worlds, picking up the dstones, enchanting and then hopping again. I usually saw bots entering the exact moment the stones reappeared. I think randomizing the respawn rate would do more than capped public instances.

17-Mar-2018 12:39:28

Lost Rogue
Nov Member 2014

Lost Rogue

Posts: 311 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mage Training Arena

As the guy above said the proposed solution would do absolutely nothing, bots just hop around enchant them then hop again and repeat there is rarely more than 1 or 2 people on the same world.

Solution:

Remove the spawns completely, instead make the things in there more viable, make enchanting them give 1 extra point for each enchant:

level 1 sapphire enchant = 1 point per, level 2 emerald enchant = 2 point per etc up to level 7 zenyte enchant giving 7 points per.

The highlighted shape if enchanted could give a 1/5 chance to transform into a dragon stone which can then be enchanted for extra points how it is now.

The room itself could also be shrunk down a bit once the dragon stones are removed to make it a bit nicer to people who want to take the extra effort to run around and enchant the highlight shape.

Rogue

17-Mar-2018 13:55:15

Q B E
Mar Member 2024

Q B E

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This will be a bit of constructed criticism, referring to all of the wanted updates. I can't fit a lot so It'll be quick summaries.

Box traps - I was going to suggest this anyway. It seems like the most logical thing to do is to have multiple the ability to learn how to set them up with the quest, because it primarily teaches you how to there. 100% approve.

Anti-Dragon shields - Sure, seems pretty good. A bit of an odd one, and I'd probably still have it somehow unlocked, maybe a minigame of sorts, because the 32qp is, a bit steep. However, definitely not that hard to get. 80% approve.

Lundail's shop - I see nothing bad about it. Ironmen already have alternatives to buying runes, this isn't that big of an impact, and the quests can be linked with a simple "Oh hes a friend of mine". Maybe make the runes a bit more discounted IF they have the quests?

Zaff's - 100% approve.

Wines of Zamorak - I think this update would be pretty good overall, it would encourage players to actually level their accounts rather than simply getting that telegrab level. The price of Wines would increase quite a bit making this method even more worth it to aim for. 90% approve.

Mage Training Arena - Not all bad, seems very logical to be honest, would fit the style of some other places and would be more consistent. 100% approve.

I'll continue this in another reply now, because I have a lot to say about the pickpocketing change

17-Mar-2018 14:41:33

Q B E
Mar Member 2024

Q B E

This is a continuation from my other reply.

Pickpocketing update - I'm very very very strongly against it.

If this was to be implemented, it will change it entirely, and there will be a big divide between the players who got it before and after the update, as after it would be much harder.

Right now, I love the way it is. It's an amazing downtime, comparable to woodcutting and fishing. If not better. I love the way it is, with Ardougne knights for example, it's a much needed change of pace from the whole game, right now, it's very easy to pay minimal attention to it, yet still enough to check your health, dodgy necklaces, for any randoms, etc. In my honest opinion, it's perfect the way it is.

A ton of people I see agreeing to this change or suggesting changes to ardy knights, are the people who already have 99 thieving. It isn't crazy to think that that would be a bit of a bias opinion.

I love the way it is, it's one of the only skills you can do on your downtime with the least attention, and it would change quite heavily if it was changed in the way like it was in the blog post.

The you get, you get the very quickly, the inventory would fill up very fast. It would also make it so that you'd have to carry additional spaces for coin pouches instead of food.

It will also only affect virtually ardy knights, and not the other alternative - Master Farmers, so people will just switch to those.

I can currently watch a movie, and play RuneScape at the same time, and thieving is one of the best skills for that. I love the way that it is, I don't know if I can stress this enough.

I would personally, hate hate HATE this update. I think it would ruin it completely, both from the logical standpoint (The Ardy knight's pockets are black holes that can store hundreads of thousands of small cloth money bags?) And an integrity standpoint (People love the way it is, thats why so many do it.)

I beg you to reconsider.

17-Mar-2018 14:54:12

Q B E
Mar Member 2024

Q B E

This is a continuation from my other reply.

Pickpocketing update - I'm very very very strongly against it.

If this was to be implemented, it will change it entirely, and there will be a big divide between the players who got it before and after the update, as after it would be much harder.

Right now, I love the way it is. It's an amazing downtime, comparable to woodcutting and fishing. If not better. I love the way it is, with Ardougne knights for example, it's a much needed change of pace from the whole game, right now, it's very easy to pay minimal attention to it, yet still enough to check your health, dodgy necklaces, for any randoms, etc. In my honest opinion, it's perfect the way it is.

A ton of people I see agreeing to this change or suggesting changes to ardy knights, are the people who already have 99 thieving. It isn't crazy to think that that would be a bit of a bias opinion.

I love the way it is, it's one of the only skills you can do on your downtime with the least attention, and it would change quite heavily if it was changed in the way like it was in the blog post.

The you get, you get the very quickly, the inventory would fill up very fast. It would also make it so that you'd have to carry additional spaces for coin pouches instead of food.

It will also only affect virtually ardy knights, and not the other alternative - Master Farmers, so people will just switch to those.

I can currently watch a movie, and play RuneScape at the same time, and thieving is one of the best skills for that. I love the way that it is, I don't know if I can stress this enough.

I would personally, hate hate HATE this update. I think it would ruin it completely, both from the logical standpoint (The Ardy knight's pockets are black holes that can store hundreads of thousands of small cloth money bags?) And an integrity standpoint (People love the way it is, thats why so many do it.)

I beg you to reconsider.

17-Mar-2018 14:54:14

Kall me Kazi
May Member 2021

Kall me Kazi

Posts: 452 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the 60 min death mechanic. For us legitimate players who grinded for hours to earn our bis gear I would probably just quit if I lost it all. I spent months grinding 99 slayer to earn the gold to buy all my gear. There have been countless times where I have died, lost my bis gear,and had to equip some crap gear to run back to my death spot and then died again while looting my stuff. As a legitimate player who literally spent months and months to earn the money for my gear I'd probably just quit if everytime I died to a boss like K'ril I'd lose all my gear and have to regrind for it all.

Also, please DO NOT FORCE MAJOR GAME-CHANGING UPDATES DOWN OUR THROATS WITHOUT SOME FORM OF POLLING. This is what killed RuneScape in 2007. Jagex wanted to stop RWT, and ruined PVP. (Copied this from a post earlier in the thread and can't agree more).

17-Mar-2018 16:36:03

Quick find code: 380-381-470-65997996 Back to Top