Forums

Dev Blog: OSRS Mobile TLI

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230

flyingfark
Feb Member 2024

flyingfark

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you have it setup so you can scroll through the buttons? Also have the scroll on infinite loop. For example, if you scroll through all the way to the music button the next button would be the combat style button again. On top of this you could customise which order you would like the buttons to be.

16-Sep-2017 11:02:01

StannyBoiii

StannyBoiii

My draft is very simple to understand.

Top right corner under the map is 1 icon you click it and it expands the right menu and the same for the bottom, will be able to quickly expand the tab then minimise it too, saving room when your doing a task

Happy to send a draft over haha

16-Sep-2017 23:38:13

Nexi

Nexi

Posts: 1,496 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could there be a possiblilty of presets for the tabs?

For a pvm preset you would realistically only need inventory, combat, magic, prayers.
For a afk skilling preset, skill levels, inventory.

Just some thought of making it less cluggy. Also if we wanted to quest, a cleaner interface would be all the tabs along the bottom and the inventory moved to the right.

17-Sep-2017 02:54:50

JonathonSins
Dec Member 2022

JonathonSins

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Left-handed pride! :(

Would it be possible to simply have a setting that would switch between left-handed and right handed mode? In any case, no worries Jagex, we've already lost all the major battles of the century (scissors, mouse, ect).

Great job overall!

17-Sep-2017 17:42:16

MayhemTheMad
Feb Member 2024

MayhemTheMad

Posts: 5,617 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with the people saying that a toggle option for the mini map would be a good idea Discord Username:
C
razed
M
ayhem
Former Leader of: - The Final Stand - The Stricken Empire
Former Member of: The British devils '07-08 - The British Crusaders '08 - Korrupted 0rder '09 - Green Bandits '17-19

17-Sep-2017 18:19:12

TimeEdit

TimeEdit

Hi,

Thank you Jagex for making mobile app for osrs. You guys are really awesome! By the way, I would like to suggest something that you guys may or may not like. How about a scroll-able menu? It is easy to use, will not take space, and you can move it to right/left for lefty people.

Cheers!

18-Sep-2017 14:26:01

Rune Anvil

Rune Anvil

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You don't need to have the interface buttons visible at all times. Make the menus collapsible using an arrow or some other button that, when tapped, expands the list of menu tabs.

The button size is also 20%-30% too large in my opinion. They take up too much of the screen. I've seen many mobile games with buttons at least 50% smaller.

If none of you have any idea how to make a mobile interface (assuming that's why you're asking us), and your bosses are too cheap to hire a consultant, why don't you just post anonymously and vaguely on some sort of mobile app development forum and ask for advice?

Afterthought: Create mobile-specific option which toggles the button sizes.

JonathonSins said :
Left-handed pride! :(

Would it be possible to simply have a setting that would switch between left-handed and right handed mode? In any case, no worries Jagex, we've already lost all the major battles of the century (scissors, mouse, ect).

Great job overall!

They specifically said in the news post that they would not discriminate against left-handed users. I guess they should've plainly stated that they would add some sort of toggle to assuage users' possible concerns, but that is what I inferred - that they will make it a toggle.

18-Sep-2017 20:12:15 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2017 20:25:12 by Rune Anvil

Malgus Prime

Malgus Prime

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe you could combine the melee, prayer and spells tabs into one, so you would've cleared 2 off the interface, then you could have it similar to RS3 where you have the smaller buttons within each category, eg. teleports, attack spells, etc. but in this case it would be melee, prayer and spells. You could make the log out door a small button at the top right. You could make the UI customisable so that the buttons and boxes can be resized and repositioned by the user. My name is Malgus Prime, and I send this message to all humans living in fear of getting owned in the wilderness. I am here. I am waiting.

18-Sep-2017 22:21:28

Quick find code: 380-381-421-65949230 Back to Top