Forums

Dev Blog: OSRS Mobile TLI

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230

Kiofre

Kiofre

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Something to consider with displaying the buttons is to maybe hide tabs that aren't required during game play behind a consolidated button. By this i mean a "menu button" which would have the quest tab, skills, social tabs, etc. Inventory, combat, prayer, spell, and menu could be the ones left behind, dramatically reducing the number of buttons on screen and potentially allowing for them to be touched with less of a struggle.Many mobile games have this function and it has not interfered with my experience on those.

15-Sep-2017 03:05:03

Yarthken

Yarthken

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure what they're exactly planning for the right click options for the mobile version, but I feel the best way to do it efficiently is by having a small button in the corner, where, when you click it, and use your other finger and click anything, a right click will occur. I'm not exactly sure which corner it should be on or if it should be on both sides. I'm also not exactly how it would fit in the current GUI design.

15-Sep-2017 03:51:23

Husl N Musl
Mar Member 2024

Husl N Musl

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. Make the map hide/show
2.Remove the chat options and put that in options
3.Group the tabs in big icon catagories with show/hide.
4.Make chat a white color transparent.
5.Dont cater to pking at this stage of development/you should be able to do zulrah tho.

15-Sep-2017 05:54:00

Robot Stu
Mar Member 2024

Robot Stu

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to have options for interfaces so we can use different interfaces depending on what we're doing or depending on the sort of phone you are on.

For instance that current interface that is very small and prone to "fat fingering" might be great for someone doing skills like gathering ones where you wont want the interface clogging up your screen so much. It would also be great for someone using a phone with a stylus like the galaxy note for example where you can control it much more accurately so don't need the large clunky looking buttons.

On the other hand, the other interface with the larger buttons would be great for things like pvm, pvp/minigames or skills that require more interface interaction. Would also be good for bigger phones where you have more screen space to spare whereas with smaller phones you might prefer another option similiar to that interface but slightly scaled down.

Point is there is a big variety of phones that can be quite different so multiple interface options would be great, and then you can also switch between them depending on what your doing to make the most of your limited screen space.

15-Sep-2017 07:17:09

Sandyshrew

Sandyshrew

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It feels like it's getting there. Bringing something like Oldschool, which by modern day gaming is quite analog, up to date with mobile play was always going to be challenging.

It also seems like the keyboard location is vital here so please see suggestions below.

1. Like the location seems correct for visibility
2. Could it be coded so that you can simply swipe down the top of the screen when you wish to access the talk bar? Thinking around 15-20mm maximum.
This would show the last 2-3 lines typed in the conversation and you could scroll up to see more.
This would also free up the bottom of the screen for the keyboard.

3. Agree with other previous posts that chat bar & keyboard should be transparent/ see through.

Interface Buttons.
4. They seem okay where they are but has the possibility of having them as a slide out / hold in touch selection wheel each side of the screen been explored?

5. Like how they are currently split categorically

15-Sep-2017 09:53:36

LaFlavor

LaFlavor

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"85-90% of the population are right handed and although we in no way aim to discriminate between players for whichever is their more prominent hand, this placement is ideal for the clear majority of our potential user base if general population statistics are anything to go by."

Couldn't you just negate this whole issue with a "Lefty flip" option?

15-Sep-2017 15:50:24

Camerin

Camerin

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the buttons are too big now. They were definitely too small before. Just a little smaller would be better for more space to see what's going on. I also agree that the 4 main ones on the right aren't a good set, especially quests. A customizable set would be great.

15-Sep-2017 21:28:10

Phatal Shot

Phatal Shot

Posts: 129 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My suggestion is this make the chat box smaller. Maybe a 10:7 pixel area. I would also make a interfax similar to other apple for advertisements for the use of level caps or hightab areas. I would also look at a more customizable tabs like inventory combat styles and prayers. Let the players decide the size of all tabs because no everyone is going to be playing on a phone or using a phone screen ratio.
**Current user of iPhone 7plus, galaxy s8+ and galaxy note 8**
**posted on a iPhone 7plus reviewed on a galaxy s8+**

15-Sep-2017 21:46:28

theRickest
Nov Member 2018

theRickest

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just an idea, but is it possible to make the menus "scrollable" so that a user can swipe the screen and scroll through the different menus? This would allow for more screen space since you can eliminate the menus on the side and have them lined in a "wheel" format at the bottom.

Edit:

This can make it difficult to access some game features, so maybe instead of scrapping the scrolling idea altogether, why not add a feature to have "favorites" or menus that can't be scrolled set aside, either above or simply to the left/right of the wheel.
dnt stp on snek

15-Sep-2017 22:18:13 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2017 22:20:32 by theRickest

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230 Back to Top