Forums

Abbey Road Studios Competition

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454

Rargh
Aug Member 2008

Rargh

Posts: 420 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Harmony.

Picture this. A clueless new adventurer logs in to RuneScape. He's confused, he's overwhelmed, but most of all he's excited to see the new world he sees around him. The song Harmony is the first song the adventurer hears entering the mainland. It's the song they're listening to when they kill their first goblin, cut their first tree, or even light their first log. It's a song that represents the simpler times in RuneScape, when players were more focused on exploring new lands, learning new skills and discovering new monsters, rather than grinding for maximum efficiency.

It's a song that has a soft spot in every single Scaper's heart, both new and old. Memories of their first days will most certainly be remembered upon hearing this graceful tune. Its legacy will live on and forever be a symbol of the beginning of a wonder adventure we call RuneScape.

18-Nov-2017 16:51:06

WildySheriff
Dec Member 2021

WildySheriff

Posts: 560 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since I've been playing since 2003, I am all too familiar with RS music, and there's too many to name that bring back nostalgia for me. But one of my favorites is Forever. I have listened to this one too many times while chopping Yew trees in Edgeville. Back in the day, in F2p the only good money-making method was Yews or the mining guild. I sat there for hours and days trying to get enough money for full Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix armour (rune armour). The zammy and sara sets were about 3-4m each, so it was quite expensive. Good times indeed. I remember being jealous of people wearing santa hats and halloween masks, because I couldn't afford them and they were items of prestige.

18-Nov-2017 19:00:37

iaago

iaago

Posts: 429 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Autumn Voyage. Every time I listen to this song, it reminds me killing cows and chickens at lumbridge when I was 10, and waking up earlier, before my brother, so I could play without being bothered. It was very hard to me to play because I am Brazilian, I couldn't understand much of the game. The only thing I was worried about in my life was playing Runescape. Now one of my preferred things to do is to study music, and I really want to meet Abbey Road studio. Thank you Jagex for being part of most of my childhood.!

18-Nov-2017 20:06:02

R3ptile

R3ptile

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A daring adventurer, you take your first step into no-man's land. Nothing looks different, but the vibe has changed. As you progress, the lush green landscape transforms into a barren wasteland. Scorched trees and burnt remains litter the ground.

You hear a small shake. An elongated, foreboding undertone. The rhythm and your heartbeat increase pace in unison. As you approach the gates, you begin to sprint. No players in sight, but you can never be too sure. Your pulse pounds like the drums you hear.

You make it through the gate, rush down the ladder, pull the lever, and teleport out. Not a threat the whole way through, yet never has a sense of unease and excitement held you quite so spellbound. The cadence of Wilderness 2 forced you into an anxious frenzy, and yet you're already itching for your next trip into the Wild.

tl;dr Wilderness 2. It perfectly embodies the intrigue, feel, and life of Oldschool Runescape. In other words, it perfectly embodies what it means to play Oldschool Runescape.

18-Nov-2017 22:58:25

Low Mike

Low Mike

Posts: 220 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't want to enter, I just tell my favourite.

The Forlorn Homestead is very calming, simply beautiful. Very consistent and melodically smart. Only a skilled composer is able to create something like this and even then it has taken lots of thinking and listening to figure out what note is coming next. Also there is carefully picked instruments, a guitar and a harp I guess? Very good combination.

PLEASE arrange a composers competition, just only for log in screen if you can't add music to the game. How can you add images to logging screen if not music.
Player since 2005
Goals:
Make 1b,
make music, watch videos, make videos, enjoy all aspects of life

19-Nov-2017 09:03:03

No Game Data
Jun Member 2006

No Game Data

Posts: 725 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pest Control

I have several favorites but this is probably the most memorable. I've always listened to the in-game sounds and music but I remember logging in shortly after the Pest Control minigame went live. I was in High School at the time and was playing early in the morning. So after reloading the game and trying to figure out where to go, I finally made it into one of the boats with a team. The moment that boat got to the island and the Music's drums starting beating, it was an amazing feeling and sight. I watched as everyone spread out and run in all directions, starting to fight any monsters that were coming near the Void Knight or the gates.

As I made my way toward a Portal with a feeling of adrenaline going, I noticed I'm getting hit hard by the mobs and everyone around is starting to get overwhelmed. Soon enough as if on cue, (I'm not so much focused on the music but it's almost in sync with my actions & everything I'm witnessing for the first time), at the 0:44 second mark the Music takes a turn and the bell sounds from the song come chiming in. It kind of gave the feeling that we were going to lose, and more so that I had to go to school! This song really gives off a vibe of urgency! And shortly after, I lost my first game of Pest Control and had to rush off to school with the anticipation of getting to play when I got home.

Back then and even till now, every time that boat arrives at the start of a new match, it makes me feel pumped. That holds true even after hearing it over and over again, on repeat grinding it out for points, for hours on end.

Fun Fact: I've been playing since Classic (those were some quiet times), so the introduction of sounds and especially music made my experience with Runescape way more enjoyable!

19-Nov-2017 09:48:23 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2017 09:54:43 by No Game Data

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454 Back to Top