Forums

Abbey Road Studios Competition

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454

BurnPizza
Jan Member 2024

BurnPizza

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Horizon

I remember being a young kid playing with my friend on free to play standing behind the gate of Taverley trying to see what's in there in the members area and listening to this song. It really made us wonder and imagine what kinda adventure waits us behind those gates. Well 6 years later when Old School Runescape got released I got my first membership and the first thing I remember doing after tutorial island was running there instantly and seeing what was there, and the track Horizon played again and at that point I remembered that day with my friend and I couldn't stop smiling that I got to do something I had dreamt about for so long
Arr

19-Nov-2017 14:17:39

Rakunera

Rakunera

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favourit by far is Mausoleum,

A long while before EOC I became member on this one particilar day which I got
for my birthday and as soon as I got it I wanted to know what this swampy looking
area was all about. I then found out that it's locked behind a quest so I began doing some quests to enter this area. So I finished it anf I can tell you I was blown away... Blown away by this song that seems to fit this area so well and hypes you up for this area which is filled with all new NPCs, monsters and above all a whole new area with my favourit *boss* the barrows brothers. (Everyone wanted the veracs body, haha.) Alot of new fun quests with fun and usefull rewards like the ectophial and it all seemed so sureal. And to top it all off, mausoleum is also the song that made me return to Old schoolrunescape to relive these memmories. And to this day Morytania is my favourit area without a doubt.

Thankyou for doing this competition it shows alot of involvement with the community and I love the way Runescape is going.

PS: Time to listen to mausoleum, hehe :)

19-Nov-2017 15:28:50

Hiraku Hiro

Hiraku Hiro

Posts: 203 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Favorite song be the scape theme Ya might be to much but its the first tune i ever heard starting on runescape and it just felt like a boss, Grand entrance. It pretty much started my journey on runescape and still going! Proud and strong :) Thank you Jagex For such an amazing game :) .

19-Nov-2017 17:07:07

causey
Dec Member 2016

causey

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Scape Original" has always been a magical track for me because it evokes the nostalgia of playing the game as a teenager. It brings forth memories outside of Runescape; like waking up early before school to gain some extra experience. Every time the website would load (this was before downloadable clients) I would get physically excited because Runescape has always been an adventure, not just a game.

19-Nov-2017 19:25:11

T Shimamura

T Shimamura

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, my favorite song is: Sea Shanty 2.

It's amazing! Reminds me the good times playing Runescape, and enjoying Karamja!
Just picture yourself in a boat on a river -Beatles (Abbey Road) reference-, going to Karamja, while I imagine myself in some adventures enjoying this song! Hahaha! It's really cool! Thanks :)

19-Nov-2017 21:00:22

AureusDraco

AureusDraco

Posts: 1,695 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pick & Shovel!!!

Even though I'm not an oldschool veteran of runescape, when I first started playing I explored the depths of the Falador mines and spent so much time in the motherload mine with this song at full volume, humming to the happy and uplifting tunes of this amazing song!!

Shout out to the composer,

Thank you, Ashleigh Bridges :)
Golden General
of
UNTHINKING MAJORITY~PvM~Social

Click Here to join us today!

19-Nov-2017 22:06:11

Chamber diff
Mar Member 2024

Chamber diff

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Barbarianism ofc. I remember had spent weeks/months (an hour or less per day cuz my parents wanted for me to have a life, ya know) training with my brother around Barbarian Village eating meats n drinking beers in 2006. Nostalgic af man!

19-Nov-2017 23:45:34

wizad man

wizad man

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, so my favourite runescape soundtrack would have to be the Fanfare soundtrack!

There's a story behind this but I'l explain why this track is my favourite firstly,

Nostalgia walking into falador as a child for the first time with 0 run energy just dazzled by the white castle and madness of all the people by the park in w2.

The Instrumentation the trumpets and the rhythm of the song just stand out and it's typical fanfare but so independent from being anything like the other rs classics.

The Story okay so here goes. I would be in primary school still, aged 8 and I was in a music lesson. My primary musical school teacher played us a song, trumpets blaring cermonial-like and rhetorically asked our group a question: "Does anyone know what this type of music is called?" and 8 year old me just blurted out "It's Fanfare!" my teachers were in awe. How would a person so young know such a niche fact and why?!?! and the answer my friends is because Runescape. ;)

20-Nov-2017 01:40:32

Edcy

Edcy

Posts: 1,105 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That has to be Memories of Guthix. Never ever never ever have i been so well deluded by his so really happening death. Never ever! You are free to listen to this track and imagine me being crowned by Guthix himself for knowing the less than obvious matter.

saddles nearby unicow and rides into venusdawn

20-Nov-2017 17:11:48

Quick find code: 380-381-440-65966454 Back to Top