Forums

Abbey Road Studios Competition

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454

Tearanewone

Tearanewone

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Book of Spells, hands down.

Something about this track always takes me down memory lane, during a time where as a new Runescape player, everything was unknown and to be discovered. I remember lumbridge swamp being my first experience going into an area I saw as potentially dangerous, but thriving off the idea of discovering something new to do. Upon entering the swamp, the music changes from the generally upbeat and happy melody of lumbridge's various tracks, to a sudden silence, which then becomes the slow and mysterious intro of Book of Spells. Unsure of what to do next, I would begin wandering deeper into the swamp, with my curiosity becoming more intense. The music quite literally reflects my thoughts, as it goes from a simple 2 chord melody, to some instrumental plucking, adding more variety to the song. A spot to fish, perfect! Heres where the track becomes more like the others I was used to, happy and upbeat. Fishing away, I realise there are no trees around to cook cut and use to make fire for my raw shrimp. But wait, the dark area of the swamp I have not explored yet... Perhaps there are trees there? The music once again suddenly changes to its more creepy and haunting part, as dead trees come into sight. It was the giant rats of course that were the most threatening, as I see a player fleeing from one only to be hit one last time and dropping to the floor. This was too much, as I backed away back towards the lighter fishing area. After some thought, I decided it was worth the risk to head back in, to see how bad it really was. The music switches up once again, almost as a mix of the creepy and upbeat sound, honoring my triumph of collecting some logs, and even slaying one of the rats that guard the swamp. This is literally what goes through my mind whenever I hear this song, as it is all what happened during my first listen. Ill never forget hearing it for the first time, and overcoming my fear of the swamp. This games music never ceases to amaze me.
Scapin since '07

18-Nov-2017 05:57:20

Heeling
Dec Member 2011

Heeling

Posts: 1,329 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favorite song in runescape, is the login screen song. Hearing that iconic melody in my head gives me chills, it almost brings me to a time when life wasn't so difficult, when I was young and didn't know or even care about real life issues that you face when your an adult. I'm 23 years young and my dream is to visit Jagex, so hopefully with this message I can make it come true :) . I live in America btw, show me another country pls.

18-Nov-2017 07:55:02

Megumin dayo

Megumin dayo

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favorite song would have to be Courage. I love it so much I downloaded it to many other devices. It sounds so dark and evil and just AWESOME! Most game music would be somewhat calm to not distract you from the attention, but this one had so much going on, I put it on par with songs released by music groups unrelated to games. I think it's so epic that it would fit perfectly for an end-game boss battle (not necessarily RuneScape, but a video game in general).

18-Nov-2017 09:22:41

Viking Dad
Jun Member 2023

Viking Dad

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even tho I started play few years before this song came up is my favorite, animal apoge the song that you get while unlocking summoning skills, because the melody remind me a song that I use to hear when I was kid and they use it to make me sleep :) .
SLAY CLAN

18-Nov-2017 11:06:08

Thiele Small

Thiele Small

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favourite runescape tune of all time has got to be Bob's Evil Island. It's undeniably catchy and became somewhat of a meme to my housemate and I. I loved it so much I made a remix of it, I even sampled some of the instruments from the original to use in other tracks of my own creation... timeless fun, timeless tune. Bob 5ever

18-Nov-2017 11:52:20

Pimmyjage
Nov Member 2022

Pimmyjage

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Harmony ,
hands down.

Why?

1. It has been my favourite song from runescape since I was a little teenager.
2. Beautiful song with a simple but catching melody.
3. Harmony represents the fact that a song doesn't have to be super-complicated to actually sound good. It's the little things that make the song what it is.
4. I have arranged Harmony for guitar and play it casually for my friends and sometimes even at my gigs.
5. As a music teacher I use this piece as an étude for my guitar-students
(true story)
6. Listening to this song instantly brings me back to my childhood and reminds me of all the friends I made and all the stupid deaths I experienced in-game.

18-Nov-2017 13:33:52 - Last edited on 18-Nov-2017 13:38:34 by Pimmyjage

Boom
May Member 2017

Boom

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crystal Sword
I started playing in my first year at Secondary school, there was a small group of us that all played back then and I think I'm the only one that still plays now, 14 years later.
One of my fondest memories was when we all plucked up the courage to venture in to the wilderness, through the North walls of Varrock and this song made me apprehensive.

A couple of weeks later, a few of us all took fire bolts to try and kill some people in the low levels of Varrock wilderness to this tune. A couple of us had a music class together and recreated a terrible (but recognisable) version of Crystal sword using various instruments and it was so fun. No one else in the class knew what it was! :D

18-Nov-2017 14:07:33 - Last edited on 18-Nov-2017 14:11:13 by Boom

ShadowAkaly

ShadowAkaly

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Other Side

This song captures the feeling of being in another world, not just the Runescape world (Gielinor) but also Port Phasmatys (where it unlocks). Port Phasmatys is an isolated and forgotten ghost town in the corner of the map and feels like another world within Gielinor itself.

The song carries a soft, sad tune which compliments the lore of the area where we discover the fate of the town's ghost citizens trapped during the quest Ghosts Ahoy.

The Other Side completely immersed me in the world of Gielinor in a way unlike any other tracks and I will never forget the joy and peace I felt when I first heard it.

18-Nov-2017 16:44:29

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454 Back to Top