Forums

Dev Blog: OSRS Mobile TLI

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230

ShaunDreclin
Nov Member 2023

ShaunDreclin

Posts: 881 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would argue that the "Main" buttons on the right should be Combat, Magic, Prayer, Equipment, and Inventory. Maybe or maybe not in that order, but they're the important ones that you actively use in pvm/pvp situations, where you need to be able to access things quickly.

The buttons would need to be slightly shrunken to fit 5, or you could move the world map orb to the top right corner of the interface to make room for 5 tabs.
Snape skills Dumbledore

14-Sep-2017 17:16:42 - Last edited on 14-Sep-2017 17:26:09 by ShaunDreclin

Chaudoin

Chaudoin

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the 4 bigger buttons on the side but feel prayer would be better placed there then quest tab. If someone is going to be fighting anything they don't want the prayer tab popping upward on the left side of the screen that will be the majority of available space to click in. Or like the above suggested make it 5 deep on the right

14-Sep-2017 17:29:46

Picklelele

Picklelele

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The buttons on the right should be either customizable or inventory/ prayer/ magic/ combat

also the chat buttons should be grouped into a single menu to save space. I rarely use them and see no reason for them to be shown at all times on such a limited screen space

14-Sep-2017 17:32:15 - Last edited on 14-Sep-2017 17:34:44 by Picklelele

n iiiiiii ck

n iiiiiii ck

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ShaunDreclin said :
I would argue that the "Main" buttons on the right should be Combat, Magic, Prayer, Equipment, and Inventory. Maybe or maybe not in that order, but they're the important ones that you actively use in pvm/pvp situations, where you need to be able to access things quickly.

The buttons would need to be slightly shrunken to fit 5, or you could move the world map orb to the top right corner of the interface to make room for 5 tabs.

Do you really expect to be PvMing on mobile that regularly?

Would be nice if there was some level of customization to the buttons. But I think it makes sense to have the inventory, worn equipment, stats, prayer, and combat interface available.

14-Sep-2017 17:49:19

sol alt

sol alt

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The chat box should be rotated 90 degrees so that it is along the left hand side of the screen, this is what most other games do as it is the least intrusive way for text to be, with icons rather then full words to differentiate the tabs e.g. world for global, smiley for friends, clan icon for clans etc.
The icons on the bottom row should be condensed into one icon, so save more space, bringing a pop up menu, this can then be customised so the icons on the right make gameplay easier, possibly add a button in the menu which allows you to switch to dropping mode. The minimap should be shrunk into the world map icon, where clicking it once will open the minimap, and then clicking the minimap will open a full scale world map, which is then navigateable.

Apologies if the language sounds rather aggressive, didnt know how to phrase it, but these are the things which i would change.

14-Sep-2017 18:23:43

DamonAdonis

DamonAdonis

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I definitely like the 4-5 main buttons on the side. It would be good to have a range of 3-5 buttons option, as well as being able to drag and drop the tabs to select which main ones you want to have active.

The functionality would be drag, drop, which just switches the two buttons.

14-Sep-2017 18:28:06

2147 M

2147 M

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's great to see some examples of what we can expect. That being said, we won't really be able to evaluate until the beta is released, although I believe the single submenus for the social aspect makes sense and seems intuitive. I'm sure that early on, there won't be any customization. I would say that changing the button locations and sizes to customizable would be one of the first huge changes that could significantly improve the player's ease of play. Every hand is different for different mobile devices. Noob Extraordinaire & Killer of Monsters

14-Sep-2017 18:28:30

Mr  Poptarts
Feb Member 2007

Mr  Poptarts

Posts: 4,035 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please combine the logout and settings tab into one tab. Also please combine the skills and quest list into one tab. Then, move the magic interface under the inventory tab.

But also maybe just add a function where you can customize where the stone tabs are located. This would definitely be helpful for left handed people.

14-Sep-2017 18:35:28

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230 Back to Top