Forums

Abbey Road Studios Competition

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454

Enceb0llad0
Jan Member 2024

Enceb0llad0

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favorite song has to be a tie between background and stratosphere, but I'll go with background.

I didn't really pay attention to the song when I played years ago hiding from my mom in the closet while I stayed up playing, usually killing moss giants under varrock, but when I watched one of Mote Plox's videos and heard it it reminded me of all those hours where I felt like a pro because I had full rune. I sometimes listen to it when I feel a little nostalgic :) . Runescape really has a great playlist

20-Nov-2017 17:13:06 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2017 17:13:23 by Enceb0llad0

Slavetogod

Slavetogod

Posts: 501 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The greatest music of all time would have to be #NIGHTFALL.

Composer Ian Taylor did an exceptional job that surpasses the quality of even today's most popular games. It has rung a special note in the hearts of many adventurer's and if you ask around you will find many of these same players have written lyrics to this great art piece.

It simply brings you back into the stone age with a big happy smile on your face. Euphoric is the least anyone can explain what this musical masterpiece does to ones body and soul.

Thank you for this opportunity to let your fan-base express one of the most neglected least talked about subject of the game.

20-Nov-2017 18:35:35

Sacra Aquila

Sacra Aquila

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I entered this world in 2005 I was intrigued by the wilderness. I was scared to go there as I didn't want to lose any items. It didn't take long for me to create a low level mage pure to pk with which I enjoyed a lot. So whenever I ventured north into the wilderness the soundtrack "Crystal Sword" would start playing and every time I heard that I got goosebumps, I got a little panicky and my heart started racing. To this day the track still reminds me of the thrill that came with the track (and still comes from it a little :P ) which is why out of all the beautiful songs heard in Runescape Crystal Sword has to be my favourite track.

20-Nov-2017 20:56:48

Soarance12

Soarance12

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea Chantey is definitely my favorite. It caught my ear the first time I played RS, and I would listen to it over and over again no matter where I was on the map. The melody was fantastic and it game me a sense of adventure.

20-Nov-2017 21:39:57

Silverviper0

Silverviper0

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My Fav song would be welcome to the jungle when i used to pk in wildy. LOL jk jk. Many memorizing moments in 04 05. Really I think every song is well done I favorite them all from 7th realm to Z. Anyways thank you Grower Brothers and all at Jagex for this musical soundtrack. :D

21-Nov-2017 06:03:43

Well Said
Oct Member 2021

Well Said

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favorite track in OSRS is Mor UI Rek. I love how it slowly builds up, and adds more and more elements into the song until the last half, when it plays as a transformed masterpiece of many musical elements that all work very well together. It's so well done that I actually looked up who made it and attempted to find more music by that composer (i.e. Mod Bond), but sadly I couldn't easily find more by him.

21-Nov-2017 21:41:50

tebs

tebs

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Workshop, the reoccurring 'cycle of work'

Thinking about my favourite osrs track brings several to mind. With such homely songs as harmony and spirit to those incredibly enduring anthems like adventure, choosing a single candidate would prove more difficult than I had first imagined.

I did however come to a conclusion, and after some thinking decided that my favourite song would definitely be Workshop.

This song is an unlikely choice, but it's a track I can deeply relate to as it represents the reoccurring 'cycle of work'; no sooner is one job complete than another appears.

Workshop was released in an update on March 15th, 2004 along with 184 other songs primarily composed by Ian Taylor. Both the magnitude of this update, amounting to approximately 1/3rd Taylor's total song output, and the in-game location, near Falador mines, set the conditions for the creation of a song that transcends its sonic boundaries to make a greater, philosophical point.

This is a song which reflects upon the collective struggle that humans face when stuck in the spirit-consuming cycle of repetitive work, a cycle that must be broken in order to enjoy the things in life that truly matter.

The idea of a reoccurring 'cycle of work' is reflected in the song's form, which departs from its initial grim overtone to sound momentarily hopeful, before returning to its original work-mode rhythm, coming full circle and thus reentering the 'cycle of work'.

As a kid I never appreciated this track, I always thought it was dreary and glum, but now that I'm older (hopefully wiser too) I realise its significance and respect it greatly as I understand the meaning behind its creation.

22-Nov-2017 15:06:40

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454 Back to Top